I have maybe 25 years left to live

Now , we've all had a bit to drink, but this is hardly the end of the world.

It's just the end of Blackrook's world.

I am not in a state of friendship with God. I know it, he knows it, and if I die tonight, my decision to reject his friendship will become permanent.

as you well know, your petty disbelief would not exclude you from the Everlasting, the thought though there could not be a transition afterwards does seem to make you a less desirable candidate.

good luck.

why give him false hope? [I didn't] Compassion is what he needs right now. [and that what you're here for?] The man has made peace with his inevitable oblivion and you stir him up? [not stirring anything]

The fact is, sayings like, "It's never too late" are a lie. [says who?] No amount of confession or mass attendance can save this benighted soul. [again, who the fuck are you, St. Peter?] What's done is done and now all he needs is the courage to face his destiny, maybe even sin more so, just to enjoy what little time he has left. [maybe you're Satan?]

Blackrock, don't pay any attention to these morons. They are all conditioned to mock and ridicule all things spiritual. In fact, most of them spend the bulk of their miserable days here, doing just that. It's really kind of sick and perverse, they way they flock like buzzards to a thread like this, not to offer encouragement or help, but to push you over the edge.

Do what your spiritual guidance leads you to do and you can't go wrong. You're not out of time, it's never too late. You don't know when your final day is, so start living your life as you know you're supposed to, today. Let the rest of it go, turn it over to God.

I'm not a religious person, I am a spiritualist. But I believe every person has some way of connecting spiritually and maybe those ways are different for a reason? I'm not a Christian or Catholic, but from what I've read and understand of the Bible, NONE of us are worthy of heaven. We're all flawed and inferior, just by being human. The best we can do is follow our spiritual guidance and be the best we can be in the time we have left.

And just so you know what kind of Catholic I am, my wife and I haven't used birth control since 1994, except once, and I felt bad about it and went to confession.

And we don't eat fish on Friday during Lent. And we fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

But then we blow it and don't go to Mass on Sunday.

It doesn't make any sense, but I have to attribute it mostly to laziness.
Don't need to go to Mass to be a good Christian. If you think going to Mass will benefit you, go then.

Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. That is all you need to know.
Apparently, Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that debt is already paid.

that is only for Protestants, RC's do not believe in penal substitution.
If it says so in the bible, they believe it.

who Paul?? Abraham was justified by his righteousness. James the Just and Jesus both agree, we are justified by righteousness. Paul was wrong and the RCC is right on this.

Forum List

Back