Is Donald Trump doing a good job in regards to gun control and gun laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolas17

Apr 10, 2018
Donald Trump's stance on five gun control ideas

Here is one "idea for gun control" - Arming teachers
Trump’s school safety plan moves forward on one controversial idea he’s floated repeatedly in listening sessions and speeches after Parkland: arming teachers. Under the plan, the federal government will work with states to provide voluntary “rigorous” firearms training for “specially qualified” school personnel.

Do you think Trump is doing a good job? Would Obama have prevented the shootings

No Obama wanted to ban more guns. I Trump is doing as good as he can with all the scum bags fighting him. I think he should just quit and let the whole place go to hell. Let's see then how all the liberal bed wetters like what they created.

Last edited:

Trump’s school safety plan moves forward on one controversial idea he’s floated repeatedly in listening sessions and speeches after Parkland: arming teachers. Under the plan, the federal government will work with states to provide voluntary “rigorous” firearms training for “specially qualified” school personnel.

Do you think Trump is doing a good job? Would Obama have prevented the shootings

No and no.

On the first, Rump started posing as if he was listening to people's concerns, and then went immediately into this cockamamie idea of arming teachers, which would be disastrous and which nobody wants except NRA because they could sell more guns. Worse, he made noises about superficial gestures like raising the qualifying age for an AR-15 and then completely caved like a bowlful of jelly as soon as the NRA threatened him :gay: --- apparently oblivious to the fact that he's already in office and in a position to tell the NRA to shut up and listen because "I'm in charge now and what's your alternative?" We haven't seen that cowardly a cave-in since Bull Clinton asked for Jocelyn Elders' resignation.

And on the second, nobody would have prevented the shootings. They are symptomatic of deep cultural sickness that involves perverted notions of masculinity and the worship of death and gunplay, a deadly combination. Until we turn that around the shootings will continue.

No and no.

On the first, Rump started posing as if he was listening to people's concerns, and then went immediately into this cockamamie idea of arming teachers, which would be disastrous and which nobody wants except NRA because they could sell more guns. Worse, he made noises about superficial gestures like raising the qualifying age for an AR-15 and then completely caved like a bowlful of jelly as soon as the NRA threatened him :gay: --- apparently oblivious to the fact that he's already in office and in a position to tell the NRA to shut up and listen because "I'm in charge now and what's your alternative?" We haven't seen that cowardly a cave-in since Bull Clinton asked for Jocelyn Elders' resignation.

And on the second, nobody would have prevented the shootings. They are symptomatic of deep cultural sickness that involves perverted notions of masculinity and the worship of death and gunplay, a deadly combination. Until we turn that around the shootings will continue.

Wow, just wow.

You are so smart, and yet. . . .

So, twisted?

You admit;

"They are symptomatic of deep cultural sickness that involves perverted notions of masculinity and the worship of death and gunplay, a deadly combination. Until we turn that around the shootings will continue."

So I guess I fail to see how you could hold this POV, and the POV the we need more gun control, when you admit that no amount of gun control is going to do anything till we deal with the underlying causes, (which I agree with you on. . . .)

These last few shootings, the gunman followed the law, obtained their arms legally, so what will more laws accomplish? Nothing.

The law enforcement failed, they did, Nothing. Making more laws will only make gun crimes increase, as the public will have less guns and criminals in high crime areas will have more, we see this in the statistics.

So I guess I fail to see how you could hold this POV, and the POV the we need more gun control, when you admit that no amount of gun control is going to do anything till we deal with the underlying causes, (which I agree with you on. . . .)

There's a reason you fail to see that. I've never taken the position that "we need more gun control" (if that means laws). Matter of fact I thought I just stated what we actually do need, yet here's another position I never took being attributed without evidence.

These last few shootings, the gunman followed the law, obtained their arms legally, so what will more laws accomplish? Nothing.

Exactly. We have way enough firearms that anyone who wants one can get one (or more) whether legally or illegally. All passing laws does is give politicians a phantom point to push -- "see, we're doing something about it". Until the underlying cultural poisoning is fixed, which is not the purview of politics anyway, they ain't.

The law enforcement failed, they did, Nothing. Making more laws will only make gun crimes increase, as the public will have less guns and criminals in high crime areas will have more, we see this in the statistics.

I don't think "more laws begets more crimes", no that doesn't follow. Again, anyone who wants to commit some criminal act with a firearm, can get one. If they're going into crime, they're not going to be concerned with what the gun laws are.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” the president added. - Donald Trump

Good Job Goldie !!

No and no.

Wow, just wow.

So, twisted?

You admit;

"They are symptomatic of deep cultural sickness that involves perverted notions of masculinity and the worship of death and gunplay, a deadly combination. Until we turn that around the shootings will continue."

cowards always prefer gun free zones and love to be able to prevent people from defending themselves against liberal murderers. Pogo says it won't change until we "turn it around", yet he will never outline how to do that.

No and no.

Wow, just wow.

So, twisted?

You admit;

cowards always prefer gun free zones and love to be able to prevent people from defending themselves against liberal murderers. Pogo says it won't change until we "turn it around", yet he will never outline how to do that.

STEP ONE: Restrict freedom of speech and expression.

No Obama wanted to ban more guns. I Trump is doing as good as he can with all the scum bags fighting him. I think he should just quit and let the whole place go to hell. Let's see then how all the liberal bed wetters like what they created.

Get rid of the word "Ban" We don't Ban Weapons except for Nuclear Weapons. We Regulate Weapons. Anyone can own any weapon as long as they adhere to the FFL Laws and licensing. This includes a model M-16-A-1 fully Automatic weapon. This includes a M-2 50 Cal or even a fully operational Tank with a 120mm cannon. You can even own your own fully operational F-16. I don't see a single military weapon outside of nuclear weapons that have been banned.

I do support moving the AR and the AK into the lowest class of FFL Firearms licensing. The cost is 200 bucks and a background check. The same background check that you have to pass in order to buy any hand gun. The only difference is, you can't lie on the application since it really will be looked at and checked. It's the same licensing that it takes to own a full blown M-16 or AK-47. Of course, you can't just store them in a gun cabinet. You will be required to store them in a gun vault like MOST AR owners already do. If you don't store your AR in a gun vault maybe you shouldn't have it in the first place. This isn't banning, it's regulating. No one is coming to your house to take your guns unless you prove to be a danger to society and then, it's by court order.

We have some pretty good laws in place right now but maybe need to tweak them a bit to keep them current. I don't even see a need to change the 2nd amendment either since we have regulations that already cover what it doesn't. Okay, maybe we do need to tweak the 2nd amendment a bit to keep it relevent and to keep the BS arguments to a dull roar. But not by much. What we need to do is to follow the laws we have in place and tweak them a bit. You don't like this then let the powers that be know at the voting booth. Cut the crap about screaming about a Revolution. Ain't 'gonna happen. WE have a revolution every 2 to 4 years at the voting booth. Trust me, I know of about 3.5 million retired military folks that would take up arms in favor of the American Government if one side or the other decided to try and do a revolution. And almost all of us are armed. America will continue. So let's work to make America continue to be the best country to be in the world.

No and no.

Wow, just wow.

So, twisted?

You admit;

STEP ONE: Restrict freedom of speech and expression.

step 1A -- kiss Trumps old fat ass regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back