Is FedEx waving goodbye to its iconic delivery drivers?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
FedEx is undertaking a vast restructuring to consolidate its separate delivery companies into a single entity, in a move to cut costs that could spell the end of the staff delivery driver.

The delivery company said last week that FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Services and other units will be rolled together in a companywide reorganization intended to slash $6 billion in costs by fiscal 2027.

The FedEx Express division currently only hires staff drivers, but the Ground unit uses non-employee contractors to move parcels, and some analysts believe staff drivers could be phased out entirely in the combination.

LOL....So FedEx is trying to out suck FedEx? :laughing0301:

Bold move cotton....Their contract ground delivery sucks ass now what with mostly dot Indians doing the deliveries so why not their express service too? What could go wrong?

• Informative
Reactions: Ava
'Contractor' is just a way for them to not pay employees when they don't have any deliveries to make, but still want them on the job anyway, i.e. just a scam, no different than the rest of the trucking industry.

FedEx used to be the best, now they're the worst....I'd sooner take my parcels to the post office.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Forum List

Back