I might vote for Trump in November, because I'm a Keynesian, big government liberal

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Keynes advocated for increased government expenditures and lower taxes to stimulate demand and pull the global economy out of the depression.
Trump seems to understand that the government has to spend a lot of money, including giving people free money, when things are tough.
Trump dislikes the same ideology that I dislike: The austerity-loving, small-government types.

I might vote for Trump in November, because I'm a Keynesian, big government liberal

or you are just a troll....

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The economy is grinding to a halt. The private sector has been shut down. These stimulus bills will buy us time, but I’m not sure how much time. It’s not a good situation. But as I’ve said in numerous threads this is first and foremost a humanitarian crisis to turn tragedy.

Keynes advocated for increased government expenditures and lower taxes to stimulate demand and pull the global economy out of the depression.
Trump seems to understand that the government has to spend a lot of money, including giving people free money, when things are tough.
Trump dislikes the same ideology that I dislike: The austerity-loving, small-government types.
Well, Keynes also said during boom times that the government should save money, not create trillion dollar deficits.

For reasons that are all too obvious now.

Aren't they all...

us-government-size-spending-by-president.jpg

Leftists will spin anything to justify their failed ideology. The desperation is amusing.

Well, Keynes also said during boom times that the government should save money, not create trillion dollar deficits.

This alone exemplifies the fantasy world Keynes and his believers live in.

It is better than deflationary depression, but soon we are headed to government debt crisis or a period of very high inflation.

Sounds like the OP is upset because Trump is handling the crisis well. I see a Trump landslide in November. LMAO

Just as obvious for decades. And the Clinton/Republican revolution balanced the budget with smoke and mirrors.

Just as obvious for decades. And the Clinton/Republican revolution balanced the budget with smoke and mirrors.
That must be why I have more posts on this forum about the debt than probably all my other posts combined.

Trump's 2021 fiscal budget alone is 4.8 trillion. The largest fiscal budget in American history. And thta was released befor all of this corona hype came along.

There was not a peep about that fiscal budget from anyone around here on either side of the party of one last I checked.

Last edited:

Thanks for clarifying. I have changed my mind. Trump is not a Keynesian. He's just an idiot

Forum List

Back