I implore everyone over 60 to do all you can to improve your strengh and balance.

Helping an elderly neighbor living alone has been a sobering experience. To see someone lying face down on her garage floor unable to move is awful to see. So unless you want to be that person I implore you to begin strength and balance exercises. They are simple to do and you start easy as can be but if you are in your 60s or older you must do this for your own sake. Once you lose your strength and balance, the clock starts counting down to your date with a garage floor.
You don't understand what deteriorating facilities means.

1717454697988.png

~S~

:auiqs.jpg:

Conservative John Silber

Dr. Silber added: ''I want to remind the voters of Massachusetts that Shakespeare was right when he said 'Ripeness is all.' When you've had a long life and you're ripe, then it's time to go.'' The citation was from ''King Lear.''
Silber was a brilliant man, but a crotchety old dude. AND, he would have had a hard time getting himself up from a fall.

Helping an elderly neighbor living alone has been a sobering experience. To see someone lying face down on her garage floor unable to move is awful to see. So unless you want to be that person I implore you to begin strength and balance exercises. They are simple to do and you start easy as can be but if you are in your 60s or older you must do this for your own sake. Once you lose your strength and balance, the clock starts counting down to your date with a garage floor.
Absolutely!

Dumbbells cost about a dollar a pound, I have a 25 lb set and a 35 lb set, and I bought an adjustable bench for $70 on eBay, that’s all you need! Don’t let your muscles waste away, you’ll fall apart if you do.

I have worked out vigorously 3-5 times per week for my entire adult life (I'm 74).

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Tai Chi in this thread. The essence of Tai Chi is balance. It is low stress, moderate effort, and doesn't take long to do. It is the OPPOSITE of exercise; rather than feeling weary after Tai Chi, you feel invigorated. Hundreds of millions of Chinese know the benefits and practice it.

Absolutely!

Dumbbells cost about a dollar a pound, I have a 25 lb set and a 35 lb set, and I bought an adjustable bench for $70 on eBay, that’s all you need! Don’t let your muscles waste away, you’ll fall apart if you do.

I have to admit I struggle with the whole "home gym" thing, i never end up using what I buy for the house. We have a Planet Fitness membership and I try to go to it at least 2 to 3 times a week for weight machines and then do cardio on my own the other days.

I have worked out vigorously 3-5 times per week for my entire adult life (I'm 74).

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Tai Chi in this thread. The essence of Tai Chi is balance. It is low stress, moderate effort, and doesn't take long to do. It is the OPPOSITE of exercise; rather than feeling weary after Tai Chi, you feel invigorated. ....
That's how you feel after other exercise as well.

Forum List

Back