Illinois residents feel the lure of states with fewer rules

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019

CHICAGO - Last weekend Quincy, Illinois, Mayor Kyle Moore drove across the Mississippi River to Hannibal, Missouri. He pulled into a popular brewery, the parking lot crammed with familiar cars, all with Illinois plates.

"You can't get into the place," he said. "They've been running out of food."

Watching the taillights fade across the border is a common source of aggravation for public officials in communities throughout Illinois. For many, it has only gotten more worrisome as limits put in place to contain the novel coronavirus are loosening in every surrounding state, while Illinois remains mostly closed.

Five neighboring states - Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana and Kentucky - have all in recent weeks relaxed or abolished restrictions while Gov. J.B. Pritzker, a Democrat, has twice extended Illinois's stay-at-home order.

Democrat govenors and local nazi power mad officals should Crack down harder ...for everyone's safety of course ...it'll work out well for the dem party in general

Um, this is nothing new. People have been going to Wisconsin for vacation for years. I even have property in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin relaxed the rules because they are dependent on tourist dollars. It remains to be seen whether or not this will be a disaster or not. I'll let you know when I go to the store today, and see how many people are there.

Forum List

Back