If I have to keep restarting Firestick and my internet modem that means TV Streaming is overrated and Cable is King

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Never had to deal with Buffering when watching cable or have to restart something. Yes TV streaming is cheaper but the connection is not stable. The only thing you need for cable to work is electricity. Not no damm wifi. I miss cable

Never had to deal with Buffering when watching cable or have to restart something. Yes TV streaming is cheaper but the connection is not stable. The only thing you need for cable to work is electricity. Not no damm wifi. I miss cable
That Darn Wifi...... such a burden to man these days.

Can you type on this message board if there was no wifi?
Can you honestly say that your "Cable" never went out?

What is your internet type (fiber, satellite, etc) and what download/upload speeds do you have?

That Darn Wifi...... such a burden to man these days.

Can you type on this message board if there was no wifi?
Can you honestly say that your "Cable" never went out?
I never had a problem with the picture shaking

I never had a problem with the picture shaking
I don't know how old you are.....but.......I had all of the following.

1). TV with 4 channels and rabbit ears
2). Same TV with an antenna on the roof
3). Cable
4). 6 Foot Satellite dish mounted on Roof
5). Dish and Direct TV
6). Back to Cable
7). Streaming, both with Firestick and with Smart TV.

Yup, it's annoying when the Internet goes out or the Streaming stops working.

SO provide some more info and I'm sure an expert on this site can provide a fix.

Cable is still available. There is no buffering when watching cable. Your problems sounds like it is with the firestick.

Your problem is the fire stick

Amazon junk
Get something else
Steer clear of Amazon brand tvs to
Buy a Sony or Samsung ...no cheapo Samsung models
I have a sony in the bedroom that has evil google built in
I have cable internet
Blazes
Everytime my 1 year of discounts is up and they wanna jack me up I call up push 5 for cancel and I'm pushed to retention which then gives you a better deal anyway

Cable companies can't get away with what they used to anymore thanks to competitors from local utilities to mobil phone operators like Verizon and t mobile home internet ...which both suck btw

My electric company does gig speed interwebs for 70 bucks

I pay spectrum 46 for very fast and they throw in free Mobil service for a year ...who I switched an elderly relative over to since I pay her mobile phone bill...had to buy her a new phone since she was still using one of my old ones ...since it was an old midrange Samsung Samsung has killer trade ins

They gave me 200 dollars fo on a phone that was worth nothing

I got her the a35 which is a solid mid-range ...it's more than enough for her

amazon tablet?
Yeah, a few years back I used a firestick, as well S an Amazon tablet to stream video ect. I found it terribly unstable. When I switched over to a T-Mobile 5g setup I burned all that stuff. Now I either stream or download from various places for TV. I am not a sports fan though, so what I do may not work for someone who is. I am guessing from your avatar that you may be.

The fix is easy, stick with broadcast TV. I get 35 great channels (out of about 70-75 available) it is free, and unlike all of the buggered technologies, it always works.

They broadcast with a million dollar transmitter, you sit back and receive.
Then tell him WHERE he can get it.

Forum List

Back