Inflation hits new 40-year high as gas, food rent costs surge. Another big rate hike appears likely

Defending the Democrats already this morning?

Whatever drop in the gasoline price is negligible, when you consider that it went down to $1.80 per gallon under Trump.

Stating facts.

And yes it went to 1.80 under Trump during the middle of a worldwide pandemic. I am sure you would be willing to bring back the lockdowns and all that just to get lower gas again. that seems right up your alley

Potatohead artificially caused a reduction in oil production

There has been no reduction in oil production.

The yellow dot is the start of the current admin. Any reduction in oil production came before that point

1657721668692.png

Stating facts.

And yes it went to 1.80 under Trump during the middle of a worldwide pandemic. I am sure you would be willing to bring back the lockdowns and all that just to get lower gas again. that seems right up your alley

Nope. The gas prices were low before the pandemic ever hit. Granted they did go lower for a couple months in 2020, but they normalized after those two months. Mid 2021 is when they started shooting up higher, which had nothing to do with the war in Ukraine.

Gasoline Inflation in the United States (1968-2022) | US Inflation Calculator

Nope. The gas prices were low before the pandemic ever hit. Granted they did go lower for a couple months in 2020, but they normalized after those two months. Mid 2021 is when they started shooting up higher, which had nothing to do with the war in Ukraine.

Gasoline Inflation in the United States (1968-2022) | US Inflation Calculator

It had everything to do with the economy rebounding, and domestic production crashed because US frackers went out of business at record rates, after oil prices crashed.

Youre not real bright are you?

And a reminder. Trump isnt coming back.

So you’re just going to have to live with the fact prices are being gouged because the monopolies know there is no shortage of supply on shit for brains trumphumpers.

Give yourself a big hand stupbo. You are the mark arent you.

It was not under 2 bucks nationwide before the pandemic ever hit

I see that now. Gas was still half of what it is now, before the pandemic. $4.631 today and $2.32 on Jan. 2019, which was before the pandemic.

It had everything to do with the economy rebounding, and domestic production crashed because US frackers went out of business at record rates, after oil prices crashed.

Youre not real bright are you?

And a reminder. Trump isnt coming back.

So you’re just going to have to live with the fact prices are being gouged because the monopolies know there is no shortage of supply on shit for brains trumphumpers.

Give yourself a big hand stupbo. You are the mark arent you.

The only ones who aren't real bright, are you morons who voted for these high gas prices and a 9.1 % inflation rate. Of course fracking companies were going out of business. President Trump took the brakes off the oil and gas industry, and that resulted in an oil glut. Which also accounts for the low price of gasoline then.

Are you so fucking stupid that you can't see that? Or do you just like the inflation and high fuel costs your idiot president is giving you?

I see that now. Gas was still half of what it is now, before the pandemic. $4.631 today and $2.32 on Jan. 2019, which was before the pandemic.

Yes it is. This is what happens when the whole world slashes production due to a pandemic and then take their sweet time ramping back up. Add to that anti-oil policies from the current US Admin and we get what we have.

I am predicting we never see gas under 3.50 dollars nationally again, ever no matter how happens to sit in the White House.

One thing about inflation is the prices never go back to where they were.

Keep your fingers crossed, huh?

Libs worry because it will be bad for the dems if inflation continues

But I care because its bad for America

And so avoidable

Of course they're more concerned that it would be bad for their party. No matter how bad things get, the left has always been willing to throw themselves, families, and everyone else under the bus, for "the cause."

Democrats are the "Kamikaze pilots" of the political spectrum.

Yes it is. This is what happens when the whole world slashes production due to a pandemic and then take their sweet time ramping back up. Add to that anti-oil policies from the current US Admin and we get what we have.

I am predicting we never see gas under 3.50 dollars nationally again, ever no matter how happens to sit in the White House.

One thing about inflation is the prices never go back to where they were.

I have a hard time thinking in terms of a "global" economy. While our CPI rate is 9.1%, South Korea's is 4.61%. Switzerland's is 2.51% Japan's CPI rate is 1.2%, and China's is 1.55%.

Inflation 2022 – Overview CPI inflation by country in 2022

What are we doing that they're not doing?

I am really impressed with the way that this administration has achieved so much of their agenda in such a short time.

In 2020 I scoffed at their promise to hope and change us all the way to Venezuela within 4 short years, but they are right on track.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if they are reselected in 2024, we can finally achieve official status as a vassal state of China.

Of course they're more concerned that it would be bad for their party. No matter how bad things get, the left has always been willing to throw themselves, families, and everyone else under the bus, for "the cause."

Democrats are the "Kamikaze pilots" of the political spectrum.
Not only that, but with the lib media lying for them dems can actually be helped by a bad economy

Because desperate voters can be seduced by the party that is known for wiping every nose

Gas at the pump is dropping a little bit because of two reasons:

1. President Potatohead is draining the Strategic Petroleum Reserves to keep the cost lower for the mid term elections. That will end soon and the oil will not be replaced.

2. The high cost of fuel is causing people to use less. By the way, that is exactly what the stupid Environmental Wackos wanted. That is what Potatohead promised the wackos that he would do.

Gas at the pump is still almost twice what it was when Trump was President and that is a terrible tax on the American people.
It’s more than double.

I have a hard time thinking in terms of a "global" economy. While our CPI rate is 9.1%, South Korea's is 4.61%. Switzerland's is 2.51% Japan's CPI rate is 1.2%, and China's is 1.55%.

Inflation 2022 – Overview CPI inflation by country in 2022

What are we doing that they're not doing?

Lots of things. I will leave China out as I do not trust them and they have governmental control over their prices

SK did a far better job with COIVD than we did.

I think though the biggest thing is the amount of oil used by each country.

We use twice as much oil per capita than does Japan or Switzerland thus they would not be hurt as much by the out of control price of oil as we in the US are.

And also, Biden has not helped, and in most cases he has hurt things and made them worse.

Forum List

Back