If only other cancer patients could wish it all away, just like heroic Elle Macpherson

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

She used to be a model but is now a "wellness" entrepeneur and she willed away her breast cancer, apparently.

At the heart of it is a critique of the bogus wellness industry.

Im not an expert on this and there maybe parts of it that have genuine value.

But "wellness" has been with us for centuries. Victorian newspapers were full of adverts for miracle pills and potions that would change your life.

The snake oil salesman was a constant in developing America. Obviously we are more sophisticated than those rural thickos.

But now there is new energy in the sector fuelled by dubious trailblazers from the celeb world.They are allied with the anti vax crazies in sowing distrust in medivene.

Even that pictue of health and wellbeing Alex Jones is able to make a good living promoting dubious potions.

Living proof that these things work. At least Paltrow and McPherson are nice to look at.

She used to be a model but is now a "wellness" entrepeneur and she willed away her breast cancer, apparently.

But "wellness" has been with us for centuries. Victorian newspapers were full of adverts for miracle pills and potions that would change your life.

The snake oil salesman was a constant in developing America. Obviously we are more sophisticated than those rural thickos.

But now there is new energy in the sector fuelled by dubious trailblazers from the celeb world.They are allied with the anti vax crazies in sowing distrust in medivene.

Even that pictue of health and wellbeing Alex Jones is able to make a good living promoting dubious potions.

Living proof that these things work. At least Paltrow and McPherson are nice to look at.
Most of this is the quack medication of the 21st century.

Most of this is the quack medication of the 21st century.
Eating processed foods is unhealthy.

I have as much faith in this as I do with medical doctors, it is all guess work, IMHO

In my lifetime I have come across dozens and dozens of people who have willed away, prayed away, or taken dubious potions or pills to cure of any number of conditions or diseases. After long consideration of any and all claims, I have reached a conclusion.

Some people get better and some don't.

I have as much faith in this as I do with medical doctors, it is all guess work, IMHO
To balance that I have been prescribed many different drugs that have helped me back to health.
The biggest one was the anti biotic that brought me back from pneu,omia. Dont even know what it was called.
I was a week on a drip when I had it. I dont know what the ex model entrepeneur would have prescribed.

Forum List

Back