🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

IRS put themselves in position to target conservative donors and volunteers

While it is true they can not assess taxes and impose penalties they are charged with enforcing those enacted by Congress. Therefore they DO have legal authority. Sorry, that's a post FAIL.

Legal authority comes from the laws created, legislated and enacted, not by the will of elected bureaucrats. Until such laws are created, the IRS does not have any legal authority to assess, collect or punish those who do not pay taxes.

Sorry, but your response just came off as the ramblings of someone misinformed. I don't blame you. Very few can actually understand the tax code.

I have now filed my 2012 taxes 3 times and have been waiting almost 9 weeks for my refund...
I wonder if I am being targeted.

The main point of the tea party was not that we have to pay taxes and they are against all taxes.
It was what they considered excessive taxation.

The initials TEA stood for taxed enough already.
Not the tea party doesn't want to pay any taxes.

If I remember correctly, the initial point was the problem of taxation and misrepresentation. And yes, lower taxes is a platform of the Tea Party

I haven't seen any of their birth certificates, have you?

LOL! Sorry, no, it won't. The IRS was targeting liberal minded churches under Bush - no one gave a shit. And no one gives a shit now. A bunch of nut bags who whine about how they shouldn't have to pay taxes should EXPECT to be more closely scrutinized by the IRS.

Link?

IRS ends church probe but stirs new questions - Los Angeles Times

and there is at least one thread on it.

Then the IRS is used as a political weapon by which ever party is in power. Does that make such abuse OK? You consider it wise to have a government agency set up so that the government can punish those who disagree with the current political agenda?

While it is true they can not assess taxes and impose penalties they are charged with enforcing those enacted by Congress. Therefore they DO have legal authority. Sorry, that's a post FAIL.

Legal authority comes from the laws created, legislated and enacted, not by the will of elected bureaucrats. Until such laws are created, the IRS does not have any legal authority to assess, collect or punish those who do not pay taxes.

Sorry, but your response just came off as the ramblings of someone misinformed. I don't blame you. Very few can actually understand the tax code.

Really? You have never been audited by said government authority...or had all your assets frozen, or seized, by said government authority.

Really? You have never been audited by said government authority...

I can be audited, but there is no legal authority for the IRS to assess collect or punishment based on what I did not file. If you haven't used your right, then you've waived it. That's how rights work, especially regarding the fifth amendment. Tax returns are filed on a voluntary basis and by filing I have waived my right to disclosure. Anything I file can be used against me. This can work and only work unless I choose to voluntary.

IRS audits can only work by force, which it already doesn't have the authority to do.

or had all your assets frozen, or seized, by said government authority.

The IRS can only have the power to do this with a warrant from a Tax Court judge, which is technically not even a real court but a board of executives determining the innocence of someone accused of avoiding taxes.

Whatever argument you are trying to make, it's not very compelling

Last edited:
Really? You have never been audited by said government authority...

I can be audited, but there is no legal authority for the IRS to assess collect or punishment based on what I did not file. If you haven't used your right, then you've waived it. That's how rights work, especially regarding the fifth amendment. Tax returns are filed on a voluntary basis and by filing I have waived my right to disclosure. Anything I file can be used against me. This can work and only work unless I choose to voluntary.

IRS audits can only work by force, which it already doesn't have the authority to do.

or had all your assets frozen, or seized, by said government authority.

The IRS can only have the power to do this with a warrant from a Tax Court judge, which is technically not even a real court but a board of executives determining the innocence of someone accused of avoiding taxes.

Whatever argument you are trying to make, it's not very compelling

Whatever defense you are trying to make is far less compelling than losing access to your bank accounts, or having your paycheck garnished by the IRS.

Whatever defense you are trying to make is far less compelling than losing access to your bank accounts, or having your paycheck garnished by the IRS.

The only people I've known which actually had this happen to them are the ones who voluntarily file their income taxes.

Forum List

Back