🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Iran’s geopolitical dilemma in the fertile crescent

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Iran certainly appears to be up a tree now since things have certainly changed.

Syria provides a strategic corridor for Iran to spread its influence in the Levant while influence over Iraq allows it to bypass sanctions and not be faced with an ideological and military adversary

By Marwan Kabalan
|Special to Gulf News Published: 20:00 August 14, 2014

Geopolitics provides an amazing array of theories to understand situations such as the ones that exist in both Syria and Iraq.

The Syrian crisis that started as a result of a regime’s heavy handed assaults against the Syrian uprising in 2011 had showed the significance of political geography and geopolitics of different actors involved in the crisis. For instance, the main reason why the Iranian regime, which is a theocracy, is supporting the secular Baathist regime in Damascus is that because Syria provides a strategic geographic corridor for Iran to spread its influence in the Levant, particularly in Palestine and Lebanon.

Continue reading at:

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists/iran-s-geopolitical-dilemma-in-the-ferti

Syria provides a strategic corridor for Iran to spread its influence in the Levant while influence over Iraq allows it to bypass sanctions and not be faced with an ideological and military adversary

By Marwan Kabalan

Geopolitics provides an amazing array of theories to understand situations such as the ones that exist in both Syria and Iraq.

The Syrian crisis that started as a result of a regime’s heavy handed assaults against the Syrian uprising in 2011 had showed the significance of political geography and geopolitics of different actors involved in the crisis. For instance, the main reason why the Iranian regime, which is a theocracy, is supporting the secular Baathist regime in Damascus is that because Syria provides a strategic geographic corridor for Iran to spread its influence in the Levant, particularly in Palestine and Lebanon.

Continue reading at:

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists/iran-s-geopolitical-dilemma-in-the-ferti

Do you mean the Syrian crisis that the US Neocons helped instigate ?

By Marwan Kabalan

Continue reading at:

It looks like there are those here who can't believe that the Arab Spring arose because the people wanted change. It is so easy for those to try to blame the U.S. If they disagree with what the authors have said, I am sure there is a way to contact them, or else write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper and give your opinion. This is a free country so you are able to do this.

By Marwan Kabalan

Continue reading at:

It looks like there are those here who can't believe that the Arab Spring arose because the people wanted change. It is so easy for those to try to blame the U.S. If they disagree with what the authors have said, I am sure there is a way to contact them, or else write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper and give your opinion. This is a free country so you are able to do this.

No need---our media leaked enough information for us to know what's going on and who is calling for more war.

No need---our media leaked enough information for us to know what's going on and who is calling for more war.

It's a shame that people can't just read an article written by men who obviously have studied the subject more than others without dragging in something else. Meanwhile, of course, I don't think Donald Duck has ever shown any compassion for the people who are suffering in the area. He just feels he has to blame the U.S.

It's a shame that people can't just read an article written by men who obviously have studied the subject more than others without dragging in something else. Meanwhile, of course, I don't think Donald Duck has ever shown any compassion for the people who are suffering in the area. He just feels he has to blame the U.S.

Wrong Sally---it's simply the truth. America helped the so called Syrian rebels who now are no where to be found. I would imagine ISIS knows where they are since they are on the same side. And there is SO MUCH suffering going on in that part of the world that I've run out of compassion. There's no point. It's hopeless.

Wrong Sally---it's simply the truth. America helped the so called Syrian rebels who now are no where to be found. I would imagine ISIS knows where they are since they are on the same side. And there is SO MUCH suffering going on in that part of the world that I've run out of compassion. There's no point. It's hopeless.

Gee, I just read a story about the FSA fighting these extremists plus the Syrian Army as well. I think caring people continue to have compassion for unfortunate others. As for ISIS they have stolen U.S. weapons from where they were stored, so I doubt the U.S. gave the ISIS group support. Meanwhile, both you and I can believe what we want to; however, when I read something where people have actually studied the subject deeply, I don't try to drag in anyone else to blame. I read the article to see what they have to say.

Most ISIS are not syrian. There is the FSA and a sunni opposition as well.

Forum List

Back