Is it ok not to vote...

Get out the vote, rock the vote, vote vote vote. But, if you don't vote, it changes absolutely nothing.
If you vote for a bad candidate, and they win - you're making things worse. I guess that's changing something. Way to go!

the so-called "culture war" is EXACTLY what must be won first! Everything else falls into place when we restore America's moral foundation.
No, it won't 'fall into place'. The bible beaters have said this my entire life. That's never been true. :rolleyes: Hopeless.

Without restoring the morality that's necessary, the corruption and economic malaise will continue.
Without defining exactly what 'restoring morality' looks like, that's a completely meaningless statement. Just like MAGA. Magaturds just say shit like this and that is the entirety of their efforts. :rolleyes: It's populism and it's completely useless rhetoric.

We have to get over the false idea that voting for one candidate is voting against another. We literally can't do that in our system. All we can do is vote for one candidate. With Ranked Choice Voting or Approval Voting you can do that, you can rank a candidate last, or give them a thumbs down, but not with our current system. If you vote for Biden, or Trump, you're affirming that you think they are good candidates. If that's not true, you're lying. To yourself, and your country.

We have to get over the false idea that voting for one candidate is voting against another. We literally can't do that in our system. All we can do is vote for one candidate. With Ranked Choice Voting or Approval Voting you can do that, you can rank a candidate last, or give them a thumbs down, but not with our current system. If you vote for Biden, or Trump, you're affirming that you think they are good candidates. If that's not true, you're lying. To yourself, and your country.
People lie to themselves every election.

Would you rather live in a country where you have no right to vote?
Rather? I couldn’t say, I suppose it would depend on the other details. I don’t think that’s really a relevant question though as voting in and of itself is meaningless. It’s what you get to vote for, and in the United States you have two options for more debt, more inflation, and more war. Flip a coin if you like.

Rather? I couldn’t say, I suppose it would depend on the other details. I don’t think that’s really a relevant question though as voting in and of itself is meaningless. It’s what you get to vote for, and in the United States you have two options for more debt, more inflation, and more war. Flip a coin if you like.
People lie to themselves every election.

"The lesser of two weevils. In case of Snoeleone, a weasle
Looks like the choice, this season. Nothing to do but go with it.

...if no candidate represents your point of view on most of the important issues?

It is said that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. I think not voting is your complaint.

We vote for a team.

Don't vote if you don't want to, but understand the system.

That's the spirit. Just lay down and accept it.
I hear ya. I will definitely vote, and pick the lessor of two weevils, taking the long view, as there is nothing I want from either one, except to see the country continue under our constitution, laws, and system of justice. Some, do not seem to want that.

Forum List

Back