I might as well have not voted’: Details of GOP health plan leave Trump voter appalled

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
President Donald Trump this week signaled his support for the House Republicans’ new health care bill — but it looks like that legislation is going over like a lead balloon with his base.

Not only are the Trump diehards at Breitbart News bashing the plan as “Obamacare 2.0,” but even some casual voters are worried about the president’s plan.

ABC News this week talked with North Carolina resident Martha Brawley, a 55-year-old woman who cast a ballot for the first time in her life for Donald Trump. Brawley says that she voted for the president on the hopes that he could bring down the cost of health care — but she’s been appalled so far by what she’s seen from the Republican Congress.

“I voted for Trump hoping that he would change the insurance so I could get good health care,” she told ABC News. “I might as well have not voted

President Donald Trump this week signaled his support for the House Republicans’ new health care bill — but it looks like that legislation is going over like a lead balloon with his base.

Not only are the Trump diehards at Breitbart News bashing the plan as “Obamacare 2.0,” but even some casual voters are worried about the president’s plan.

ABC News this week talked with North Carolina resident Martha Brawley, a 55-year-old woman who cast a ballot for the first time in her life for Donald Trump. Brawley says that she voted for the president on the hopes that he could bring down the cost of health care — but she’s been appalled so far by what she’s seen from the Republican Congress.

“I voted for Trump hoping that he would change the insurance so I could get good health care,” she told ABC News. “I might as well have not voted
Driving home yesterday, listening to the 2-6 RW talk show, Brett Winterble was almost foaming at the mouth over how bad this plan was. Ranting about our local Congressmen Darryl Issa and Duncan Hunter are going down in 2018 if they vote for this thing.

• Banned

Driving home yesterday, listening to the 2-6 RW talk show, Brett Winterble was almost foaming at the mouth over how bad this plan was. Ranting about our local Congressmen Darryl Issa and Duncan Hunter are going down in 2018 if they vote for this thing.
Didn't Rump tell us how great it was?

Not surprising. All of these fools were duped.

But that's what happens when people who have shitty lives and low education are convinced by a con-man billionaire that he's a "man of the people" while he appoints CEO's of major companies to run the government and cuts taxes for the rich.

The sad part is they're too dumb to realize they've been had.

They'll start showing up in this thread any minute now...

So you were actually allowed to look at it before anyone is allowed to vote on it?

You mean the GOP is being transparent with this bill?

You mean the GOP is actually going to allow people to amend it?

You mean this is only a rough draft and we get to change it?

That's a huge improvement over The Marxist Mandate!

Personally, I hope they blow off the outrage and pass it. Won't affect me in any way......let all those who voted for Trump enjoy their new health plan.

• Banned
Not surprising. All of these fools were duped.

But that's what happens when people who have shitty lives and low education are convinced by a con-man billionaire that he's a "man of the people" while he appoints CEO's of major companies to run the government and cuts taxes for the rich.

The sad part is they're too dumb to realize they've been had.

They'll start showing up in this thread any minute now...
In fact in this health care plan, millions of dollars of taxes will be eliminate, which will only benefit the rich

• Banned
So you were actually allowed to look at it before anyone is allowed to vote on it?

Why wouldld you change it, Trump has already told us just how good it is.

Personally, I hope they blow off the outrage and pass it. Won't affect me in any way......let all those who voted for Trump enjoy their new health plan.

#LetemDie

Dear brummelben
I've heard more people on the left opposing this,
and more on the right relieved it stopped the mandated penalties as the first step
with confidence the rest can be changed after that.

The push is to get something passed quickly while the right have the numbers in Congress.
Now, unlike when the ACA was rushed the first time "to get something done" THAT ACTUALLY
created a mess that was hard to change afterwards.

Here, whatever isn't fixed completely can still be fixed later, it's not causing irreparable harm to rush it
and bump some of the issues for later. The main thing is to push something quickly to get rid of the
MOST HARMFUL elements which was the mandate imposing penalties on citizens immediately.

PS what I suggest so that both parties are responsible for their own actions and measures,
is allow two tracks for taxpayers to choose from. Then the supporters of the two tracks
are solely responsible for getting that version funded and managed. They don't have to agree on plans,
just have to represent the constituents that choose to participate and develop that approach.

This would preserve taxpayers' choice of which terms to fund and be under.

Supporters of a singlepayer plan through govt could develop that independently
and take charge and responsibility for it, and supporters of a free market approach can
be under that plan and take responsibility for costs of health care that way.

This would work with the proposal to push it to the States to decide.
If the States are divided into two different approaches, let the public choose.

Dear brummelben
I've heard more people on the left opposing this,
and more on the right relieved it stopped the mandated penalties as the first step
with confidence the rest can be changed after that.

The push is to get something passed quickly while the right have the numbers in Congress.
Now, unlike when the ACA was rushed the first time "to get something done" THAT ACTUALLY
created a mess that was hard to change afterwards.

Here, whatever isn't fixed completely can still be fixed later, it's not causing irreparable harm to rush it
and bump some of the issues for later. The main thing is to push something quickly to get rid of the
MOST HARMFUL elements which was the mandate imposing penalties on citizens immediately.

PS what I suggest so that both parties are responsible for their own actions and measures,
is allow two tracks for taxpayers to choose from. Then the supporters of the two tracks
are solely responsible for getting that version funded and managed. They don't have to agree on plans,
just have to represent the constituents that choose to participate and develop that approach.

This would preserve taxpayers' choice of which terms to fund and be under.

Supporters of a singlepayer plan through govt could develop that independently
and take charge and responsibility for it, and supporters of a free market approach can
be under that plan and take responsibility for costs of health care that way.

This would work with the proposal to push it to the States to decide.
If the States are divided into two different approaches, let the public choose.
why rush, republicans have control of conger for months to come. As it is, no one knows how much this will cost and how many people will lose coverage

#LetemDie
more like
#Letemgetwhattheyvotedfor

It means, tree, you were chopped down in your unwitting trust of Trump and the GOP.

Dumbasses ...

Let me rephrase your question.

Why would the GOP allow BiPartisan Participation in the creation of this law and it's evolution?

Because we care about our Citizens, and our form of Government.

Either you are part of the solution or part of the problem.

Lead, follow or get the phuck out of the way.

Most of this stuff comes from the political left. What the hell do they want? First they couldn't wait for a new health care bill and now they say it's too fast. Why don't democrats get on board and try to craft a reasonable bill instead of looking like a bunch of whiny bystanders?

Let me rephrase your question.

Why would the GOP allow BiPartisan Participation in the creation of this law and it's evolution?

Because we care about our Citizens, and our form of Government.

Either you are part of the solution or part of the problem.

Lead, follow or get the phuck out of the way.
Trump has told us just how good it is, why then does it need to be changed

Most of this stuff comes from the political left. What the hell do they want? First they couldn't wait for a new health care bill and now they say it's too fast. Why don't democrats get on board and try to craft a reasonable bill instead of looking like a bunch of whiny bystanders?
Why would Democrats want a new health care bill? The one we have is good, but does need a few changes

The operative term is "voter" (rather than "voters"). The large majority of Trump voters approve of replacing Obamacare. Anyone who quotes the MSM as a legitimate news source is naive.

Forum List

Back