"I hate White People"

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
National Media Completely Ignore NY Man Left Brain Dead By Attacker Shouting 'I Hate White People'

NewsBusters asked Saturday if the media will report a New York man becoming brain dead as a result of an unprovoked attack by a man saying "I hate white people."

So far with the exception of local New York coverage, the answer is a resounding "No."

Analyses of Google News, LexisNexis, and closed-caption transcripts found absolutely no national reporting of Jeffrey Babbitt, the 62-year-old retired train conductor now in a coma at Bellevue Hospital.

Not one word on ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, or NBC.

Potentially even more curious, the largest newspaper in New York, the New York Times, appears to have not reported this attack despite it occurring in its own backyard.

If Babbitt were black, and his assailant shouted "I hate black people" before inflicting what appears will be a death blow, would America's media be so disinterested?

Or would this be headline news much like what we saw with Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman?

Sadly, we all know the answer as our media have once again shown that they are only interested in white on black hate crimes.

The other variety just don't fit the agenda.

*****Update: It turns out the New York Times did report this matter at its website Friday and in print Saturday. Unfortunately, the name of the assailant was wrong and the article didn't include Babbitt's. That's why it appeared this event had gone unreported.

National Media Completely Ignore NY Man Left Brain Dead By Attacker Shouting 'I Hate White People' | NewsBusters

Last edited:
Not surprised,whites don't count. Nobody wants to play the race card on a white victim that wouldn't be PC.
Oh, I don't know about that. What grabs the media and keeps something in the spotlight is anyone's guess. One could easily ask why it is that a young white teenager missing in Aruba gains intense and enduring media attention while hundreds of young black girls go missing every year with scarcely a mention. :dunno:

Not surprised,whites don't count. Nobody wants to play the race card on a white victim that wouldn't be PC.
Oh, I don't know about that. What grabs the media and keeps something in the spotlight is anyone's guess. One could easily ask why it is that a young white teenager missing in Aruba gains intense and enduring media attention while hundreds of young black girls go missing every year with scarcely a mention. :dunno:

1. White on black crime is always spot lighted. Fact.
2. Maybe they're murdered and raped by black males. The stats from the fbi would give support to that.

1. White on black crime is always spot lighted. Fact.
2. Maybe they're murdered and raped by black males. The stats from the fbi would give support to that.

Or, maybe they just aren't cute blond teens.

Thousands of white women go missing every year and they aren't reported either, which is why you had to refer to a case that happened in Aruba YEARS ago. Don't act like black women are ignored, while white women get wall to wall coverage. Its not true.

Thousands of white women go missing every year and they aren't reported either, which is why you had to refer to a case that happened in Aruba YEARS ago. Don't act like black women are ignored, while white women get wall to wall coverage. Its not true.

No, it's not true and you perfectly made my point. Thousands of people get assaulted. Many people are the victims of hate crimes. Many don't make it to the national news - black or white.

However, it's also true that missing white children are far more likely to make it on the national news then missing black children and white on black crimes are also far more likely to make it on the news.

Just the way it is.

What "grabs" the media is what grabs their sponsors, supports their agendas etc. In fact the media is not required to tell the truth according to a Florida Appeals court. (see New World Communs. of Tampa, Inc. v. Akre, 866 So. 2d 1231(2003)) http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

What "grabs" the media is what grabs their sponsors, supports their agendas etc. In fact the media is not required to tell the truth according to a Florida Appeals court. (see New World Communs. of Tampa, Inc. v. Akre, 866 So. 2d 1231(2003)) http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

I think that it's also effected by the ability of family members or communities to keep it in the news.

When a situation like Trayvon happens blacks band together and protest in the streets, whites need to do the same.

When a situation like Trayvon happens blacks band together and protest in the streets, whites need to do the same.

The media would call it a kkk rally and demand the arrests of everyone there.

If lying to the court constitutes perjury, what happens when you willfully mislead the people?

Normally, perpetrating a hoax is a crime, but not according to Florida precedent.

Forum List

Back