I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
I got my first moderna vaccine today!!!! So did Matt.

Didn't hurt at all...didn't even know she stuck the needle in...

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th, then another two weeks after that...we will finally be able to fly down to Florida to see my parents and older sister!!! Its been a long wait! We will likely stay a month or two!

So far, about two hours since shot, no pain in arm..... Matt felt some pain starting about 5 minutes afterwards of soreness....not me!

My parents, in their 80's got their first and second shots already, along with my older sister....my sis, and father were sore for two or three days afterwards, my mother on both shots, felt nothing....I hope I take after her!

They make you sit there at the pharmacy, for about 15 minutes afterwards to make certain you have no reaction.

My sister and parents got their shot at a Publix grocery store, and my sis said she shopped around the store for 15 minutes instead of sitting there with my parents for the 15 min.

I just can't wait to see them! We were suppose to see them a year ago! :(

hubby & me are getting our 1st pfizer shot saturday & the 2nd one april 3.

2 weeks after that 2nd dose & i get to hug my bestest buddy of 45 years!

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th, then another two weeks after that...we will finally be able to fly down to Florida to see my parents and older sister!!! Its been a long wait! We will likely stay a month or two!

So far, about two hours since shot, no pain in arm..... Matt felt some pain starting about 5 minutes afterwards of soreness....not me!

My parents, in their 80's got their first and second shots already, along with my older sister....my sis, and father were sore for two or three days afterwards, my mother on both shots, felt nothing....I hope I take after her!

They make you sit there at the pharmacy, for about 15 minutes afterwards to make certain you have no reaction.

My sister and parents got their shot at a Publix grocery store, and my sis said she shopped around the store for 15 minutes instead of sitting there with my parents for the 15 min.

Congrats! PJ and I get ours tomorrow at the health department.

At Wal-Mart? Did the bag packer do it?
The pharmacist did it, and thank the good Lord she was an expert shot giver...smooth as can be!

I got my 2nd shingles vaccine three weeks ago, and it was brutal!!! The shot itself, the ache for the next two weeks, the sleepless nights, the sore arm.... It was an awful experience..... But now I'm done, its all over with, and hopefully I won't get shingles like my grand mom did.

Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous, though! Our hospital hasn't got any vaccine! I got all excited when I saw Gov Mills announcement, just went to our site and they're not scheduling appointments until they've got vaccine in hand. They said check back every Monday at 2 pm. I'm guessing I'll have to go through it again for shot #2.

Oh well, hope you and Matt breeze through it and just think--no masks for any of your family--in the house, anyway!

The pharmacist did it, and thank the good Lord she was an expert shot giver...smooth as can be!

I got my 2nd shingles vaccine three weeks ago, and it was brutal!!! The shot itself, the ache for the next two weeks, the sleepless nights, the sore arm.... It was an awful experience..... But now I'm done, its all over with, and hopefully I won't get shingles like my grand mom did.
I've been considering that one. Do you go to the doctor for it?

I got my 1st Moderna shot Tuesday, you will have a sore arm for a day or two, you'll see, but it's not painful, just sore, and on the 2nd day it will be fine again.

ya, i pushed my 2nd shingles shot out 2 weeks cause it was right b4 my 2nd covid shot is due & they say not to have any othe vaccines within 2 weeks. i'm just at the 6 month deadline for the 2nd shingles by then. my first shingles made my arm hurt bigley... i still feel it.

Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous, though! Our hospital hasn't got any vaccine! I got all excited when I saw Gov Mills announcement, just went to our site and they're not scheduling appointments until they've got vaccine in hand. They said check back every Monday at 2 pm. I'm guessing I'll have to go through it again for shot #2.

Oh well, hope you and Matt breeze through it and just think--no masks for any of your family--in the house, anyway!

hopefully when you get the first appt - you automatically get an appt for the 2nd, cause the timing is pretty important.

I've been considering that one. Do you go to the doctor for it?

i got it at the drs, but you may be able to go to a clinic or pharmacy.

The VA is giving out shots like it was candy on Halloween..
Matt's been calling the VA for the past two months and they still did not have them at his clinic available for him.... they said they'd call him when his age group comes up....never got a call so we just booked us both, at Wal-Mart...we tried to get in to the Walgreens closer to our home who has the pfizer vaccine, but couldn't get an appointment.

You live too far north

New Hampshire Motor Speedway Hosts Vaccine Clinic (msn.com)

You could go see them now, no difference.

hopefully when you get the first appt - you automatically get an appt for the 2nd, cause the timing is pretty important.
I sure hope so! I feel like I'm on one of those radio call in contests where caller #12 wins a large pizza.

Forum List

Back