🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I really pissed a cop off this morning

never talk to a cop...when he ask what you thought.....say nothing....tell him he pulled you and you are waiting for the reason.....never volunteer anything...
My response is 99.99% of the time "No, Officer. Why did you pull me over?" But I'm always polite, courteous and thank them for doing their job.
You might be pleased to know you fit with a precise click into the Authoritarian/Submissive personality category.

Congratulations.

Yeah but he passes the "attitude test" every time. There's no reason for every interaction with law enforcement to be a knockdown drag out fight now is there? Save the energy for when you really need it and that way you stay off their radar till the time is right.

If it were me, I would've Jedi-mind tricked the cop into letting me off with a warning. I've been pulled over for one reason or another probably a dozen times in my life. I've only been ticketed 3 times.

Maybe you need to keep some instant coffee handy. It seems like you aren't too good of a driver without that morning cup'o joe.

never talk to a cop...when he ask what you thought.....say nothing....tell him he pulled you and you are waiting for the reason.....never volunteer anything...
My response is 99.99% of the time "No, Officer. Why did you pull me over?" But I'm always polite, courteous and thank them for doing their job.
You might be pleased to know you fit with a precise click into the Authoritarian/Submissive personality category.

Congratulations.
Yes, but I don't spend time bent over the hood of my car, or the squad, with the cop checking me for weapons, drugs or stupidity in corporeal form. You sound like you have problems whenever you're pulled over.

Really, I did.

I woke up at 5:01 AM. I'm in my car by 5:07 AM because I need to run to the 7/11 for some coffee filters. Not really happy about that, but oh well.

Of course, there is little traffic on the road because of the hour and the early birds who are out there are mostly going in the direction opposite of me for morning rush hour.

I'm going around a curve and I realize that I am lollygagging a bit, so I give my car more gas. In reality, I'm not really lollygagging, I'm just going the speed limit. But, everything is relative. ;)

As I round the curve, I notice the headlights of a car parked pointing the opposite direction that I am going. The word 'cop' flashes through my mind, so I slow down. As I come abreast of the parked car, sure enough, it's a cop.

Damn.

But, I don't see him pulling out in my rear view mirror and a sigh of relief comes over me. But, that is short-lived. The flashing blue lights catch my eye, but I think maybe he is going after the guy behind me and continue on my merry way.

Nope. It's me he is after. I pull over and he asks me why I think he pulled me over. Being the honest perp that I am, I say speeding. Well, that wasn't good enough for him. He starts shining his flashlight in my eyes and giving me an inquisition as to where I am headed, what I am doing, where I live, why I am going this way, yadayadayada. Again, being the honest perp that I am, I tell him where I live, that I am going to the 7/11 to get coffee filters because I am out of them, etc.

Apparently, he didn't believe me. He asks me to do a field sobriety test. Inside I chuckle a bit, but I don't argue and do it. Of course, I pass.

But, still that's not good enough for him and he is visibly becoming agitated with me. He asks me to do a breathalyzer. I do and the results clearly piss him off more. (Zero point zero zero).

At this time, I'm getting a bit concerned and hope that the back-up he called for gets there soon. As soon as I think that, the back-up does show up. The new cop introduces himself and asks me what the problem is. I think it's a bizarre question, but I tell him that apparently I was speeding and I am waiting for the cop to give me a ticket. (The first cop is in his car).

This guy asks me the same sort of stuff. He asks me if I have been drinking. I say no, but that I really would like a cup of coffee.

Anyway, long story short, the first cop never spoke to me again. The second cop gave me a ticket for failure to pay attention rather than a speeding ticket, which was cool. And the second cop apologized to me.

So, that's pretty cool, too.

The first cop seemed a tad bit disappointed. :cuckoo:

Some cities/towns have quotas that the cops must meet. After all, it was toward the end of the month. Looks like he hadn't met his yet. File an internal complaint for police harassment and see what happens. I would.

I hate cops.

I live close to my workplace. One day I was at work and my boss said, hey, look there are cops surrounding your house! I'm like, oh sure, but I look and they are!!! Like four police cars, and they're walking all around my house.

So I walked over to my house. As I approached there's this cop with sunglasses on looking all mean. "Hi," I said. "This is my house, is there something wrong?"

He says, "Do you know Michelle?" I think a minute. "No, I don't know any Michelle."

He describes her and says there is a warrant for her arrest and they were told she was here. At MY house??? Doesn't make a bit of sense.

So I said, "You can come in and look around if you want. I just have to secure my dogs first." I had my keys in my hand and gestured toward the front door. They declined.

They didn't say one nice word to me, they could have said, "Sorry about the inconvenience" or some damn thing, but noooooo....

They still looked at me like I had done something wrong.

Later figured out that whoever told them she was at my house really meant a different house. She had plenty of reason to get the hell out because of them having the wrong house. :lol:

I had to wonder what would have happened if I hadn't showed up. :evil:

Last edited:
Well, let's see. It was 5am, the cop is sitting on the opposite side, and you're going in the opposite direction from most of the traffic.His radar is off (if it had been on, he'd have told you what your speed was) BUT, he saw your brake lights. Now, cops know that drivers who think they are exceeding the speed limit will brake at the sight of a police car, and that drunk drivers in particular will do this (drunks in fact often drive UNDER the limit, but will brake anyway). It's near the end of the month, and maybe he's a bit short of his quota (and most departments have one, however much they publicly deny it). He also knows that when he makes a stop between about 1am and 6am, there is about a 50/50 chance (in most areas) the driver has been drinking (legally impaired or not). He's likely tired, because at that hour, he's likely nearing the end of his shift.

Given that, you are a likely set-up for a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer, no matter what you say or do. From the cop's point of view, if you turn out to be sober, he's done nothing wrong, and if you aren't, he has a DUI arrest, which is both important from a safety standpoint, AND makes him look good to his superiors (which means more to him depends on the individual cop). In this case, the cop who stopped you was more concerned with the latter, and/or meeting his quota, hence his disappointment.

Lessons to be learned here:

Watch your driving carefully during those hours, especially if you are not going the same way as most early morning traffic in the area, as that attracts a cop's attention to begin with.

Lower your window, and keep your hands on the wheel until instructed otherwise, and DO NOT unbuckle your seatbelt. Cops know traffic stops are inherently dangerous for them, and tend to be a bit paranoid when making one. The sooner you defuse that, the better.

You have the right to remain silent; USE IT! Keeping your mouth shut may not help, but it can't be used against you, either. Traffic court is a joke, in which the odds are heavily stacked in the officer's favor; it's not right, but on most minor charges, you are basically guilty until proven innocent; do not help a cop make a case against you. Unfortunately, speeding tickets are a major revenue source for many municipalities, ; that, not safety, is what leads to ticket quotas and overzealous enforcement. (Speed , as any cop knows does NOT kill, unless it is really excessive; speed differential (above or below) with surrounding traffic, does). At 5mph over the limit, you are NOT a threat to public safety; you're simply a revenue source, and one step toward making a quota.) It's not personal (in most cases), just a numbers game.

Last but not least, go to court on this one. If the first officer isn't there, that ticket is no good, because the second cop who wrote it did not witness the "violation". You might get lucky on that.

The above is the fruit of my having spent a lot of time around cops during my EMS and firefighting days; got me some insight into their thought process.

More advice on how to deal with the cops:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEK_czXZU-s]‪Chris rock: how not to get your ass kicked by the police.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I was very proud of the fact that I had gone since 1987 without being pulled over, but that all changed last week. I live in a very rural mountain area and went to town (population 497), and was pulled over by a cop.

He couldn't of been older than 21, and had a large tribal art tattoo from his elbow to his wrist. Anyway, he said he pulled me over because he noticed I wasn't wearing my seat belt, though I was, and had it on when he walked up to the window. In no time at all two other cop cars pull in. Boredom is rampant in a small town. In the end I was given a ticket for no registration because the registration was not in the glove box. I was not given a no seat belt ticket. The next day I took the registration to the sheriffs office and they tore up the ticket.

Four days later while on my way home the exact same cop pulled me over. He said this time he had pulled me over because he thought the license plate on the front was from another state. WRONG!

I have long hair, tattoos, and wear an earring and it sure seems like some profiling going on in my case.

I guess you didn't get the memo, only minority people of color are profiled by the police, where do you think the saying "driving while being black" came from?:cool:

If it were me, I would've Jedi-mind tricked the cop into letting me off with a warning. I've been pulled over for one reason or another probably a dozen times in my life. I've only been ticketed 3 times.

You have no credibilty manifold; I'm sure you posted this simply to get attention.

Si modo, cops come in all sizes, shapes and personalities, they have good days and bad days like all of us. Those who have too many bad days don't make it a career. All agencies have in place policies to weed out those who act inappropraitely and violate policy and procedure.

For several years I managed our internal investigations, phone calls and letters recieved from the public always were considered and investigated. We would send a letter to the complainant explaining that a false accusation could be prosecuted (CA law) and asking for details of the complaint (when, where, what, witnesses, etc.). Most complaints were minor and ended with a counseling memo to the deputy; on two occasions during my two years managing this unit, employees were fired; sometimes a letter of reprimand was placed in their personnel file and other times officers were ordered to complete training on their own time.

You sent a letter to the complainant explaining that a false accusation would be prosecuted. Good. Great start. Intimidate the fuck out of someone. I wonder how many people decide not to pursue their perfectly legimitate complaints because of that threatening statement. I mean, people probably wonder if they will be railroaded, their complaint called a false accusation even though it isn't.

And that seems to be a big method of choice for cops...intimidation.

Power corrupts.

:lmao:

Too funny! I have a friend who got busted for a DUI...not good. She is a gorgeous, tall blonde woman. It was a female cop who busted her. My friend apparently is a bit belligerent when buzzed and asked the cop if this is Tip #11 in the Dyke Guide to Picking up Chicks.

Her night went downhill from there.

I didn't know you were friends with Allie.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol: She really feels bad about saying that. Not because she got her ass kicked by the cop (unfortunately she couldn't "prove" it in her complaint even though her face was cut and bruised - disgusting) but because it wasn't all that nice.............................

or smart.

Yeah, but that didn't justify the cop physically hurting her. That's why I hate cops...stuff like that.

You have no credibilty manifold; I'm sure you posted this simply to get attention.

Si modo, cops come in all sizes, shapes and personalities, they have good days and bad days like all of us. Those who have too many bad days don't make it a career. All agencies have in place policies to weed out those who act inappropraitely and violate policy and procedure.

For several years I managed our internal investigations, phone calls and letters recieved from the public always were considered and investigated. We would send a letter to the complainant explaining that a false accusation could be prosecuted (CA law) and asking for details of the complaint (when, where, what, witnesses, etc.). Most complaints were minor and ended with a counseling memo to the deputy; on two occasions during my two years managing this unit, employees were fired; sometimes a letter of reprimand was placed in their personnel file and other times officers were ordered to complete training on their own time.

You sent a letter to the complainant explaining that a false accusation would be prosecuted. Good. Great start. Intimidate the fuck out of someone. I wonder how many people decide not to pursue their perfectly legimitate complaints because of that threatening statement. I mean, people probably wonder if they will be railroaded, their complaint called a false accusation even though it isn't.

And that seems to be a big method of choice for cops...intimidation.

Power corrupts.
I never thought of that, but I bet that does intimidate a few.

Anyway, I know someone who actually made a complaint about an FBI agent, and making a false complaint is a federal offense. The duty agent told him that fact, too. But, the duty officer also told him that if the subsequent investigation revealed that his complaint could be true, then no charges are pressed. He said only blatantly false complaints with concrete and objective evidence that they are false, are prosecuted.

So, that standard of proof should also be communicated to those making a complaint, IMO. The FBI duty agent did the right thing in communicating that to him.

BTW, the investigation was later referred to the IG. Unfortunately, they could prove misconduct of the FBI agent. It was some bad shit the agent did, too.

Congratulations.
Yes, but I don't spend time bent over the hood of my car, or the squad, with the cop checking me for weapons, drugs or stupidity in corporeal form. You sound like you have problems whenever you're pulled over.
Being stopped by police is not a friendly encounter. But not thanking a cop for stopping you is not cause to bend you over a hood and search you.

Being stopped by police is an aggressive action and is cause for resentment. Police know that. They also know that excessive politeness in response to an aggressive action is cause for suspicion.

While it's not a good idea to behave rudely or provocatively when stopped by police I believe a tolerantly neutral attitude is most natural and appropriate under the circumstances.

Congratulations.
Being stopped by police is not a friendly encounter. But not thanking a cop for stopping you is not cause to bend you over a hood and search you.

Being stopped by police is an aggressive action and is cause for resentment. Police know that. They also know that excessive politeness in response to an aggressive action is cause for suspicion.

While it's not a good idea to behave rudely or provocatively when stopped by police I believe a tolerantly neutral attitude is most natural and appropriate under the circumstances.
Wow. I've never had a single problem with that from the police officers in my major metropolitan area suburb or metro. They have always appreciated not being cussed at, glared at, treated like they were a threat when they were doing their job. Maybe all your law enforcement problems are indicative of YOUR personality issues with authority?

Then again, I almost never get pulled over, and am usually working WITH the cops to deal with an incident, and have gotten to know they are people too working a high risk/high stress job that has many people automatically putting their asshole skills to work just because they see a badge and appreciate someone treating them like the valued professional they are.

Of course, I'm a conservative and by nature don't assume cops are pigs and the enemy. "Tolerantly neural" denotes an attitude of smug superiority to those working a dangerous public service, and demeaning view of their efforts. Although they may be used to it, my good treatment of them may lessen their negative attitude towards others instead of confirming the all too often attitude that the public are scum. I choose not to live down to the all too often true stereotype.

Well, let's see. It was 5am, the cop is sitting on the opposite side, and you're going in the opposite direction from most of the traffic.His radar is off (if it had been on, he'd have told you what your speed was) BUT, he saw your brake lights. Now, cops know that drivers who think they are exceeding the speed limit will brake at the sight of a police car, and that drunk drivers in particular will do this (drunks in fact often drive UNDER the limit, but will brake anyway). It's near the end of the month, and maybe he's a bit short of his quota (and most departments have one, however much they publicly deny it). He also knows that when he makes a stop between about 1am and 6am, there is about a 50/50 chance (in most areas) the driver has been drinking (legally impaired or not). He's likely tired, because at that hour, he's likely nearing the end of his shift.

Given that, you are a likely set-up for a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer, no matter what you say or do. From the cop's point of view, if you turn out to be sober, he's done nothing wrong, and if you aren't, he has a DUI arrest, which is both important from a safety standpoint, AND makes him look good to his superiors (which means more to him depends on the individual cop). In this case, the cop who stopped you was more concerned with the latter, and/or meeting his quota, hence his disappointment.

Lessons to be learned here:

Watch your driving carefully during those hours, especially if you are not going the same way as most early morning traffic in the area, as that attracts a cop's attention to begin with.

Lower your window, and keep your hands on the wheel until instructed otherwise, and DO NOT unbuckle your seatbelt. Cops know traffic stops are inherently dangerous for them, and tend to be a bit paranoid when making one. The sooner you defuse that, the better.

You have the right to remain silent; USE IT! Keeping your mouth shut may not help, but it can't be used against you, either. Traffic court is a joke, in which the odds are heavily stacked in the officer's favor; it's not right, but on most minor charges, you are basically guilty until proven innocent; do not help a cop make a case against you. Unfortunately, speeding tickets are a major revenue source for many municipalities, ; that, not safety, is what leads to ticket quotas and overzealous enforcement. (Speed , as any cop knows does NOT kill, unless it is really excessive; speed differential (above or below) with surrounding traffic, does). At 5mph over the limit, you are NOT a threat to public safety; you're simply a revenue source, and one step toward making a quota.) It's not personal (in most cases), just a numbers game.

Last but not least, go to court on this one. If the first officer isn't there, that ticket is no good, because the second cop who wrote it did not witness the "violation". You might get lucky on that.

The above is the fruit of my having spent a lot of time around cops during my EMS and firefighting days; got me some insight into their thought process.

And then there are those cops who think a fancy uniform and carrying a gun gives them carte blanche permission to act like God.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZmId13y730]‪Cop: "I'll kill every one of you Mother F[/ame]

Wow. I've never had a single problem with that from the police officers in my major metropolitan area suburb or metro. They have always appreciated not being cussed at, glared at, treated like they were a threat when they were doing their job. Maybe all your law enforcement problems are indicative of YOUR personality issues with authority?

Then again, I almost never get pulled over, and am usually working WITH the cops to deal with an incident, and have gotten to know they are people too working a high risk/high stress job that has many people automatically putting their asshole skills to work just because they see a badge and appreciate someone treating them like the valued professional they are.

Of course, I'm a conservative and by nature don't assume cops are pigs and the enemy. "Tolerantly neural" denotes an attitude of smug superiority to those working a dangerous public service, and demeaning view of their efforts. Although they may be used to it, my good treatment of them may lessen their negative attitude towards others instead of confirming the all too often attitude that the public are scum. I choose not to live down to the all too often true stereotype.

I am always amazed at the shit people give police officers on the show "COPS". It does seem to be the way society has been groomed as of late. You watch a basketball game, you and the rest of the millions watching see a blatant foul, it's called, the player acts incredulous to being accused of a foul. He knows what he did, the fans know what he did, but he will argue with the ref and the fans will whine and scream bullshit. Same happens with every team sport, it's pathetic and sets a very bad example. The same goes for our court system and the many celebrities that get taken before them every day. Politicians and their lies, they have been caught and they still try to lie their way out of it.

I was stopped a few months ago at 3 am. I had gotten off from work at 1:30 and made it home by 2:00. I remembered that I had some snail mail that needed to get out and the post office had a 5 am pickup so I got in my car, put the top down, lit a cigar and took off. I live in a planned community of around 100,000 people outside of Houston, we don't have a police force, the Sheriff department of the county handles our police patrols. So I'm driving through the Market/town center on my way back home, looking at the new construction going on, smoking my stogie and enjoying the night air while listening to Sade. I'm driving down a boulevard with trees in the median and looking at the movies on the theater marque so I didn't look at the car driving in the opposite direction until he had gone by me. I saw it in my rear view mirror and it looked like a yellow cab that abruptly makes a u turn to rush up behind me. It had the ornate little taxi light on top but instead of taxi, it said sheriff. Being a pot smoker for thirty five years, this used to freak me out but since I haven't smoked in over 4 years and I was perfectly straight, I am not frightened in the least..... I don't necessarily want to waste my time with the whole pull over dance but I'm also not afraid of cops........ after all, I'm a middle aged white guy in a Sebring convertible.

I follow every rule of the road, signaling my intentions, stopping at every stop sign completely with the nose of the car even with the sign. I offer him no reason to stop me while he followed too closely for several blocks through 3 left turns and a right. On the last left turn the red and blue lights come on. I pull over and he walks up, a big, bald, irritated looking fellow caucasian. When he approaches he say "good morning sir, I noticed you made that last turn a little wide so I pulled you over to see if you were all right"...... the smoke from my nice Honduran cigar drifted into his face as I looked at him and said ..... " what does that mean?". He repeated that I had made the turn wide and was worried that I might have a problem. I told him that I appreciated his concern but I had no problem what so ever, that I had just got off work and had been to the post office to mail some bills before the 5 am pickup and was enjoying the night air on my way home a mile a way....... I then told him that I was 57 years old and didn't think there was a curfew for an old fart like me. He said that my story was reasonable, I was still in my uniform with my SIDA badge(allows me anywhere n the airport grounds, takes a background check with the FBI an assorted other agencies) around my neck, but since he had me pulled over, he would like to see my license and proof of insurance. I gave them to him and asked if I was free to continue smoking my cigar and listening to Sade........ he didn't answer. After wasting almost 10 minutes of my time fooling with his computer he came back, gave me my papers and said everything checks out. I asked him if he noticed how clean my record was, he said yes, I then told him that he could just tell me that he stopped me because he found it suspicious that I was driving through our community at 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning and wanted to make sure I was DUI or doing something I wasn't suppose to, that I understood and was actually happy to see he was paying attention...... he denied it. I told him I couldn't wait to go to work and tell all of my black and brown friends that I was pulled over for doing absolutely nothing wrong except for being white......he denied it again.
I saw another sheriff at Barnes and Noble the next week and asked him about what had happened to me. He said that the car was their new DUI task force car, painted from the rear to look like a yellow cab and the bald guy was a very gung ho DUI guy. He said that was a lame excuse but he was definitely hoping that I was drunk.
I did have fun telling the guys at work that even older, gray haired white guys get pulled over.:razz:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I am always amazed at the shit people give police officers on the show "COPS". It does seem to be the way society has been groomed as of late.[...]
I often watch COPS. While it is very revealing in some ways you should understand the sequences are selectively edited. Each 30 minute episode consists of clips derived from as much as 80 hours of recorded activity. The respective police agency decides which clips from each day's ride-along are approved for broadcast and which are not.

While there always is the ten percent factor in any example of human conduct the vast majority of people who are stopped by police respond either submissively, politely or in an intimidated manner. Those who respond belligerently are typically DUI. And this is right from the horse's mouth.

I am always amazed at the shit people give police officers on the show "COPS". It does seem to be the way society has been groomed as of late. You watch a basketball game, you and the rest of the millions watching see a blatant foul, it's called, the player acts incredulous to being accused of a foul. He knows what he did, the fans know what he did, but he will argue with the ref and the fans will whine and scream bullshit. Same happens with every team sport, it's pathetic and sets a very bad example. The same goes for our court system and the many celebrities that get taken before them every day. Politicians and their lies, they have been caught and they still try to lie their way out of it.

I was stopped a few months ago at 3 am. I had gotten off from work at 1:30 and made it home by 2:00. I remembered that I had some snail mail that needed to get out and the post office had a 5 am pickup so I got in my car, put the top down, lit a cigar and took off. I live in a planned community of around 100,000 people outside of Houston, we don't have a police force, the Sheriff department of the county handles our police patrols. So I'm driving through the Market/town center on my way back home, looking at the new construction going on, smoking my stogie and enjoying the night air while listening to Sade. I'm driving down a boulevard with trees in the median and looking at the movies on the theater marque so I didn't look at the car driving in the opposite direction until he had gone by me. I saw it in my rear view mirror and it looked like a yellow cab that abruptly makes a u turn to rush up behind me. It had the ornate little taxi light on top but instead of taxi, it said sheriff. Being a pot smoker for thirty five years, this used to freak me out but since I haven't smoked in over 4 years and I was perfectly straight, I am not frightened in the least..... I don't necessarily want to waste my time with the whole pull over dance but I'm also not afraid of cops........ after all, I'm a middle aged white guy in a Sebring convertible.

I follow every rule of the road, signaling my intentions, stopping at every stop sign completely with the nose of the car even with the sign. I offer him no reason to stop me while he followed too closely for several blocks through 3 left turns and a right. On the last left turn the red and blue lights come on. I pull over and he walks up, a big, bald, irritated looking fellow caucasian. When he approaches he say "good morning sir, I noticed you made that last turn a little wide so I pulled you over to see if you were all right"...... the smoke from my nice Honduran cigar drifted into his face as I looked at him and said ..... " what does that mean?". He repeated that I had made the turn wide and was worried that I might have a problem. I told him that I appreciated his concern but I had no problem what so ever, that I had just got off work and had been to the post office to mail some bills before the 5 am pickup and was enjoying the night air on my way home a mile a way....... I then told him that I was 57 years old and didn't think there was a curfew for an old fart like me. He said that my story was reasonable, I was still in my uniform with my SIDA badge(allows me anywhere n the airport grounds, takes a background check with the FBI an assorted other agencies) around my neck, but since he had me pulled over, he would like to see my license and proof of insurance. I gave them to him and asked if I was free to continue smoking my cigar and listening to Sade........ he didn't answer. After wasting almost 10 minutes of my time fooling with his computer he came back, gave me my papers and said everything checks out. I asked him if he noticed how clean my record was, he said yes, I then told him that he could just tell me that he stopped me because he found it suspicious that I was driving through our community at 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning and wanted to make sure I was DUI or doing something I wasn't suppose to, that I understood and was actually happy to see he was paying attention...... he denied it. I told him I couldn't wait to go to work and tell all of my black and brown friends that I was pulled over for doing absolutely nothing wrong except for being white......he denied it again.
I saw another sheriff at Barnes and Noble the next week and asked him about what had happened to me. He said that the car was their new DUI task force car, painted from the rear to look like a yellow cab and the bald guy was a very gung ho DUI guy. He said that was a lame excuse but he was definitely hoping that I was drunk.
I did have fun telling the guys at work that even older, gray haired white guys get pulled over.:razz:

3isa.jpg

Of course, I'm a conservative and by nature don't assume cops are pigs and the enemy.
Neither do I. Although you seem to assume I do.

"Tolerantly neural" denotes an attitude of smug superiority to those working a dangerous public service, and demeaning view of their efforts.
Tolerantly neutral means exactly what those words imply, which is neither submissive nor hostile, nor "smugly superior." It means tolerant of being inconvenienced and neutral in reactive conduct.

There are two levels of cause for a traffic stop. I regard one level as valid because of demonstrated recklessness, apparent DUI or distracted driving, while the other level is based on some insignificant reason, such as five miles over the posted limit, no seat belt or some other minor, non-hazardous technicality.

If one is stopped for any valid reason, such as DUI, reckless driving, excessive speed, etc., the outcome will be some painful or unpleasant punishment. So regardless of the socially positive effect of his action there is no reason for the offender to feel grateful or amicably disposed toward the cop.

If one is stopped for some technically legal but insignificant, petty and unnecessary (invalid) cause there is even less reason to feel grateful or amicably disposed toward the cop.

So whether the cause for pulling someone over is valid or invalid there is no reason other than manifest authoritarian submissive disposition to thank the cop for doing it. In fact it seems almost sado/masochistic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back