How Philando Castile’s mother helped pioneer Tim Walz’s free school lunch program

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

This is a great initiative and much to the credit of Walz.

It doesnt seem to be having traction in GOP areas. They probably dont see it as important.

Mrs Castile seems like a genuine American hero. I hope she has been honoured in some way. She has done well by her son who also appears to be one of the good guys.

There is a difference between a hand up and a handout. I don't object to some students receiving a free or reduced school lunch for a period of time. I do have a problem with all kids receiving it, not to mention breakfast and, in some cases, even dinner. That's enabling lazy and irresponsible parenting. It's not the school's job to raise your kids. That's your job.

There is a difference between a hand up and a handout. I don't object to some students receiving a free or reduced school lunch for a period of time. I do have a problem with all kids receiving it, not to mention breakfast and, in some cases, even dinner. That's enabling lazy and irresponsible parenting. It's not the school's job to raise your kids. That's your job.
Its an investment in education.

It doesnt seem to be having traction in GOP areas. They probably dont see it as important.

Mrs Castile seems like a genuine American hero. I hope she has been honoured in some way. She has done well by her son who also appears to be one of the good guys.

Nothing wrong with free lunches for low income students, the problem is when it's expanded to everyone and includes breakfast lunch and dinner

Cool. I believe I could vote for Walz. Too bad that wasn't a choice.

Castille's shooting was one of the most egregious of all the cop shooting innocent people stories. Guy had a legal firearm on him, had his hands on the dash, was ordered to provide ID and when he reached for it some panicked kid who should have never even been a cop shoots and kills him.

It's always funny (but sad) when you morons talk about "free" things.

So ignorant.

What a load of shit giving free meals to the children of every one including millionaires and billionaires.

Why can't those parents feed their own offspring? When I was in school, I ate breakfast at home, and brought my own lunch to school and my old man wasn't rich.

Learning how to brown bag one's lunch is a skill that will help the children throughout their entire working lives.

Forum List

Back