If God is the Father...Who is the Mother?

No need to pick fights about this. We all have our own experience.

Has anyone pointed out that women are not all that highly regarded by the Abrahamic religions, and it's not at all surprising there's no equivalent "mother" to God the "father?"
No one has so far stated it quite as succintly as you have. I think "mother" was written out of Christianity. I think they made a "holy ghost" out of the mother.

Has anyone pointed out that women are not all that highly regarded by the Abrahamic religions, and it's not at all surprising there's no equivalent "mother" to God the "father?"

Verse(s), please.

Well I don't know the exact verses, but women are made from a man's rib, women are the cause of original sin, women are subservient to their husbands, women cannot own property, etc. And all the apostles were men, all of the Old and New Testament's major players were men, all the prophets were men...

Honestly, according to the Abrahamic religions women should be fucking grateful they can pop more men out of their uterus's or they'd basically just be slaves.

Ecclesiastes 7:26

26 and I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands; whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

And I assume you read the verse, which more than infers...go ahead, tell me what it infers? (I'm REALLY going to enjoy this!)

Look bud. I'm not here to justify your religion to you. I whole heartedly reject Christianity as having value for me. Period.

Verse(s), please.

Well I don't know the exact verses, but women are made from a man's rib, women are the cause of original sin, women are subservient to their husbands, women cannot own property, etc. And all the apostles were men, all of the Old and New Testament's major players were men, all the prophets were men...

Honestly, according to the Abrahamic religions women should be fucking grateful they can pop more men out of their uterus's or they'd basically just be slaves.

That's all pretty cool if you realized Original Sin comes from the "Merciful" TNT, NOT the Torah, you haven't mentioned the MYRIAD of obligations a man has to his wife or daughters and obviously haven't studied the lives of the women mentioned in T'Nach.
Not that I would expect you to be aware of any of this.

Verse(s), please.

That's all pretty cool if you realized Original Sin comes from the "Merciful" TNT, NOT the Torah, you haven't mentioned the MYRIAD of obligations a man has to his wife or daughters and obviously haven't studied the lives of the women mentioned in T'Nach.

Oh so you're saying the Jews have it right. Well maybe they do. Too bad they're a tiny fraction of the population of the Abrahamic religions. To the overwhelming majority of members of the Abrahamic religions women are not equals.

And your point has nothing to do with what the thread is about anyways. Does the Torah have a "mother" equivalent to God the "father?"

Verse(s), please.

Oh so you're saying the Jews have it right. Well maybe they do. Too bad they're a tiny fraction of the population of the Abrahamic religions. To the overwhelming majority of members of the Abrahamic religions women are not equals.

And your point has nothing to do with what the thread is about anyways. Does the Torah have a "mother" equivalent to God the "father?"

That's a good question...the closest answer is the "Forgiving" aspect known as "The Lord".
You will notice that until the creation of the Free Will human, the Judgment aspect known as "God" is used.
The Free Will creature requires, "The Lord" who provides a way to recognize and reconcile with the Creator.
God's Laws of Physics are strict.
The Lord's Laws of Meta-Physics are less strict.

Verse(s), please.

That's a good question...the closest answer is the "Forgiving" aspect known as "The Lord".
You will notice that until the creation of the Free Will human, the Judgment aspect known as "God" is used.
The Free Will creature requires, "The Lord" who provides a way to recognize and reconcile with the Creator.
So no, there is no "mother" equivalent. There we go. Threads over now folks time to head back to politics and the flame zone

Verse(s), please.

So no, there is no "mother" equivalent. There we go. Threads over now folks time to head back to politics and the flame zone

Hey, if you need mom, go for it!

Hey, if you need mom, go for it!

Huh? :eusa_think:

The OP's question has been answered. The human race was raised by a single dad.

/thread

Maybe in those religions, women are seen & treated as second class citizens, but God did NOT make her that way, nor was that His intention for women. Yes man has the greater responsibility, is the leader & head of the family unit, etc But women are equally as important, just to a lesser degree. But ultimately both are necessary, both are important, both are needed. One really can't function well without the other. Kinda like man being President & woman being Vice President. Yes one is held in higher regard than the other, but both are equally important. There are several stories about great women in the Bible.

Forum List

Back