Is boxer Khelif male or female?

Male or female?

• Total voters
I saw somewhere online, here perhaps, where it was stated that this person and the other one who had the initial disqualification were both born female. But then I saw a different story that says that Khelif has an XY chromosome and from what I understand, that's your biological sex and it can't be changed.

Males have XY chromosomes and females have XX.

If he is a biological male, in my opinion, he should have never been allowed to fight female boxers. It feels sort of like a big kid picking on a smaller one.

Is boxer Khelif male or female?​

She's a delicate flower ...

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 17-40-52 (JPEG Image 299 × 168 pixels).png

Male.
Born intersex and looking female so they raised her female. It is sad on that level but it doesn’t change it’s a male.
What types of things would cause them to raise biological male as a female? And isn't it still unfair to have individuals who have the physical advantage(s) of being actual males, competing against females, especially in a sport that involves punching in the face?

Male and very ugly …. And a bad character
I saw somewhere online, here perhaps, where it was stated that this person and the other one who had the initial disqualification were both born female. But then I saw a different story that says that Khelif has an XY chromosome and from what I understand, that's your biological sex and it can't be changed.

Males have XY chromosomes and females have XX.

If he is a biological male, in my opinion, he should have never been allowed to fight female boxers. It feels sort of like a big kid picking on a smaller one.

he has a bad character …. is very unfair

What types of things would cause them to raise biological male as a female? And isn't it still unfair to have individuals who have the physical advantage(s) of being actual males, competing against females, especially in a sport that involves punching in the face?

In this situation, I have to blame the country for sending this person to the Olympics. They test athletes before and after major competitions, so how did this person get past their countrys sports governing body?

In this situation, I have to blame the country for sending this person to the Olympics. They test athletes before and after major competitions, so how did this person get past their countrys sports governing body?
she has been boxing as her sex all her life, you people are wrong no test for her chromosomes was done much less prove she was male.

This is a good question. Quite possibly, the temptation of winning an easy gold played in. What is interesting is that the only test we know of indicated chromosome difference from classic female configuration while no test has been provided that refutes such. No one says the person does not have y chromosomes.
Also, it is greatly perplexing that the insistence is on protecting the "rights" of this individual at the risk of the health and rights of unquestionably female opponents.

Forum List

Back