I get my first mammogram today.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but because breast cancer can happen to a guy as well, what is done for them, if anything can be, should a mammogram not be possible for them due to the fact that they don't grow up top as much as we females do?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Does anyone here have any good stories/experiences concerning this matter? If so, don't hesitate to share. After all this is breast cancer awareness month. Celebrate the victories and of course remember those who gave it all that they had.....(bowing my head)

MrG had to have one. They manage to pull enough to smash. I will never have another mamm. I think it does more damage to healthy breasts. No part of squishing a boob is worth the chance of squishing something that should not be squished and winds up becoming cancerous due to that squishing.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but because breast cancer can happen to a guy as well, what is done for them, if anything can be, should a mammogram not be possible for them due to the fact that they don't grow up top as much as we females do?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Does anyone here have any good stories/experiences concerning this matter? If so, don't hesitate to share. After all this is breast cancer awareness month. Celebrate the victories and of course remember those who gave it all that they had.....(bowing my head)
Here is lite reading for you?
You must be having some of these symptoms.
The most common symptoms of breast cancer in men are—

• A lump or swelling in the breast.
  • Redness or flaky skin in the breast.
  • Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
  • Nipple discharge.
  • Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.

MrG had a lump in his. He does NOT have manboobs, either. He was very nervous and I was scratching my head myself when they wanted a mamm done on him. He said it did not hurt much...probably due to so little being able to be squished. Turned out to be a fatty lump only.

There is no BC in my family. NONE. Yet....I had it. And I think I got it when my brother in law, after a stroke he had, got angry with me over some weird reason and grabbed my left breast, squeezed, yanked and twisted it so my whole breast was purple. THAT HURT. He let go when he shoved me against the fence gate and I fell. Few years later...lump. Lump was cancer. So...to MY thinking, damage to a breast from whatever cause actually caused a cancer to form.

So....logically thinking....squishing the remaining one is a BAD IDEA. Especially if you do not have BC in your family history. Just because its BC Awareness Month does not mean all women should let their boobs be smashed.

Instead, do self exams. Lay flat. Raise one arm at a time and explore with your other hand. Including the nipple area. Nipples are not exempt from something hiding beneath them. Small strokes. You will feel some lumpy masses but its muscle, fatty tissue, etc. You WILL know when it is "not feeling quite right" when its a hard mass anywhere from the size of a pea ro larger. HARD. Like a marble under there. THEN go get smashed after having your doctor cop a feel as well. Get a second opinion. Mamms should be ONLY when that "not quite right" feels marblish hard.

Just my opinion.

Here is lite reading for you?
You must be having some of these symptoms.
The most common symptoms of breast cancer in men are—

• A lump or swelling in the breast.
  • Redness or flaky skin in the breast.
  • Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
  • Nipple discharge.
  • Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
Thank you. All went well for me in case anyone is curious. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It can happen to men but it's usually the hormones that make women more prone to the disease. Removal of the breast would not have as big an impact on a man as it is for a woman so a mastectomy would be a quick choice for a man

He does NOT have manboobs, either
I was going to ask.

A year ago this month I had a large tumor removed from my pancreas. They told me the chances of it coming back were about 20%.

Went in for an MRI a week ago. The doctor told me yesterday NO SIGN of it. I'm suddenly feeling a whole lot better

Few years later...lump. Lump was cancer. So...to MY thinking, damage to a breast from whatever cause actually caused a cancer to form
Did the doctor say there's any connection? I've never heard of that before.

Did you press charges?

Did the doctor say there's any connection? I've never heard of that before.

Did you press charges?
That particular doctor said there was no connection. My female doctor years later said yes...damage to a breast CAN cause harm to muscle, flesh, ducts, etc which in turn CAN lead to cancerous cells forming...but most of the medical "professionals" disagree with her. I said I don't disagree with her at all. Some "doctors" don't know everything and some just go with the flow with no mind of their own and do as they are told. Look at Fauci.

No. I didn't press charges. He had a stroke. His brain was still rattled. Instead, I told them to move out of my home, which they did.

That particular doctor said there was no connection. My female doctor years later said yes...damage to a breast CAN cause harm to muscle, flesh, ducts, etc which in turn CAN lead to cancerous cells forming...but most of the medical "professionals" disagree with her. I said I don't disagree with her at all. Some "doctors" don't know everything and some just go with the flow with no mind of their own and do as they are told. Look at Fauci.

No. I didn't press charges. He had a stroke. His brain was still rattled. Instead, I told them to move out of my home, which they did.
At first I disagreed, but now that I think about it, I was always told picking at scabs, or continually injuring a part of your body can cause cancer. Continually irritating your lungs with smoke for example. I just don't know.

Forum List

Back