Illegals Pour in Through Southern Border, But Canada Can't Send Aid for Victims

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tell me this makes sense. While the southern border is practically non-existent and illegals, drug runners and other criminals pour through on a daily basis, Canada was stopped by border patrol when they attempted to send blankets, diapers and food to the tornado victims in OK.

I can see the need to check people and things coming through the border, but the difference in policy and procedure between the north and south borders is astounding.

Canada can't send items till they alphabetize them and note the country of origin. Okay, it's reasonable to know who/what is coming through our borders. I'm surprised the Canadians weren't already aware of the policy, unless it's new.

Our rules at the southern border aren't so strict. People from all countries, drugs and weapons easily make it through without question. It might be good to know the country of origin of that person climbing the fence, just in case they are from a country that is hostile to the US. We can't even determine the real names of half the people that come in, let alone any history on them. I don't care about alphabetizing the names on a list, but can we at least do the minimal amount of vetting before these folks hit the streets and move into our neighborhoods.

So, the current policy is no diapers or blankies till we know where they came from, but people, including the worst of the worst terrorists and drug cartels, can waltz through the border and demand amnesty.

Canadian relief for Moore tornado victims denied at border - Windsor - CBC News

Dennis Sauve, the volunteer co-ordinator for Windsor Lifeline Outreach and the food bank co-ordinator at the Windsor Christian Fellowship, the two organizations that gathered the goods, said it's a "physical impossibility" to do the paperwork required in time to get the perishable food to Oklahoma before it spoils.

Because U.S. President Barack Obama hasn't declared Moore, Okla., tornado a disaster area, the 52-foot trailer of goods is considered a commercial shipment rather than humanitarian aid

There are 9 people dead from this last storm and the rescue effort is still in progress. Many are homeless. Tornado season is far from over and I sure hope those people don't suffer any more than they already have. I don't know what the criteria is for declaring a place a disaster area, but I do recall some areas being declared that with fewer deaths. Do we go by property rather than human lives? Seriously, I don't get it.

Funny that the shipment was denied because it's considered a commercial shipment rather than aid. This is yet another example of government bureaucracy at work. No common sense at all, just red tape that prevents people from being helped. If the shipment were going to stores for sell, it would have cleared. So, getting stuff for free to help people in dire need is not okay without jumping through impossible hoops, but making a profit off the same stuff would allow the trucks to enter without hassle. Ain't gubmint wonderful?

Obama has inserted himself into other matters, even when it seemed highly inappropriate, such as when the Mass police (who he said acted stupidly) arrested that professor and the Trayvon Martin case. This might be a good time for Obama to wave his magic executive wand and help those suffering from the storms.

Last edited:
Hey, libs, what do you make of this? Do you think Obama should declare some cities in OK a disaster area so they can get help?

It's insane. If Canada does as requested, the food will rot before they can catalog every single item. If they were making a commercial delivery, they would have been waved through. Who would have guessed that offering humanitarian aid would result in more scrutiny than making a profit?

I'm sure those folks in OK would sure appreciate the help, but since Obama hasn't declared it a disaster area, they are shit out of luck. I don't understand why he hasn't done this yet. I've seen the pics of the area and the devastating damage. People have been killed, injured and left homeless.

Maybe if the Canadians fly the supplies to Mexico, they can have people deliver it with no hassle from border patrol. We know anyone and anything can come in from the south.

Last edited:
So, no liberals want to comment on whether Obama should get involved in this?

...um, since no Democrats are showing up, I can bullshit something about how this is the Republicans fault and they created all the red tape in the way due to their... uh... strict, border... policies?

...nope, can't do it. Not even I can play devil's advocate for this one.

...um, since no Democrats are showing up, I can bullshit something about how this is the Republicans fault and they created all the red tape in the way due to their... uh... strict, border... policies?

...nope, can't do it. Not even I can play devil's advocate for this one.

Well, thanks for trying............

Dpes anyone remember when the Governor of Louisiana (D) wouldn't allow our doctors to help the victims of Katrina?

We had to fight to get our doctors on shore.

Obama wants America to suffer so he can throw out some crumbs for the masses to lap up at his feat.

I love the new promo he's got.

"consoler in chief". Ass wipe goes home and eats kobe beef while feeling so sorry for all his poor voters.

How do you know they’re ‘illegal’? Were they all found guilty in a court of law? Certainly you’re not advocating persons be presumed guilty where they must prove their innocence.

Troll post. Deflection duly noted. Getting tired of you.

Agree. It sure gets old when the main topic at hand is avoided at all costs and we get idiotic remarks in lieu of meaningful discussion. Some are good at defection and lousy at debate so this is what we get.

The poster just couldn't say anything about the people in OK. Nary a word about how Canada was stopped from helping or whether Obama could do something to help.

Instead, the poster tries to derail by asking how we know that people who sneak through our borders instead of coming the legal way are here illegally. Duh. Reports show illegal immigration increased dramatically when the amnesty talk got serious. People sneaking in and asking how they can get amnesty. Obama is encouraging this.

But, Canada can't send blankets, diapers and food supplies through the border. How fucked up is that?

During the 1950s, he (Pierre Tradeau) was blacklisted by the United States and prevented from entering that country because of a visit to a conference in Moscow, and because he subscribed to a number of left-wing publications .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Trudeau

This should come as no surprise, during the 1950's Pierre Tradeau, the future prime minister of Canada (1968 to 1979 and 1980 to 1984), was considered a "security threat" and not allowed to enter the US.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back