How you make a REAL Cheeseburger!

When The Wafflehouse used to have an "all you can eat" menu, I'd get eggs, bacon, and pancakes, followed by a Patty Melt for dessert!
Wafflehouse used to have great cheese burgers... in comparison to the chain fast food burger places like MacDonald's, burger king, etc. Maybe they still do.

Wafflehouse used to have great cheese burgers... in comparison to the chain fast food burger places like MacDonald's, burger king, etc. Maybe they still do.
Hands Down Best burger ever was the Knockout at the Scenic Drive-In in Modesto, CA in the 70's. Burger, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, smashed avocado with diced fresh jalapenos on a six inch bun. Mmmm Mmmm. I still make them today when I can find or grow a decent jalapeno.

Hands Down Best burger ever was the Knockout at the Scenic Drive-In in Modesto, CA in the 70's. Burger, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, smashed avocado with diced fresh jalapenos on a six inch bun. Mmmm Mmmm. I still make them today when I can find or grow a decent jalapeno.
Damn, I missed out on it.

When The Wafflehouse used to have an "all you can eat" menu, I'd get eggs, bacon, and pancakes, followed by a Patty Melt for dessert!

The restaurant Metro Diner (used to be local but is in 12 states now) used to have what was named "The Vortex Burger".

It was a bacon cheeseburger with a single 1/2 lb. beef patty, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese (American, cheddar or Swiss) and ketchup.

Now, while that might sound like a tasty bacon cheeseburger, I assure you, they were not done. The bun was two grilled cheese sandwiches:

metro-diner-vortex-burger*750xx3100-1743-0-11.jpg

I can hear my arteries clogging just looking at that picture...

Forum List

Back