Idiots Guide to the Holy Week

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Palm Sunday: Jesus enters Jerusalem as the Messiah

Holy Monday: Jesus gives the corrupt money changers at the Temple a whopping and cleanses the Temple.

Holy Tuesday: Jesus teaches at the Temple

Holy Wednesday: Judas Iscariot, a disciple, agrees to betray Jesus for silver.

Holy Thursday (Maundy Thursday): The Last Supper (Jewish Seder which isn’t really a meal as much as it is a traditional act of remembering leaving Egypt with food used as symbology.) Jesus is arrested at night.

Good Friday: Jesus is crucified, taking God’s punishment for all believers. Darkness covered the earth.

Holy Saturday: Jesus went to Paradise and told everyone there (those who died before Jesus but were worthy) that He (the Messiah) had completed his work. Those in Paradise went to heaven, those across the chasm in Hades went to Hell.

Resurrection Sunday: Jesus rises from the dead to show mankind that death is not the end. Jesus gives final instructions to the disciples.

Holy Monday: Jesus gives the corrupt money changers at the Temple a whopping and cleanses the Temple.

Holy Thursday (Maundy Thursday): The Last Supper (Jewish Seder which isn’t really a meal as much as it is a traditional act of remembering leaving Egypt with food used as symbology.) Jesus is arrested at night.

Good Friday: Jesus is crucified, taking God’s punishment for all believers. Darkness covered the earth.

Holy Saturday: Jesus went to Paradise and told everyone there (those who died before Jesus but were worthy) that He (the Messiah) had completed his work. Those in Paradise went to heaven, those across the chasm in Hades went to Hell.

Resurrection Sunday: Jesus rises from the dead to show mankind that death is not the end. Jesus gives final instructions to the disciples.
Listen to Jesus Christ Superstar. I do it every year at this time.:eusa_pray:

Listen to Jesus Christ Superstar. I do it every year at this time.:eusa_pray:

I was about 10 I guess when that was a big hit but listened to it on vinyl over and over. Parts of it are not theologically the most sound but overall it's very good depending on who is singing.

St. Matthew's Passion by Bach is another banger from a different era--ha

I knew the pastor who kicked off the Jesus movement of the 70’s, Chuck Smith. He had a tent in a field in SoCal. Now one of the largest churches in the world. No pot though. But he brought in the devils instruments into the church.

Devil’s instruments? I presume you’re joking. We had folk masses with guitars at my parish RC church in the late 60s.

Devil’s instruments? I presume you’re joking. We had folk masses with guitars at my parish RC church in the late 60s.
Yes. Only Mass my sister and some of her friends would attend. Thought it ironic that it was the guitar, not God, that drew them to church.

Yes. Only Mass my sister and some of her friends would attend. Thought it ironic that it was the guitar, not God, that drew them to church.
I went to a Jesuit HS and their attitude was “whatever gets them in the door”. Hippie Jesus was quite popular.

Doobie Brothers- Jesus Is Just Alright With Me

Last edited:
I went to a Jesuit HS and their attitude was “whatever gets them in the door”. Hippie Jesus was quite popular.
Also ironic considering hippies were broadcasting not to trust anyone over thirty--which Jesus was during his ministry.

today is maundy thursday

Forum List

Back