Is Generarion Zs disinterest in hard work, minimalistic existence an illustration that the are more enlightened than generations who came before them?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It may be. Consider how many aches and pains so many experience for minimum wage. How many disasters at work causing death? Additional stress and correlated illnesses.

They make less than previous generations so they’re forced into a minimalistic existence. And since they know they’re making less, they don’t give a shit about hard work.

They make less than previous generations so they’re forced into a minimalistic existence. And since they know they’re making less, they don’t give a shit about hard work.
there is a lot of truth in that. I see it in the restaurant and retail industry, people making shit wages who barely care. But many show up and are obviously hard workers, too. I always worked hard and took pride in my work, but when you are a disposable and poorly paid employee, it is hard for others to deal with that reality.

Plus, they are generally garbage people.

And since they aren't generating enough to sustain their existence past the years they are able to work, and they are not increasing the resources of this country, they are going to be unable to provide for themselves as they age.........they are a disaster for the future..

And since they aren't generating enough to sustain their existence past the years they are able to work, and they are not increasing the resources of this country, they are going to be unable to provide for themselves as they age.........they are a disaster for the future..
Hell half of them could not afford the taxes on their parent's place when they pass.

Hell half of them could not afford the taxes on their parent's place when they pass.

But whose fault is that? I'd say it's 50 years of the plutocrats demolishing the middle class.

For instance, I inherited a summer home from my parents in 1981 jointly with my five siblings.

My father bought this property for $800 in 1949.

By way of comparison, my share of the taxes on it comes out to about $2400 every year. It would be a lot more if I had to carry the whole thing.

But whose fault is that? I'd say it's 50 years of the plutocrats demolishing the middle class.

For instance, I inherited a summer home from my parents in 1981 jointly with my five siblings.

My father bought this property for $800 in 1949.

By way of comparison, my share of the taxes on it comes out to about $2400 every year. It would be a lot more if I had to carry the whole thing.
Ha! It was mostly your ilk swinging the fuckin' wrecking ball.

My dad's sisters were bitching about paying their share of taxes on 50 acres of mostly mountain land. I told my dad to buy them out and I would pay for it. He did then transferred it to me. The deal was I'd not sell it till after he and his siblings had passed.....The last one passed about a year ago.

What they didn't know (dad did) was since it borders the George Washington National Forest I'll have a ready buyer (Forest Service) anytime I want to sell to them.....They pay pretty damn good and there is no capital gains on it either since it's the feds that I would be selling to.

I'm looking in to having it logged and after I have that done I'll sell it to the feds.....It will be a very good payday for a small bit of foresight and 8K. ;)

Forum List

Back