Iran: Mine workers sentenced to flogging and prison for protesting layoffs and low wages

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Can anyone see a worker being flogged here if he complained?

Iran: Mine workers sentenced to flogging and prison for protesting layoffs and low wages
Saturday, 04 April 2015 23:10

workers-protest-300.jpg

NCRI - A so-called court in Iran sentenced five protesting mine workers to one year in prison and lashes for ‘disturbing public order’ during last year’s massive protests against layoffs.

Over the past two years over a thousand workers at Chadormalu iron ore mine, located in the central province of Yazd, held a series of gatherings and sit-ins protesting against layoffs and low wages.

Dozens of workers were either arrested or summoned to courts at the request of the employers. A group of 38 workers were arrested in February 2014 but released a few days later. Another group of 31 workers were summoned to a court last year. The recent court ruling was issued following members of this group of which five were sentenced to flogging and imprisonment for ‘disturbing pubic order’.

The employers at the mine company introduced the five workers as leaders of the protests and had demanded that they be dealt with harshly.

Continue reading at:

Iran Mine workers sentenced to flogging and prison for protesting layoffs and low wages

If you have a peaceful sit-down protest in the US you only get pepper spray canisters emptied into your face.
Much more humane.

Can anyone see a worker being flogged here if he complained?

Saturday, 04 April 2015 23:10

workers-protest-300.jpg

NCRI - A so-called court in Iran sentenced five protesting mine workers to one year in prison and lashes for ‘disturbing public order’ during last year’s massive protests against layoffs.

Over the past two years over a thousand workers at Chadormalu iron ore mine, located in the central province of Yazd, held a series of gatherings and sit-ins protesting against layoffs and low wages.

Dozens of workers were either arrested or summoned to courts at the request of the employers. A group of 38 workers were arrested in February 2014 but released a few days later. Another group of 31 workers were summoned to a court last year. The recent court ruling was issued following members of this group of which five were sentenced to flogging and imprisonment for ‘disturbing pubic order’.

The employers at the mine company introduced the five workers as leaders of the protests and had demanded that they be dealt with harshly.

Continue reading at:

Iran Mine workers sentenced to flogging and prison for protesting layoffs and low wages
gee maybe we should liberate them and drop bombs on them and their familes

My Iranian friend told me in America the police are still shooting niggas in the back and choking them to death..I told him it was all lies

My friend from Iran told me that in America underage girls are prostituted openly on the streets..I told him it was absurd .just Islamonazi propaganda

My Iranian friend told me in America the police are still shooting niggas in the back and choking them to death..I told him it was all lies
A few bad police aren't representative of the entire police force that generally serves and protects the public well.

You should tell you're friend you're a moron named El Chimpo.

My friend from Iran told me that in America underage girls are prostituted openly on the streets..I told him it was absurd .just Islamonazi propaganda

Yet another pointless bullshit clip.

Yet another pointless bullshit clip.

Thats what my Iranian friend said they say..they don't even care to hear about their plight and call it..bullshit he said ..I told him he needs to stop listening to al jazeera news

I talking to my Iran friend again..he had another crazy story from RT...lol that our government poisons its own people putting drugs in the water system to make people dull and passive a trick they learned from the Nazis!..lol...I told him should stay away from conspiracy sites :cuckoo:

July 25, 2012 — For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted.
Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children News Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health

I talking to my Iran friend again..he had another crazy story from RT...lol that our government poisons its own people putting drugs in the water system to make people dull and passive a trick they learned from the Nazis!..lol...I told him should stay away from conspiracy sites :cuckoo:

July 25, 2012 — For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted.
Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children News Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health

Well something clearly messed up your brain, that's for sure.

Damn!

If only we could be more like Iran and teach Union thugs a good lesson when they decide to strike.

Forum List

Back