If You Won't Wear a Gay Pride Patch, You're "Bigoted," Says ESPN Commentator

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Two weeks ago, when some Tampa Bay Rays players declined to wear LGBT Pride Month rainbow patches on their uniforms, ESPN's Sarah Spain said they were "bigoted" and called their religious exemption "BS." Really? So now you're a bigot just for declining to wear a gay pride symbol on your work clothes? Really? Has this girl ever heard of the First Amendment? How about phrases like "freedom of expression" and "freedom of speech"? Or, how about "my body, my choice"?

Imagine if there were a Straight/Normal Pride Month and some players declined to wear a heterosexual symbol on their uniforms, and imagine what liberals would say if a conservative commentator accused those players of being "bigoted"? Of course, no conservative commentator would make such an intolerant statement.

Two weeks ago, when some Tampa Bay Rays players declined to wear LGBT Pride Month rainbow patches on their uniforms, ESPN's Sarah Spain said they were "bigoted" and called their religious exemption "BS." Really? So now you're a bigot just for declining to wear a gay pride symbol on your work clothes? Really? Has this girl ever heard of the First Amendment? How about phrases like "freedom of expression" and "freedom of speech"? Or, how about "my body, my choice"?

Imagine if there were a Straight/Normal Pride Month and some players declined to wear a heterosexual symbol on their uniforms, and imagine what liberals would say if a conservative commentator accused those players of being "bigoted"? Of course, no conservative commentator would make such an intolerant statement.
Wah wah wah

I’ll wear a patch

Wah wah wah

I’ll wear a patch

That's nice. But I guess you're so hateful and intolerant of others that you'll call them names if they don't join you. It's people like you and Sarah Spain who are poisoning our politics and dividing our nation.

Just because someone doesn't want to wear a gay pride patch doesn't mean they're "bigoted." It means they disagree with you about the merits and benefits of homosexuality.

Conformity must be enforced! Unity through shame and force!

The rise of the homosexual subculture seems to parallel the rise of Christianity.
First it starts out small.
It get's persecuted.
It comes out of persecution stronger.
It gains strength.
Once it is strong enough and has government backing it begins to persecute others.
No dissent from the new culture will be allowed.
Finally, a new dark age will begin, but this one will be much, much worse!

It really doesn't have to go this way, but people seem to get real arousal from exercising power over others.

I mostly agree with you. I just don't recall ever hearing a conservative accuse someone of being "bigoted" for not wearing or displaying an American flag on their clothes or at their house. I might, in some cases, call them unpatriotic, but it would never cross my mind to accuse them of bigotry or hatred.

It's just sad, but not surprising, that so far not a single liberal has said, "Well, I'm all for gay rights, but, no, I would not call anyone 'bigoted' just because they didn't want to wear a gay pride patch." That would be the "liberal," tolerant, open-minded thing to say, but more and more liberals are becoming increasingly intolerant and closed-minded.

If it were the NFL or NBA, those players would have been suspended at the very least.

It's just sad, but not surprising, that so far not a single liberal has said, "Well, I'm all for gay rights, but, no, I would not call anyone 'bigoted' just because they didn't want to wear a gay pride patch." That would be the "liberal," tolerant, open-minded thing to say, but more and more liberals are becoming increasingly intolerant and closed-minded.
That’s because they can never criticize their own. They certainly can’t commit blasphemy against their religion….transgender-queer worship.

I’ll wear a patch

Lots of people wear patches ...

MV5BMTY4NzQxOTE1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg3NjU5MTE@._V1_.jpg

Good. We should be intolerant to bigots.

Forum List

Back