How many of you Biden supporters that said the ban on Oil exploration by Biden didn't have an affect on prices???

Watch gas prices skyrocket!!!

Biden administration cancels 3 major offshore oil lease sales

Why it matters: The move that all but ends the likelihood of the U.S. government
selling new drilling leases in coastal waters in 2022 comes as gas prices hit all-time highs and after President Biden spoke of supplying European nations with fuel to ease dependence on Russian energy following the invasion of Ukraine, per the Washington Post.

That is essentially what you are saying. You are undercutting your own argument and supporting my argument. If oil leases that are sold cannot be counted in 2020 and 2021 then Biden has nothing to do with the high prices. You can't have it both ways.
So you totally discount oil companies, refineries, gas station owners "planning" for production shortages by raising prices?

Are you one of those people that DON'T have contingency plans, because the above do!

And when Biden stops leases and just today ...Biden administration cancels 3 major offshore oil lease sales
Why it matters: The move that all but ends the likelihood of the U.S. government selling new drilling leases in coastal waters in 2022 comes as gas prices hit all-time highs and after President Biden spoke of supplying European nations with fuel to ease dependence on Russian energy following the invasion of Ukraine, per the Washington Post.

So you totally discount oil companies, refineries, gas station owners "planning" for production shortages by raising prices?

Are you one of those people that DON'T have contingency plans, because the above do!

And when Biden stops leases and just today ...Biden administration cancels 3 major offshore oil lease sales
Why it matters: The move that all but ends the likelihood of the U.S. government selling new drilling leases in coastal waters in 2022 comes as gas prices hit all-time highs and after President Biden spoke of supplying European nations with fuel to ease dependence on Russian energy following the invasion of Ukraine, per the Washington Post.
From your link,

The Interior Department said in an emailed statement that due to "lack of industry interest in leasing in the area," it "will not move forward with the proposed Cook Inlet OCS oil and gas lease sale 258."

The Interior Department said in an emailed statement that due to "lack of industry interest in leasing in the area," it "will not move forward with the proposed Cook Inlet OCS oil and gas lease sale 258."
According to the Interior Department ...right!!!

According to the Interior Department ...right!!!
That works so well for you Trumpbots doesn't it. A piece of information that disputes your position, you just sweep it away. Here is the thing, Biden has conducted many auctions over the last year, and prices, well they haven't been that high. Participation, few oil companies are even bothering to put in a bid. That is the reality, and that reality completely contradicts your position. So, bury your head in the sand, ignore that reality, and continue to trumpet your bullshit. Just know, informed people, people with the ability to utilize critical thinking, see you for the fool you are.

That works so well for you Trumpbots doesn't it. A piece of information that disputes your position, you just sweep it away. Here is the thing, Biden has conducted many auctions over the last year, and prices, well they haven't been that high. Participation, few oil companies are even bothering to put in a bid. That is the reality, and that reality completely contradicts your position. So, bury your head in the sand, ignore that reality, and continue to trumpet your bullshit. Just know, informed people, people with the ability to utilize critical thinking, see you for the fool you are.
All subjective observations! Where is your proof? I frequently supply links to the proof when I make comments and when you just personal opinion statements with NO proof who do you think most INTELLIGENT people believe as they can generally with my comments find substantiation.

Drilling permits spiked then plunged under Biden​

The Bureau of Land Management in January approved just 95 permits for oil and natural gas wells across federal lands in the United States, a plunge from the zenith of 643 issued last April, according to a review of data by E&E News.

The reason for the permitting slowdown is unclear, but it comes as Biden administration officials have been pushing the oil and gas industry to increase drilling amid surging gas prices. Many environmental groups also have been frustrated with the rapid pace of approvals, seeing it as a betrayal of President Biden’s pledges to confront climate change.
They say the approvals carved into the number of backlogged permits Biden inherited by nearly 1,000 by year’s end.
BLMaoorivaks2021.png

Chart of gas prices going up while federal leases goes down. Remember this is on Federal land that produces 24%
chartgasprices21-22.png

Last edited:
All subjective observations! Where is your proof? I frequently supply links to the proof when I make comments and when you just personal opinion statements with NO proof who do you think most INTELLIGENT people believe as they can generally with my comments find substantiation.

Drilling permits spiked then plunged under Biden​

The Bureau of Land Management in January approved just 95 permits for oil and natural gas wells across federal lands in the United States, a plunge from the zenith of 643 issued last April, according to a review of data by E&E News.

The reason for the permitting slowdown is unclear, but it comes as Biden administration officials have been pushing the oil and gas industry to increase drilling amid surging gas prices. Many environmental groups also have been frustrated with the rapid pace of approvals, seeing it as a betrayal of President Biden’s pledges to confront climate change.
They say the approvals carved into the number of backlogged permits Biden inherited by nearly 1,000 by year’s end.
View attachment 643981
Chart of gas prices going up while federal leases goes down. Remember this is on Federal land that produces 24%
View attachment 643985
I don't think you read the articles you post. You just hit Google and think you are on to something, anticipating that most people won't bother to investigate the documentation. Take this link,

It is a Congressional Report from 2018. You take the 24% number from here,

The federal share of total U.S. crude oil production fell from its peak at nearly 36% in 2009 to less than 24% in 2017 at the same time overall production increased.

Let's look at something more recent,

Most recent data from the Department of Interior and the Energy Information Administration show crude oil production on the federal offshore to be 15 percent of total U.S. oil production

So the 24% you have thrown around has suddenly shrunk to 15%. And don't even attempt to claim that Biden did all that. In fact, my challenge to you is show how Trump increased that percentage because, from the data, it looks like he didn't.

The rubber hits the road when you go here,

I could break down that spreadsheet, in fact, I am pretty sure I have in the past. Working with total production, both oil and natural gas, Biden has actually increased that number from Trump's highpoint. If we carve out natural gas, there may have been a decrease, but you don't deserve me taking the effort to break it down. The reality is that your claim, that 24% of available areas for oil production has been taken off the table is both false, and overinflated. Some 50 million barrels of oil were produced from public lands, offshore only, in December of 2021, throw in onshore and we get close to 80 million total production.

I don't think you read the articles you post. You just hit Google and think you are on to something, anticipating that most people won't bother to investigate the documentation. Take this link,

It is a Congressional Report from 2018. You take the 24% number from here,

The federal share of total U.S. crude oil production fell from its peak at nearly 36% in 2009 to less than 24% in 2017 at the same time overall production increased.

Let's look at something more recent,

Most recent data from the Department of Interior and the Energy Information Administration show crude oil production on the federal offshore to be 15 percent of total U.S. oil production

So the 24% you have thrown around has suddenly shrunk to 15%. And don't even attempt to claim that Biden did all that. In fact, my challenge to you is show how Trump increased that percentage because, from the data, it looks like he didn't.

The rubber hits the road when you go here,

I could break down that spreadsheet, in fact, I am pretty sure I have in the past. Working with total production, both oil and natural gas, Biden has actually increased that number from Trump's highpoint. If we carve out natural gas, there may have been a decrease, but you don't deserve me taking the effort to break it down. The reality is that your claim, that 24% of available areas for oil production has been taken off the table is both false, and overinflated. Some 50 million barrels of oil were produced from public lands, offshore only, in December of 2021, throw in onshore and we get close to 80 million total production.
Right and when you go to Production by Month
and click on the Monthly production, 1/2003 - 12/2021 (xlsx, 55 KB)
This is what you get!
Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 6.47.04 PM.png

Something that never has happened to me with my Safari web browser! I've downloaded from Federal sites, hundreds of xlsx files and never had the above! Fix it !

When you cause the production problems, it is a problem. There should be a criminal investigation.

You can't fix the Wall Street Journal which is a propaganda outlet for Trump.

That's what you're going with? So, if WSJ write it, than it's a lie, but if CNN say the same thing, than is true? Or are they both lying?

Interior Department cancels offshore oil and gas leases in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico - CNN​

Is CBS News Trump's propaganda outlet too?

Biden administration cancels Alaska oil and gas lease sale - CBS​

How about NY Times, the biggest liars of all, they must be Trumpsters, right?

Biden Administration Cancels Drilling Sales in Alaska and Gulf of Mexico - NYT​

Biden reimposed drilling restrictions lifted by trump and cut by off a pipeline supply while promising to stop all fossil fuel production by 2035. These pronouncements impact potential supply which impacts prices immediately.
Add the impact of money printing and you’ve got a self-inflicted economic/energy crisis.
Obama did the same thing when he took office and he screwed our economy for six years as a result.
The dishonest democrat excuse-makers are creepy.

Well it works for me. You apparently are incompetent.
Well I opened the file in Chrome and here is the summation of production on Federal Lands which you referenced
BUT you never( being "apparently incompetent") calculated the increase/decrease by President. I DID!
And Trump's brief tenure negated by COVID, leads the presidents in amount of production. In his 3 short years
increased production an average of plus 5% per year highest of the three presidents.
And this was done in SPITE of Obama's fewer oil/gas leases in the previous years. In case you don't understand
an oil exploration doesn't start the day the lease is approved but takes time for momentum to increase production also!
Because of Trump's easing rules and regulations he had more oil exploration leases as the attached also shows!
And that attribution to Trump is because HE reduced the rules and regulations that strangle businesses.
Case in point!
FACTS folks plain simple facts that Trump is like the little kid said "wait... what is keeping the USA from energy independence"? In part rules and regulations. R&Rs alone are estimated to cost the American economy as much
as $1.9 trillion a year in direct costs, lost productivity, and higher prices.
The costs to smaller businesses with 50 employees or fewer are nearly 20% higher than the average for all firms.
Just a reminder folks all of the above have links to PROVE the statements!
And as the above examples illustrate Trump took the same approach with energy and did something that NO other president in the past 62 years and 11 presidents!
In 2019, when Donald Trump was president, the U.S. did achieve energy independence, something that had not happened since 1957.

OilProd_2003USA.png

Fed_oil_leasesasof2022.png

You have some real reading comprehension issues, I lend it to your incredible partisanship and a hunger for confirmation bias. Let me explain how things have went down. First, yes, in his first week in office the Biden administration announced they would sell no new leases on government land. Several Republican states sued and had the order nullified. The Biden administration continued to sell leases while the matter was litigated and sold them like hotcakes after the ruling. Here is an example from back in November,

And yes, as your link indicated, Biden reinstated the environmental cost factor of the Obama administration. Once again, Republican states sued to stop it. They won with a cock-eyed ruling, and the Biden administration said, fine, we will quit selling new leases. That was back in February of this year. My article clearly came from a few days ago, and the Biden administration is back to selling leases again.

But the really comical claim in your response,

The above were leases filed under Trump and then approved by Biden!

What total ignorance. You can't "apply" for a lease. You buy one, when they are offered at auction. And once you have the lease, you don't need flippin approval. From Biden himself,

“The oil and gas industry has millions of acres leased … they could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year,” Biden said last week. “They are not using them for production now. That’s their decision.”

I mean this continued blaming of Biden for higher gas prices has only one component that is true. Biden has lifted us out of the near recession Trump's inept handling of Covid induced. I mean your gas price comparison, it is comically stupid. Gas is going to be cheap when people are holed up in their houses and afraid to go out. Like Du Huh. We are now getting out again. People are going on vacation, booking flights on airlines, purchasing hotel rooms, actually showing up at work instead of working from home. I mean you focus on the supply side, incorrectly I might add because supply is actually up, and ignore the demand side of the equation. That is what people obsessed with confirmation bias do, and that makes your posts, and your opinions, absolutely worthless.
Yes he sold leases, but they halted the permits. So no drilling.

Forum List

Back