‘I Cry Every Day’: Olympians Blast Conditions at Beijing’s Quarantine Hotels

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
The IOC sold its soul to the CCP.

Winter Olympic athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 have had enough of Beijing’s quarantine hotels.
“My stomach hurts, I’m very pale, and I have huge black circles around my eyes. I want all this to end. I cry every day. I’m very tired,” Russian biathlon competitor Valeria Vasnetsova said on Instagram from one of the hotels.
A picture she posted on Feb. 3 shows a tray of plain pasta, orange sauce, charred meat on a bone, a few potatoes, and no greens. That had been her “breakfast, lunch, and dinner for five days,” she said.
Vasnetsova said she was starving because it was “impossible” to eat much of the food, and she was surviving on a few bites of pasta.
“Today I ate all the fat they serve instead of meat because I was very hungry,” she said, noting that she was losing so much weight that her “bones are already sticking out.”
Vasnetsova said she believed athletes were getting worse fare than others. She shared a photo of food served to her team doctor living two floors below her who had also tested positive. The meals consisted of fresh fruit, a salad, and prawns with broccoli.
“I honestly don’t understand, why is there this attitude to us, the athletes?!” she said.
Vasnetsova was far from the only one complaining. Unpalatable food or the sheer scarcity of it, along with hygiene and others issues have made Beijing’s Winter Olympic quarantine hotels the target of criticism.
More than 350 Olympic participants have tested positive for COVID-19 upon arriving at China’s capital since Jan. 23. To get out of quarantine, athletes need to be symptom-free and present two negative tests 24 hours apart.
When Eric Frenzel, a Nordic combined skier who has won three Olympic gold medals, headed into an isolation room after testing positive on Feb. 4, his team quickly found the conditions there to be “unacceptable.”
Cleanliness, the quality of food, and WiFi conditions all need immediate improvement, Germany’s team chief Dirk Schimmelpfennig told reporters on the following day. He noted that the team has been in “intensive talks” with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Beijing Winter Olympic organizers.

What a pussy.

I thought Russians were hard?
Before:

61fc62cca1f52047bd4e95bc.jpg

After:

a14b4190-872b-11ec-a420-bb1b59ef7dfa_800_420.jpeg

I really thought Red China would go the extra mile to make a grand impression on the world. I guess I was wrong.

Athlete or not.........why would anyone go there.......

We be better off NUKING WUHAN

Is this the stunt everybody is expecting that will defame China? Or are US athletes going to stage it close to the closing ceremonies.

There's just no way the hate politics are going to be kept out of the games!

Place your bets. I'm going with a US athlete getting injured and it being blamed on China.

edit: Or will the US team go home early on some pretense?

Before:

After:

Notice how no americans are complaining. That's because we'd been subjected to that slop as children into our teens and just figured it's normal cafeteria food lol. But seriously though, how are you even allowed to board a plan if you test positive? That doesn't make sense to me.

The IOC sold its soul to the CCP.

Winter Olympic athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 have had enough of Beijing’s quarantine hotels.
“My stomach hurts, I’m very pale, and I have huge black circles around my eyes. I want all this to end. I cry every day. I’m very tired,” Russian biathlon competitor Valeria Vasnetsova said on Instagram from one of the hotels.
A picture she posted on Feb. 3 shows a tray of plain pasta, orange sauce, charred meat on a bone, a few potatoes, and no greens. That had been her “breakfast, lunch, and dinner for five days,” she said.
Vasnetsova said she was starving because it was “impossible” to eat much of the food, and she was surviving on a few bites of pasta.
“Today I ate all the fat they serve instead of meat because I was very hungry,” she said, noting that she was losing so much weight that her “bones are already sticking out.”
Vasnetsova said she believed athletes were getting worse fare than others. She shared a photo of food served to her team doctor living two floors below her who had also tested positive. The meals consisted of fresh fruit, a salad, and prawns with broccoli.
“I honestly don’t understand, why is there this attitude to us, the athletes?!” she said.
Vasnetsova was far from the only one complaining. Unpalatable food or the sheer scarcity of it, along with hygiene and others issues have made Beijing’s Winter Olympic quarantine hotels the target of criticism.
More than 350 Olympic participants have tested positive for COVID-19 upon arriving at China’s capital since Jan. 23. To get out of quarantine, athletes need to be symptom-free and present two negative tests 24 hours apart.
When Eric Frenzel, a Nordic combined skier who has won three Olympic gold medals, headed into an isolation room after testing positive on Feb. 4, his team quickly found the conditions there to be “unacceptable.”
Cleanliness, the quality of food, and WiFi conditions all need immediate improvement, Germany’s team chief Dirk Schimmelpfennig told reporters on the following day. He noted that the team has been in “intensive talks” with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Beijing Winter Olympic organizers.
I remember 2 college girls so home sick after a month it was kind of sad. Sounds like them

I did offer to fock them, but it wasn't enough................................j/k

Is this the stunt everybody is expecting that will defame China? Or are US athletes going to stage it close to the closing ceremonies.

There's just no way the hate politics are going to be kept out of the games!

Place your bets. I'm going with a US athlete getting injured and it being blamed on China.

edit: Or will the US team go home early on some pretense?
aww scared someone is going to attack your CCP masters?

Knowing the unreliability of the tests wonder if some cheatin is going on......how many sidelined were medal contenders?

Nanzi says "man up goddamit!!". There will be no negative discussions of CCP accommodations. Kiss the pic of Dear Xi hanging on your dorm wall and eat the rats and roaches - you will not be charged extra. Make Nanzi proud.... make her insider trading productive and rewarding.

China letting the rest of the people of the world that they consider them as valuable as they do the Uyghurs. Or possibly even less than that.

Disgusting and vile way to treat guest. I would think most decent people would feel like these athletes should be treated decent no matter which country they are from.

Before:

After:

I wonder if they are poisoning them or giving them rotten food?

Perspective countries that have athletes in this situation need to just get them flown out of there.

Her video.

aww scared someone is going to attack your CCP masters?
Afraid that America is starting another Cold War, but this time in a frantic attempt to maintain it's world power.
I'm fine with that as long as the US doesn't start a WW3, in which case we all lose. Not just by CCP masters.

Forum List

Back