I got a snake sitting under my desk

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
The right wing war on women raises its ugly head.

Connecticut state Rep. Ernest Hewett (D-New London) has been stripped of his position as deputy speaker of the Connecticut House of Representatives after audio surfaced of him apparently making a suggestive remark to a young woman during a committee hearing.

In an appropriations committee hearing on the Connecticut Science Center on Feb. 20, a 17-year-old high school senior spoke about how the center helped her overcome her fear of snakes.

"I was able to teach those children about certain things, like the snakes that we have and the turtles that we have. ... I want to do something toward that, working with children when I get older," she said, according to the New London Day.

"I never liked snakes, but I started loving them, they're my best friends," she added, referring to how she likes to see other people also overcome their fear of snakes.

"If you're bashful, I got a snake sitting under my desk here," said Hewett, and the committee laughed.

I wonder why Luddly and/Fuaxcohta are not trumpeting this, could it be because this guy is a Democrat?

Connecticut state Rep. Ernest Hewett (D-New London) has been stripped of his position as deputy speaker of the Connecticut House of Representatives after audio surfaced of him apparently making a suggestive remark to a young woman during a committee hearing.

In an appropriations committee hearing on the Connecticut Science Center on Feb. 20, a 17-year-old high school senior spoke about how the center helped her overcome her fear of snakes.

"I was able to teach those children about certain things, like the snakes that we have and the turtles that we have. ... I want to do something toward that, working with children when I get older," she said, according to the New London Day.

"I never liked snakes, but I started loving them, they're my best friends," she added, referring to how she likes to see other people also overcome their fear of snakes.

"If you're bashful, I got a snake sitting under my desk here," said Hewett, and the committee laughed.

I wonder why Luddly and/Fuaxcohta are not trumpeting this, could it be because this guy is a Democrat?

you'll not see much of a response except blame fox bush or give some kind of bullshit excuse.

17 y/o girl... wow!

I'd be kicking that dudes ass if he talked to my daughter that way!

It was an idiotic, gross thing to say.

Why does it need a thread?

OH RIGHT! BECAUSE OF THE DRAMA!

Drama O's. Don't start your day without 'em.

Last edited:
Does he still have his "snake" or has it been "rooted" out by the father of the young lady?

I hope he has State Police protection. He may need it.

Why do many threads started about Republicans need a thread?
I don't see you complaining about them, as a matter of fact haven't you started threads like that?

Why did we need so many Herman Cain threads when the allegations about him came out? Allegations I might add that were never proven and went away very quickly after he dropped out of the Republican primary.

Aren't Drama O's - threats to destroy the economy by poor implementation of the sequester?

Why do many threads started about Republicans need a thread?
I don't see you complaining about them, as a matter of fact haven't you started threads like that?

Have I started threads like that? Absolutely not.

Besides, most of the threads like this, the stuff that doesn't really deserve a whole lengthy discussion, is started by people like yourself. Most of the petty bitching threads on this forum are started by conservatives.

I mean, your Michelle Obama threads are a whole category of their own. What with her expression threads, and little comment threads and her weight threads, etc.

Why did we need so many Herman Cain threads when the allegations about him came out? Allegations I might add that were never proven and went away very quickly after he dropped out of the Republican primary.

Well, for one, the dude was running for President.

Besides, it was the other republican candidates who were more dead set than anybody to take Herman Cain down. You cannot deny that.

Hey, you can leave women to die in drunk driving accidents or use women as a humidor if you are a democrat.

Well, for one, the dude was running for President.

Besides, it was the other republican candidates who were more dead set than anybody to take Herman Cain down. You cannot deny that.
So Bill Clinton's sexual escapades were out there not only when he was running for President but also for reelection. Just admit the truth it only matters when it's someone on the other side getting caught.

I got a snake sitting under my desk

If it's one o' them, there talkin' one....ya'll better CATCH IT!!!!

Pat Robertson would pay BIG money, for one!!

pat_robertson_satan.jpg

He's a democrat and he's black.

Forum List

Back