I’ll say one thing, that planet arrakas has a lot of ugly women on it

The novel "Dune" is incredibly difficult, some say impossible, to show on film.

The story is much too complex and so much of the story is told through inner dialogue that it looks confusing and silly on film.

That being said, the latest interration of the first novel is probably the best attempt to date.

The novel "Dune" is incredibly difficult, some say impossible, to show on film.

The story is much too complex and so much of the story is told through inner dialogue that it looks confusing and silly on film.

That being said, the latest interration of the first novel is probably the best attempt to date.
Herbert's Dune is too vast for filming. They tried it before.

I bet Capt. Kirk could find a decent lookin' one. ;)

43e370c7d31fa08141b44394f65f8d7e.gif

Ugly, unattractive or just very very plain looking women is a thing now.

Movies, tv shows and so on feature fewer attractive women. Even advertisements for like women's clothing and beauty products feature fat or chunky women with bad skin. If I was a woman and saw fat ugly women using a lotion I wouldn't want to buy it.

Even western video games are uglyfying most women characters.

Even Japanese games like stellar blade face controversy because they feature beautiful women.

I get enough reality in my life, I don't need it shoveled down my throat in fictional settings that I want to enjoy because it isn't realistic.

I remember when Hollywood had hot women in their productions like Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe.
You might be surprised to see what these hot women look like in real life without the makeup, the breast uplifts, the girdles, soft lighting, the sexy revealing costumes, the film editing and coaching needed to make mildly attractive women into sex bombs.

I've seen a couple of these sex bombs back in the golden days, and they really weren't that sexy in real life. Hollywood was glitz and glamor and not much underneath.

1711061554177.jpeg

Movies, tv shows and so on feature fewer attractive women. Even advertisements for like women's clothing and beauty products feature fat or chunky women with bad skin. If I was a woman and saw fat ugly women using a lotion I wouldn't want to buy it.

Even Japanese games like stellar blade face controversy because they feature beautiful women.

I get enough reality in my life, I don't need it shoveled down my throat in fictional settings that I want to enjoy because it isn't realistic.
The earlier days of movies, before the 60's, people

Up until the 50's, glamor was a primarily requirement for stardom but that started changing in the mid 20th century. Audience began looking for more than just glitz and glamor out of Hollywood. Audience wanted movies that made them feel good about themselves. that made them feel hopeful about their future, made them feel sorry for some and hate for others. The key word was "feel" and that exist now.

However, the demand for escapist fare is strong and it always will be.

Forum List

Back