I bought my first PCP air rifle this week

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Wanted to buy a Hatsan Flashpup and that was my intentions. But this one just came out, for 50 dollars less and had a lot more goodies built in it and was more accurate it changed my mind. I just couldn't argue with the facts. If I bought the flashpup I would eventually have to put a regulator in it anyway for another hundred.
So I bought this Venturri Avengers for 300
For an entry level pcp, it's unreal.

Ted Beir is the 2015 bench rest champion and he really likes it.

Last edited:
Wanted to buy a Hatsan Flashpup and that was my intentions. But this one just came out, for 50 dollars less and had a lot more goodies built in it and was more accurate it changed my mind. I just couldn't argue with the facts. If I bought the flashpup I would eventually have to put a regulator in it anyway for another hundred.

What is your air source?

The neatest things about air guns is that firearms laws do not apply to them and they are quiet.
Are they good for home protection and are they accurate? I am thinking about buying something for protection.

What is your air source?

My golfing buddy has some scuba gear and we'll put a yoke on the valve connected to a scuba tank then a high pressure hose that will connect to the rifle called a foster fitting.
Our air pressure source will be the fire station
We;ll probably only put 3k in the scuba tank
but the tank on the rifle is rated at 4k
I'm hoping to get a cast off one from fire station that will hold 4k

The neatest things about air guns is that firearms laws do not apply to them and they are quiet.
Are they good for home protection and are they accurate? I am thinking about buying something for protection.
I guess, sort of
I wouldn't buy one for home protection. I'm afraid they would just piss the invader off. Then you've got a problem

My golfing buddy has some scuba gear and we'll put a yoke on the valve connected to a scuba tank then a high pressure hose that will connect to the rifle called a foster fitting.
Thats the best way

I wish I had a buddy with a scuba tank

until recently I was using an air pump by hand

now I have a tank but one much smaller that a scuba tank

Very cool!
Been thinking about getting one myself.
Air rifles sure have come a long way since the Benjamin and Crosman pump guns you had as a kid.
The only thing that has stopped me at this point is the price. You can buy a semi auto .22 for the same price or less.
But I'm pretty sure the neighbors might get a little pissed if I were to start shooting a .22 in the backyard.

Very cool!
Been thinking about getting one myself.
Air rifles sure have come a long way since the Benjamin and Crosman pump guns you had as a kid.
The only thing that has stopped me at this point is the price. You can buy a semi auto .22 for the same price or less.
But I'm pretty sure the neighbors might get a little pissed if I were to start shooting a .22 in the backyard.
Actually air rifles are a lot older than people think. And I don't mean toys. During the Lewis and Clark expeditions, Meriwether Lewis brought a .46-caliber Girandoni air gun that could kill a bear.

What is your air source?

Tex-Mex the day before.............

Forum List

Back