Inflation has fallen a lot since the Inflation Reduction Act was signed last summer.

drove up rents

Tell us again how it is the Feds actions over the last 2 years that drove up rent...

1687963689431.png

yea grocery prices are high?...

Are they?

I buy what I want to buy, I honestly could not tell you what I spent on any product a year ago compared to today.

But I am glad that the rising prices are slowing down, that seems a good thing to me.

You disagree.

I doubt we will change each others mind.

Tell us again how it is the Feds actions over the last 2 years that drove up rent...

View attachment 799476
Low supply, unaffordable terms...(Fed) = extreme rent increase. Your chart is not accurate for the most recent events.

Last edited:
Low supply, unaffordable terms...(Fed) = extreme rent increase. Your chart is not accurate for the most recent events.

but my chart shows rents going up constantly since the 70s, and now you want to blame it on the Fed, ignoring the past 40 plus years

That is not the real estate market.. That is construction. Building them is one thing...selling them is another.

And they start a house after someone signs a contract and gives them 10 to 20 percent down.

Exactly and this area is full of hundreds of unfinished houses that failed in the middle of the process due to the interest rate changes that price people out of the homes even after they signed the contract. I personally know a home builder who told me that half a dozen of his projects went up 100% in price right in the middle of the construction due to rate changes and inflated supplies costs. Interest rates directly affect the rental market you can deny it if you want but that would only be carrying your political philosophy over the facts.

Last edited:
but my chart shows rents going up constantly since the 70s, and now you want to blame it on the Fed, ignoring the past 40 plus years
There's no question that rents have been on the rise for a lot of reasons.
The last 6 to 8 months have been the worst in the history of the market.
For what it's worth I have some sympathy for what the FED is trying to do they're trying to force the prices down but it's not working. The market here in New England has come to a virtual standstill and the prices haven't budged one penny.

Last edited:

Inflation has fallen a lot since the Inflation Reduction Act was signed last summer.

This is awesome news and Biden is kicking ass!!! 4 more years for one of our best presidents. Helping the poor, solving our economic problems and so much more. This man knows what he is doing and is standing up for what is right.

Right what started out at 1% under Trump and jacked up to 10% by Poopeypants now down to 5% because of interest rate hikes.
You are as good at math as you are about the climate.

This is awesome news and Biden is kicking ass!!! 4 more years for one of our best presidents. Helping the poor, solving our economic problems and so much more. This man knows what he is doing and is standing up for what is right.

Do you mean transient inflation?

tenor%20%281%29-Th.gif

They get increased revenue ( sales tax ~5% to 10%). They like to crank up prices perhaps?

Then take credit for "stopping it" but you still pay 2X overall as costs remain high.

Forum List

Back