Inflation Tamed? Real Wages Up. USMB trigger warning: Its good news

Another record is the amount of cash in money market funds - about $5 trillion.

Once those yields begin to dip, and that could happen at any time, what folks do with that cash could get interesting. Much will go into bonds and bond funds, since they'll be attractive (they already are).

The general consensus is that a GDP slowdown is on the way soon. We'll see, but unless something really goes sideways it may not be bad or long.
Banks do not pay their depositors so there’s been a massive move to money market funds

The $3.60 at the local gas stations this morning in my AO (a 6 cent increase from yesterday). You are full of shit so you can take and stick your charts-n-graphs where the sun don't shine.
Ahhh.. The "i stubbed my toe and it's Biden's fault" argument. Are you stupid? They are not charts. They are data points telling you that your world view is screwed up. Alot is well.

Cause inflation to go over 15%, then pat you on the head pretending that a 5% inflation rate (which is obviously understated) is a good thing.

Got-dammit are you neo-bolsheviks fucking assholes!
Wages up more than costs are up so people are still better off. What dont you understand? 3...2...1.. incoming insult.

Wages up more than costs are up so people are still better off. What dont you understand? 3...2...1.. incoming insult.
Real wages have previously fallen for 24 straight months, fucking buffoon....That's an all-time worst...One month isn't going to make up for that....Likewise, the deficit for only the FIRST HALF of the year is already over $1 trillion.

There's no amount of polish that you economically illiterate fluffers can heap on PedoJoe's purposeful economic catastrophe, that will make it look better....So just stop embarrassing yourself.

Ahhh.. The "i stubbed my toe and it's Biden's fault" argument. Are you stupid? They are not charts. They are data points telling you that your world view is screwed up. Alot is well.
Tater stole it so he owns it.

Real wages have previously fallen for 24 straight months, fucking buffoon....That's an all-time worst...One month isn't going to make up for that....Likewise, the deficit for only the FIRST HALF of the year is already over $1 trillion.

There's no amount of polish that you economically illiterate fluffers can heap on PedoJoe's purposeful economic catastrophe, that will make it look better....So just stop embarrassing yourself.
What a crock. You are better off than pre-pandeic. Look at this graph and tell me what you see. There is a weird spike in the numbers under covid but you are better off than you were before the pandemic hit. Real wages are in really good shape.

1681416400908.png

Wages up more than costs are up so people are still better off.

That's awesome!
How much did real wages fall last year?

Wages up more than costs are up so people are still better off.

That's awesome!
How much did real wages fall last year?
Real wages are up vs pre-pandemic. How hard is that for you to grasp?

Real wages are up vs pre-pandemic. How hard is that for you to grasp?

Real wages are up vs pre-pandemic.

Q1 2020, they were $368.
Q1 2021 they were $373.
Q1 2022 they were $363.
Q4 2022 they were $364.

How hard is that for you to grasp?

How hard is that for you to prove?

REAL EARNINGS – MARCH 2023

All employees

Real average hourly earnings for all employees increased 0.2 percent from February to March,
seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from an
increase of 0.3 percent in average hourly earnings combined with an increase of 0.1 percent in the
Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).

Real average weekly earnings decreased 0.1 percent over the month due to the change in real average hourly earnings combined with a 0.3-percent decrease in the average workweek.

Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.7 percent, seasonally adjusted, from March 2022 to March
The change in real average hourly earnings combined with a decrease of 0.9 percent in the
average workweek resulted in a 1.6-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.

LOL!!!

Real wages are up vs pre-pandemic.

Q1 2020, they were $368.
Q1 2021 they were $373.
Q1 2022 they were $363.
Q4 2022 they were $364.

How hard is that for you to grasp?

How hard is that for you to prove?

REAL EARNINGS – MARCH 2023

All employees

Real average hourly earnings for all employees increased 0.2 percent from February to March,
seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from an
increase of 0.3 percent in average hourly earnings combined with an increase of 0.1 percent in the
Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).

Real average weekly earnings decreased 0.1 percent over the month due to the change in real average hourly earnings combined with a 0.3-percent decrease in the average workweek.

Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.7 percent, seasonally adjusted, from March 2022 to March
The change in real average hourly earnings combined with a decrease of 0.9 percent in the
average workweek resulted in a 1.6-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.

LOL!!!
You are using pandemic numbers aided by stimulus and low wage unemployment. Pre-pandemic is Q4 2019. As you can see Biden’s numbers are higher than Trumps BEFORE the pandemic hit. Q12020 is pandemic.

36E8EEE8-5118-4028-B7C2-629E684B1608.jpeg

You can’t win. Here is the unemployment. High wages in Q12020 with historic unemployment. Get a clue.

E9483AB1-681B-4BDB-997C-312553888108.jpeg

You are using pandemic numbers aided by stimulus and low wage unemployment. Pre-pandemic is Q4 2019. As you can see Biden’s numbers are higher than Trumps BEFORE the pandemic hit. Q12020 is pandemic.

View attachment 776191

You can’t win. Here is the unemployment. High wages in Q12020 with historic unemployment. Get a clue.

View attachment 776193

You are using pandemic numbers aided by stimulus and low wage unemployment. Pre-pandemic is Q4 2019.

When was the first stimulus? It wasn't Q1.

High wages in Q12020 with historic unemployment

Q4 2019, they were $363
Q1 2020, they were $368.
Q1 2021 they were $373.
Q1 2022 they were $363.
Q4 2022 they were $364.

Yeah, Biden is really knocking it out of the park. LOL!

Inflation rises just 0.1% in March and 5% from a year ago as Inflation Reduction Act takes hold. Food and Gas offset each other to be flat and everything else looked good with the lone except being housing. Housing is a double edged sword as appreciation creates wealth.

Looks like Biden has it all under control as wages are up more than inflation since before the pandemic. Second graph has the real wage report from the BLS. Are you tired of winning yet?

Sample

View attachment 776012

View attachment 776014

Real Wages are up
Just filled up my gas tank. Cost me $60. When Trump was in the White House it cost me $30. You're claiming a "win" because inflation only went UP a little? Seriously? The worst President when it comes to the economy we've EVER had! Joe Biden makes Jimmy Carter look good!

You are using pandemic numbers aided by stimulus and low wage unemployment. Pre-pandemic is Q4 2019.

When was the first stimulus? It wasn't Q1.

High wages in Q12020 with historic unemployment

Q4 2019, they were $363
Q1 2020, they were $368.
Q1 2021 they were $373.
Q1 2022 they were $363.
Q4 2022 they were $364.

Yeah, Biden is really knocking it out of the park. LOL!
Q1 2020 unemployment was 14.7%. Youd have to be a special kind of retard to think those numbers are good. All of those numbers in 2020 are aided by tens of millions of low paid workers unemployed. That makes the wages look higher but they were not. Who the fuck thinks in the middle of covid shut downs when layoffs were happening people had peak earnings? Just your stupid ass. Go back to Q4 2019 when you were all pumping your chests about Trumps economy and Bidens is beating it in every metric.

Just filled up my gas tank. Cost me $60. When Trump was in the White House it cost me $30. You're claiming a "win" because inflation only went UP a little? Seriously? The worst President when it comes to the economy we've EVER had! Joe Biden makes Jimmy Carter look good!
Cool. What was the unemployment level when you were paying for cheap gas?

Cool. What was the unemployment level when you were paying for cheap gas?
Trump gave us historically good unemployment numbers before Covid, Gator and it wasn't people having to work a second job to be able to afford to pay rent, buy gas and put groceries on the table like we have now! Biden sucks.

Forum List

Back