🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I found a mouse in the house.

I keep a baited trap year around. I know when a mouse gets in when I find it in the trap.

I glue the trap to a sheet of paper so the mouse can't drag it under the stove or frig (they'll do that sometimes). Works great.
Mouse trap hack.JPG

I dunno. But I do suspect that it was trying to groom my neighbor's ferret. I don't have any proof of that. Just a sneaking suspicion based on it's beady little eyes.

It just seems like the type that would rape a ferret (or a lizard).
Rats do that also, Ricky the rat is doing time for tax evasion.

I don't want to kill the poor little guy, after all, it's springtime and he will probably be able to survive outside on his own, pretty soon.

Should I shoot the little bastard or let him go?

The fate of that cute little mouse is going to be decided by your vote.
Mice carry hantavirus...kill it, wash your bedding.

I keep a baited trap year around. I know when a mouse gets in when I find it in the trap.

I glue the trap to a sheet of paper so the mouse can't drag it under the stove or frig (they'll do that sometimes). Works great.View attachment 631979
I put spring and bar traps like that in a Walmart plastic. Trap snaps.. Grab the bag handles, tie it up, throw it away.

I don't want to kill the poor little guy, after all, it's springtime and he will probably be able to survive outside on his own, pretty soon.

Should I shoot the little bastard or let him go?

The fate of that cute little mouse is going to be decided by your vote.
you are going to shoot a gun in your own house?

Get a big glass jar or big vase. BIG being the key word here. Put a top with a small mouse size hole in it. Place crackers, nuts, cheese--mice snacks in the jar. Some really love chocolate. Put a board from the floor to the top of the jar lid. Take the mouse outside and let it loose FAR FAR from your house. A nice car ride to the country-----drop off at your local democrat headquarters whatever.

Or you can try sticky strips-----once the mouse gets stuck take outside and apply a large amount of vegeable oil. Some mice are easy to catch--hell you can often just shoo them out the door. Some aren't.

My cat used to bring them in alive all the time just so he could sit back and watch as I chased them around the house to get them out.

Sea Salt.
I got hit by that once when I was a little kid. Right in the back of the leg. Rock salt stings like hell when it breaks the skin.

My brothers and I would hang out by the train tracks about a block away from our home when we were kids and throw rocks at the brand new cars on the train. And there was some guy with a shotgun loaded with rock salt in the caboose. He would just start firing at us.

I got hit once.

Last edited:
They carry fleas. Burn the house down to get rid of all of them.
Warning: The parents are smart. They'll move next door, to Ahkmeds place, and return when you rebuild
I don't want to burn down the house over one little mouse.

Forum List

Back