If guilty, how should Buffalo teen be punished?

I think the pajama boys in NY should bring back the DP

It's still on the books, but rendered moot by a Court decision on some technical issue.

The NY legislature would have to fix the law to get the DP back on the table, and since the guy already did the shooting, any fix wouldn't count for him due to ex post facto constitutional restrictions.

This isn't a federal crime. Mr. Gendron wasn't alleged to have crossed state lines or international borders, none of his alleged victims were mailmen or IRS agents. Strictly a state crime, that he chose to commit in a state without an electric chair.

Probably why he decided to do it where he did- it would have been a deadly mistake to have committed the atrocity in Florida.

They did it for the Boston Marathon bomber and other killers, they can do it for this putz.

Dual sovereignty covers a lot more than it used to, due to the increase in federal laws.

It's still on the books, but rendered moot by a Court decision on some technical issue.

The NY legislature would have to fix the law to get the DP back on the table, and since the guy already did the shooting, any fix wouldn't count for him due to ex post facto constitutional restrictions.
I suspect there are other worthy future candidates for the death penalty waiting for their 15 minutes of fame

I suspect there are other worthy future candidates for the death penalty waiting for their 15 minutes of fame

Without a doubt. But the NY legislature is currently far too left to even consider fixing the DP to meet the Court's requirement.

if you remember the Wendy's Massacre in 2000 I was in that place THE DAY of the shooting, a few hours before on my way home from work. The woman at the register was one of the people killed.

That guy was sentenced to death but due to the DP being ruled flawed it was reduced to life without parole. So in 20-30 years some bleeding heart will try to get him released.

Well, NY doesn't have the death penalty, so that leaves imprisonment.

NY State still has black guy Colin Ferguson on ice for shooting up a train full of Honkies on Long Island a few years ago.

Mr. Gendron should be penciled in as Mr. Ferguson's new cellie if he makes it to priison.

It would be interesting to see the two debating race issues on the yard as their positions seem pretty contradictory.

That's a big IF

Libs ignore the victims of crime and care more about the criminals

You have to realize they see the criminal as a victim of a bigger crime, society's "inherent racism/patriarchy/capitalism. So they see the actual victims as secondary victims.

How about putting Colin Ferguson and Nidal Hasan into the queue as well?

1652792325146.jpeg

NY State still has black guy Colin Ferguson on ice for shooting up a train full of Honkies on Long Island a few years ago.

Mr. Gendron should be penciled in as Mr. Ferguson's new cellie if he makes it to priison.

It would be interesting to see the two debating race issues on the yard as their positions seem pretty contradictory.

Here is what Payton Gendron thinks about it ...

"If convicted, do you expect to stay in prison?
Yes, I do wish to see how the world plays out after all.
If I become old in the same prison I would only assume that we have passed the point of no return and will die out, and that I have failed.
If we do rise up against the replacers, I expect that I will be let out and honored amongst my people."

Here is what Payton Gendron thinks about it ...

"If convicted, do you expect to stay in prison?
Yes, I do wish to see how the world plays out after all.
If I become old in the same prison I would only assume that we have passed the point of no return and will die out, and that I have failed.
If we do rise up against the replacers, I expect that I will be let out and honored amongst my people."

Mr. Gendron is a teenager, who really cares what he thinks about anything?

Mr. Gendron is a teenager, who really cares what he thinks about anything?

The families of the ten dead probably care about what he was thinking.
I mean they might not have cared for what he was thinking ... And that is certainly understandable.

Then again, when asked why he decided to attack ... "Finally I feel awakened".
When it comes to the idea of being "woke" ... Be careful who you are waking up, and pay attention to everything.

I agree and let them kill each other and make sure both have shanks to off each other with…

GITMO. Use enhanced interrogation techniques to find all his terrorist contacts, then GITMO them too.

What's the line from the Dragnet movie? ten consecutive life sentences so he's eligible for parole in eight years?
This kid will never see the light of day
He is looking at 60 plus years of his life

This kid will never see the light of day
He is looking at 60 plus years of his life

Maybe, maybe not. That's what people said about another ultraliberal, David Gilbert, who was let go after slaughtering police officers after only 40 years on ice. Fredo pardoned him on his way out of public life.

And you are assuming that this fellow is going to be convicted. During his first court appearance he testified he was innocent.

And you are assuming that this fellow is going to be convicted. During his first court appearance he testified he was innocent.
Everyone says that at arraignment

Otherwise you have nothing to bargain with for a plea bargain

Forum List

Back