The Differences Between a ruling of Liability in Civil Law and a ruling of Guilty in Criminal Law

Blacks? The accident was about race? :auiqs.jpg:

Okay. I thought I smelled dirty laundry. Go wash your sheets.

and if your insurance company paid, your rates went up. Or do some Whites get pass on that?
You wanted the black hidden in this case? That seems racist. Dirty laundry? So you loved your fake story but do not like my true story? Got a reason that is not racist? This story is not really about insurance rates. The fact is this was so long ago I make zero representations about rates. I know I did change firms and the firm I changed to was a lot lower in rates.

Why would he need to show up with legal papers if he was going after an insurance claim and not coming after you personally? Did you convince your insurance company to refuse to pay him, and force him into court? Insurance claims of the type you mention rarely if ever end up in a courtroom. No need. If it's cheaper to pay out as is claimed in this thread -- then that should mean no court.
Too late for me to ask him questions. I know nothing at all about him talking first to the insurance firm. He had not contacted me. I assumed since he said he was not hurt he told the truth. I was shocked he sued me. But I had no reason to talk to my insurance firm prior to him suing me. I agree that there should not have been a court appearance.

Maybe you don't understand yet.

I was in a powered vehicle. He was in another that he pedaled.
He drove through a red light. My movement was in the green light. He was invisible to me due to the way the road was laid out along with it hidden behind a high fence. I had no x ray vision. His problem was he ran a red light. The judge did not drive the path I drove.
And you took it to court rather than allow your insurance company to pay out, and you lost -- to who you had to add -- was a young, black man on a bicycle.

post #51

"There is nothing wrong with my factual opinion. I was there you see. I was at a complete stop. The light changed to green. I perhaps moved 2 feet. He was riding a hidden bicycle. It was dark. He was black. The odds did not favor him running the red light. Riding his vehicle, he was liable to stop at red lights. He did not. He came from my passengers side. And the corner was more like a 75 degree corner bent in a kind of v shape to my right. He was reckless riding the bike. He was it appeared to me around 25 years of age. Too old to make that kind of mistake."

post #56

"My case favored me. Still it was CA, blacks have the upper hand and my hunch is the judge factored that in. I found out at court the insurance would pay and not punish me."

We get it. You were a White victim.

The End

post #51

"There is nothing wrong with my factual opinion. I was there you see. I was at a complete stop. The light changed to green. I perhaps moved 2 feet. He was riding a hidden bicycle. It was dark. He was black. The odds did not favor him running the red light. Riding his vehicle, he was liable to stop at red lights. He did not. He came from my passengers side. And the corner was more like a 75 degree corner bent in a kind of v shape to my right. He was reckless riding the bike. He was it appeared to me around 25 years of age. Too old to make that kind of mistake."

post #56

"My case favored me. Still it was CA, blacks have the upper hand and my hunch is the judge factored that in. I found out at court the insurance would pay and not punish me."

We get it. You were a White victim.

The End
So you believe whites are victims?

And you took it to court rather than allow your insurance company to pay out, and you lost -- to who you had to add -- was a young, black man on a bicycle.
I took it to court? You clearly mean I sued the black man. But i told everybody reading he came to my office and he handed me papers that were his suit against me. I was as you admit, the victim. And the court helped him collect an unjust enrichment.

Maybe you don't understand yet.

I was in a powered vehicle. He was in another that he pedaled.
He drove through a red light. My movement was in the green light. He was invisible to me due to the way the road was laid out along with it hidden behind a high fence. I had no x ray vision. His problem was he ran a red light. The judge did not drive the path I drove.
I understood all that. But you didn't hire an attorney to make a defense. You were basically representing yourself.

I get that you expected the lawyer from the Ins. Co. to defend you, but that's not what he was there to do.

Did you do anything to prepare for court?

You admitted you were stopped at a red light. That makes you the burdened vehicle. It is your responsibility to make sure it's safe to proceed when the light turned green.

Did you have a diagram of the intersection, with dimensions and all the angles, that showed all the other vehicles, whether moving or parked, and the lines of sight from your vehicle, and the exact position of your vehicle at the time of the collision?
Did you have a video of the fence that showed the height and length, and what portions were visible from inside your vehicle, and as it approached the intersection and as it was sitting at the light?
Did you have photos of your car, and the damage where the bike hit it that showed the bike struck you from the side?

Did you examine the bicycle? Did you determine where he was coming from? That he was not just peddling home from a bar where he had been drinking all night?

Etc.

If you do not make a defense, it was just your version against his. With no witnesses and no evidence to support your version, you (as the burdened vehicle) will almost certainly lose.

Last edited:
I took it to court? You clearly mean I sued the black man. But i told everybody reading he came to my office and he handed me papers that were his suit against me. I was as you admit, the victim. And the court helped him collect an unjust enrichment.
Your tale is odd.

He was suing you personally? Huh? He took you to court?

If you and I (being the bicyclist), got into an accident like you described, I'd have your insurance info and I would be dealing with your insurance company -- for a settlement -- not with you.

I understood all that. But you didn't hire an attorney to make a defense. You were basically representing yourself.

I get that you expected the lawyer from the Ins. Co. to defend you, but that's not what he was there to do.

Did you do anything to prepare for court?

You admitted you were stopped at a red light. That makes you the burdened vehicle. It is your responsibility to make sure it's safe to proceed when the light turned green.

Did you have a diagram of the intersection, with dimensions and all the angles, that showed all the other vehicles, whether moving or parked, and the lines of sight from your vehicle, and the exact position of your vehicle at the time of the collision?
Did you have a video of the fence that showed the height and length, and what portions were visible from inside your vehicle, and as it approached the intersection and as it was sitting at the light?
Did you have photos of your car, and the damage where the bike hit it that showed the bike struck you from the side?

Did you examine the bicycle? Did you determine where he was coming from? That he was not just peddling home from a bar where he had been drinking all night?

Etc.

If you do not make a defense, it was just your version against his. With no witnesses and no evidence to support your version, you (as the burdened vehicle) will almost certainly lose.
If he was being sued it would be between he and the bicyclist. If the bicyclist here was looking for a settlement, he was dealing with the insurance company, not the driver.

If he was being sued it would be between he and the bicyclist. If the bicyclist here was looking for a settlement, he was dealing with the insurance company, not the driver.
I'm not interested in what you think happened.

You weren't involved, and you don't know anything about the complaint or how it was handled.

Forum List

Back