"I'm quite certain my party would be rightly howling"

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
Watch the video you'll find at the following link -- my party would be rightly howling -- before reading the remainder of this post.

So far the publicly disclosed evidence presented regarding the nature and extent American citizens' involvement with Russia and Russian state officials has mostly been circumstantial. Additionally, from some individuals (ones who matter, because I don't care what "peanut gallery" members say) we've heard impeachment talk, yet in the quarters in which those cholerically fain individuals dwell, we've too heard utterances that it's far too early for talk of impeachment.

Think what one will of the remarks from either faction, what's undeniably so is that were we to have a Democratic Administration, Congressional GOP members would be screaming for impeachment. At least one former Congressman, intrepid Republican, Bob Inglis, recognizes as much and has said so. Indeed, Inglis, who voted to impeach Bill Clinton, notes that the matters to which our nation's leaders and premier investigative bodies aim to resolve augur more noisomely and nocuously than could anything for which Bill Clinton was impeached.

"In the case of Bill Clinton, we were dealing with sex in the White House with an intern and then a cover up. That's quite different substance than a hostile country affecting or attempting to affect the outcome of our presidential election." Moreover, Clinton "never fired the FBI director when he didn't like the way an investigation was going."
Now, I think it's yet too soon to demand articles of impeachment, but I agree with Inglis about what GOP members would do were the tables turned. What I find disturbing about that confluence of realities is that it shows us that there is something deeply "rotten in Denmark." It should not at all be acceptable to any individuals in the American polity that their elected party officials be phlegmatic about matters threatening their own party yet truculent when the opposing party is in the hot seat. That may be good for party but it's horrible for the nation as a whole. Call for impeachment or don't, but don't see or fail to see the need for impeachment merely because it's "your guy" whose tenure as POTUS is at risk; have some integrity, please.

Watch the video you'll find at the following link -- my party would be rightly howling -- before reading the remainder of this post.

So far the publicly disclosed evidence presented regarding the nature and extent American citizens' involvement with Russia and Russian state officials has mostly been circumstantial. Additionally, from some individuals (ones who matter, because I don't care what "peanut gallery" members say) we've heard impeachment talk, yet in the quarters in which those cholerically fain individuals dwell, we've too heard utterances that it's far too early for talk of impeachment.

Think what one will of the remarks from either faction, what's undeniably so is that were we to have a Democratic Administration, Congressional GOP members would be screaming for impeachment. At least one former Congressman, intrepid Republican, Bob Inglis, recognizes as much and has said so. Indeed, Inglis, who voted to impeach Bill Clinton, notes that the matters to which our nation's leaders and premier investigative bodies aim to resolve augur more noisomely and nocuously than could anything for which Bill Clinton was impeached.

"In the case of Bill Clinton, we were dealing with sex in the White House with an intern and then a cover up. That's quite different substance than a hostile country affecting or attempting to affect the outcome of our presidential election." Moreover, Clinton "never fired the FBI director when he didn't like the way an investigation was going."
Now, I think it's yet too soon to demand articles of impeachment, but I agree with Inglis about what GOP members would do were the tables turned. What I find disturbing about that confluence of realities is that it shows us that there is something deeply "rotten in Denmark." It should not at all be acceptable to any individuals in the American polity that their elected party officials be phlegmatic about matters threatening their own party yet truculent when the opposing party is in the hot seat. That may be good for party but it's horrible for the nation as a whole. Call for impeachment or don't, but don't see or fail to see the need for impeachment merely because it's "your guy" whose tenure as POTUS is at risk; have some integrity, please.
Xelor, you're too articulate for the rightwing on this forum. You need to dumb it down. These are Trump supporters after all.

I originally thought republicans in congress would quickly find an opportunity to remove Trump because they knew they could trust Pence to further their agenda effectively, but now it's clear that they don't need to. As long as Trump approves any GOP legislation, it doesn't matter how Trump behaves otherwise.

Xelor, you're too articulate for the rightwing on this forum. You need to dumb it down. These are Trump supporters after all.

I originally thought republicans in congress would quickly find an opportunity to remove Trump because they knew they could trust Pence to further their agenda effectively, but now it's clear that they don't need to. As long as Trump approves any GOP legislation, it doesn't matter how Trump behaves otherwise.
What legislation? Naming a post office after Breitbart?

I'm talking about any legislation that originated in congress.

Yeah.. The simple diff is --- Hillary WAS guilty of mishandling classified docs and being belligerent about it.. Comey excused her as simply naive. Which IS an indictment of sorts. And Comey LISTED the infractions.

But Comey HAD nothing on Trump and ADMITTED it several times. So the "what-if" is a bunch of fizz... Firing a person to obstruct anything -- is motivated by GUILT -- not innocence..

Expected more here.. :badgrin: Maybe BECAUSE i'm not a dense right winger that you have to talk down to?? :coffee:

As long as Trump approves any GOP legislation, it doesn't matter how Trump behaves otherwise.

I understand your POV, and I think you and I must agree to disagree. I cannot espouse or adopt an "at all costs" mentality when it comes to elected officials, their deeds, and nearly all public policy.

LOL. I needed a good laugh. TY.

As long as Trump approves any GOP legislation, it doesn't matter how Trump behaves otherwise.

I understand your POV, and I think you and I must agree to disagree. I cannot espouse or adopt an "at all costs" mentality when it comes to elected officials, their deeds, and nearly all public policy.
The GOP as a party has proven itself to be just as corrupt as Trump himself. They are just smart enough to realize the importance of tact and behaving professionally while being corrupt.

Yeah.. The simple diff is --- Hillary WAS guilty of mishandling classified docs and being belligerent about it.. Comey excused her as simply naive. Which IS an indictment of sorts. And Comey LISTED the infractions.

But Comey HAD nothing on Trump and ADMITTED it several times. So the "what-if" is a bunch of fizz... Firing a person to obstruct anything -- is motivated by GUILT -- not innocence..

Expected more here.. :badgrin: Maybe BECAUSE i'm not a dense right winger that you have to talk down to?? :coffee:
The simple diff is --- Hillary WAS guilty of mishandling classified docs and being belligerent about it..
That's a huge difference. (Even without considering the very relevant role of mens rea in the "emailgate" matter.) Hillary has never been in a position of being impeached or otherwise removed from office. More importantly, her party did not hold sway when she was in the hot seat. It takes little or no integrity to "do the right thing" when "the other guy" (or his group) will suffer for one's having done so.

Though it's not I from whom this should come, touché, all the same.

Expected more here..

I've elected to try delivering my messages in "sections" rather than as "complete papers." I haven't decided whether I prefer that approach, but I'm giving it a whirl. You have correctly inferred, however, that that is the limit and nature of the "dumbing down" I have to offer.

I don't have a political party.

I wait for all the dust to settle after the various primaries and then I choose the lesser of two weevils.

Last time between Hillary and Donald they were both equally bad.

So I had to go with an obscure 3rd party candidate in order to vote with a clear conscience.

I don't have a political party.

I wait for all the dust to settle after the various primaries and then I choose the lesser of two weevils.

Last time between Hillary and Donald they were both equally bad.

So I had to go with an obscure 3rd party candidate in order to vote with a clear conscience.

I was going to go with Donald Duck.

but couldn't understand a word of his platform

Forum List

Back