Ildris Elba: 'I am not a 'Black Actor'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
1676385603092.png

"I am not a 'Black Actor'."

:clap:

I can't believe he actually received backlash from this and had to defend his comment.

Attempting to label him a 'black actor', as he explains, is an attempt to put him in a 'racial box'.

He is an ACTOR. His race does not define what he does.

As he points out, no one says they are a black architect or a black heart surgeon. They say they are an architect or a heart surgeon.

Ildris Elba is an ACTOR...and a damn good one!

His remark sounds odd at first, considering today's racial climate, until you consider his entire remark. Of course, he is black, and of course he is an actor. One asspect of his life doesn't preclude the other aspect in any way.

View attachment 756806

I can't believe he actually received backlash from this and had to defend his comment.

Attempting to label him a 'black actor', as he explains, is an attempt to put him in a 'racial box'.

As he points out, no one says they are a black architect or a black heart surgeon. They say they are an architect or a heart surgeon.

What do you call a black guy who flies a plane?

A pilot you racist bastard

No one else says I'm a white this, or Asian that, or Latino whatever.

You don't get to say you want to be equal but also want special attention and praise for your skin color. But he gets that.

Anytime someone refers to themselves as a black something all they did is guarantee that I from then on I have absolutely no interest in them.

Denzel Washington also just wants to be defined as an actor. He is one of the best in the business in my opinion.
I agree that Denzel is a terrific actor; world class. One of the best.

I also find him to be refreshingly non racist. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t support the other people of color against the lingering problem of racism — which still happens in America (albeit to a much lesser degree than most black racists want us to believe).

His remark sounds odd at first, considering today's racial climate, until you consider his entire remark. Of course, he is black, and of course he is an actor. One asspect of his life doesn't preclude the other aspect in any way.
maybe if you consider the demafascist climate. They have turned their cities in to segregated shit holes.

And, he's British, not American. So his racial perspective isn't the same as one living here in the US. I'm sure the UK still has racists, but we don't hear the same narrative coming out of the UK as we do the US.

View attachment 756806

He's signaling that he's conservative; but he knows he can't say that, or his career and life would be put in jeopardy.

He's signaling that he's conservative; but he knows he can't say that, or his career and life would be put in jeopardy.
I thought he was just saying he considers himself to be an actor, not a black actor.

:dunno:

View attachment 756806

/----/ They don't like it when you wander off the democRAT plantation.

Forum List

Back