I feel we should have manhatten like projects for science

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
I feel that we must have manhatten like projects for science/tech...This means we could focus on 3-4 different science and technology advancement with as much as money as needed to make them a reality. Big ticket advancements that would make America stand out.

We could have
Health-Cure CANCER...This is one of the biggest killers remaining. Why the fuck not?

energy tech-Lithium air batteries...Let's fund it! You say 10 times the density??? Wow.:eek:

science tech-Cheap surface to orbit, single stage space ships. AKA grasshopper from space-x, dragon...Obama is already doing good here. ;)

I feel that we must have manhatten like projects for science/tech...This means we could focus on 3-4 different science and technology advancement with as much as money as needed to make them a reality. Big ticket advancements that would make America stand out.

We could have
Health-Cure CANCER...This is one of the biggest killers remaining. Why the fuck not?

energy tech-Lithium air batteries...Let's fund it! You say 10 times the density??? Wow.:eek:

science tech-Cheap surface to orbit, single stage space ships. AKA grasshopper from space-x, dragon...Obama is already doing good here. ;)

You DO realize the Manhattan Project was for the development of the A-bomb, right? While the Manhattan Project has ended, research and development of all kinds of energy, nuclear, environmental, etc. projects continue. At least Oak Ridge facilities are still up and running.

There are numerous hospitals, colleges, laboratories, etc. doing research for decades on health issues such as multiple cancers, heart issues, MS, and many other health related problems.

Don't know about batteries but we seem to continue having newer, more powerful, more safe batteries come on the market.

Obama hasn't done jackshit for space programs, etc.

All of the projects are funded by combinations of federal money, private donations, foundations and other means. Well, maybe not grasshopper, space-x, and dragon stuff ... whatever they are.

Last edited:

We could have

Does the Economic Stimulus fit in that category?

Space-X is Privately Funded by the way.

Gimme a Beef Manhattan anyday...

Attachments

• $beef.jpg
    $beef.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 74

We could have

I'll tell you why not...

Because once the goal is reached, interest in the project, subsequently the funding, dries up...See: Project Apollo.

And if it's one thing that people feeding at the gubmint trough cannot abide, it's solving problems that would make their job go away.

Forum List

Back