How is this not 'normal' rape: he proceeded over her objections to stop

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Judge under fire for rape sentence, implying victim was promiscuous

She could have sentenced him to 20 years in prison after he admitted to raping a 14-year-old girl in her high school.

Instead, a Texas judge gave the defendant a 45-day sentence and probation after implying that the victim was promiscuous.
What's next in Texas rape case?

Judge Jeanine Howard told The Dallas Morning News that she based the sentence, in part, on medical records indicating that the girl had had three sexual partners and had given birth.

She told the newspaper that the victim "wasn't the victim she claimed to be" and said the defendant, 20-year-old Sir Young, "is not your typical sex offender."

Allen further claimed that the victim had agreed to have sex with Young, just not on campus, and "upon making this bad judgment, he admitted that he proceeded over her objections to stop, and he admitted that to the police."

Judge under fire for rape sentence, implying victim was promiscuous - CNN.com

wth is wrong with people? this is rape, period. i cannot believe our judicial system can equate what level of rape is based on the victim's history. unless there are other facts i don't know, what a horrible sentence. he should get the max.

i wonder if bill (not sexual relations) clinton appointed her.

that aside....this sentence is appalling.

i wonder if bill (not sexual relations) clinton appointed her.

that aside....this sentence is appalling.

This judge recused herself and another judge has been appointed. The state filed a motion to request additional restrictions on the defendant. I wonder how that will work out?

On first glance the victim seems to have been treated very poorly. Something seems off about this and I would want more fyi.

The victim's background was reviewed and seemed to affect the judge's decision. I don't know if that is the norm or not. It would certainly seem that since she was not of the age of consent that would outweigh other considerations.

~~~
If her record--had had a child and had had sex with 3 others--was a factor---how about his record---no criminal record but how many times had he previously had sex? The jury convicted him of rape---very unusual sort of sentence.

The message this judge is sending is unclear--

A thousand years ago when I was 14---things were very different.

Last edited:
I just caught the end of the CNN segment on this--he will be a registered sex offender, attend counseling and have several other conditions.

The prosecution asked for 10 years--

Plenty for that community to discuss.

I suppose the judge is tired of 'the lack of common sense' that she must encounter daily.

Y'all who think that 45 days is too short for the word that I can't say, try to keep this in mind: Anything could be done to him within that 45 day period. :) :) :)

God bless you and the girl always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Y'all who think that 45 days is too short for the word that I can't say, try to keep this in mind: Anything could be done to him within that 45 day period. :) :) :)

God bless you and the girl always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

both of these kids should have had better sense--but too late for that.

I think Hillary's "bimbo eruption squad" used the same defense for the sociopathitic behavior of Bubba Bill Clinton.

Peter_Griffin.png

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty:"™

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hul_5x6aE4c]Conway Twitty, I See the Want to in Your Eyes[/ame]

http://judgejeaninehoward.com/experience.phpExperience

EDUCATION

Southern Methodist University, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1987
Texas Christian University, BBA – Business Mgmt., Cum Laude, 1984

LEGAL BACKGROUND

23 years practicing exclusively Criminal Law
Judge, Criminal District Court #6, Dallas County, January 2007 to present She is a state judge
Private Practice, November 1992 – December 2006, Felony and Misdemeanor
Prosecutor, Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, June 1990 – October 1992
3 years practicing Civil Litigation (May 1987 – May, 1990)

LEGAL EXPERIENCE (prior to Judicial)

Types of Court Proceedings Handled:

Trials
Appeals
Writs of Habeas Corpus
Petitions For Discretionary Review
Motions for New Trial
Motions to Suppress
Grand Jury Proceedings
Unique Aspects of Appellate Practice:

Handled over 200 Appeals
Argued and Won before the:
Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
Corpus Christi Court of Appeals
Dallas Court of Appeals
El Paso Court of Appeals
Numerous cases resulted in published Opinions in law reporters

LEGAL ASSOCIATIONS/ACTIVITIES

Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Member, DBA Criminal Justice Committee
Member, St. Thomas Moore Society
Participant in DBA Summer Law Intern Program, 2007 and 2008
Former Member, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Former Member, Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Former Associate Board Member, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Judge, SMU Moot Court Competition
Judge, Texas High School Mock Trial Competition

PERSONAL

Born and raised in Dallas, Texas; 1972 graduate of Hillcrest High School
Married 25 years to Steve Howard
Two daughters – Holly (24) and Theresa (22)
Worked at General Dynamics Corporation in Fort Worth, TX before attending Law School

Last edited:
The girl wasn't exactly an angel, and she did agree to have sex with the guy. However, women are allowed to change their minds before, or during the act, and as soon as she said no, that is when he needed to get off her.

Judge under fire for rape sentence, implying victim was promiscuous

She could have sentenced him to 20 years in prison after he admitted to raping a 14-year-old girl in her high school.

Instead, a Texas judge gave the defendant a 45-day sentence and probation after implying that the victim was promiscuous.
What's next in Texas rape case?

Judge Jeanine Howard told The Dallas Morning News that she based the sentence, in part, on medical records indicating that the girl had had three sexual partners and had given birth.

She told the newspaper that the victim "wasn't the victim she claimed to be" and said the defendant, 20-year-old Sir Young, "is not your typical sex offender."

Allen further claimed that the victim had agreed to have sex with Young, just not on campus, and "upon making this bad judgment, he admitted that he proceeded over her objections to stop, and he admitted that to the police."

Judge under fire for rape sentence, implying victim was promiscuous - CNN.com

wth is wrong with people? this is rape, period. i cannot believe our judicial system can equate what level of rape is based on the victim's history. unless there are other facts i don't know, what a horrible sentence. he should get the max.

Hmm...I think u have a point...Saying that a teen that had willing sex with several people can't be "legitimately" raped is like saying a millionaire with multiple investments can't be "legitimately" robbed....

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back