Is it Acceptable to Repeat a Blatant Lie in a Political Speech?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Excerpt from Biden's disgraceful speech at the DNC:

"When the president was asked what he thought had happened. Donald Trump said, and I quote, “There were very fine people on both sides.” My god. That’s what he said. That is what he said and what he meant."

The Left has REPEATEDLY characterized this statement, which referred to people who wanted to retain, and wanted to remove, statues of Confederate war heroes, as President Trump calling neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists, "very fine people." As the text of Trump's comments make clear, this is a Leftist lie. Not a difference of opinion, a lie. Even Snopes has weighed in (as others have brought up in this forum), to say, in effect, "Cut the shit. This is a lie."

My view is that politicians do NOT have the right to LIE. They can omit facts, slant a viewpoint, render an unpopular opinion, or tell their side of the story, but lying is unacceptable under all circumstances.

So this Biden fellow, who wants nothing more than to be remembered as a "fine statesman" in a couple weeks when he gives up the ghost, has chosen to pepper his final major public speech with lies.

Is lying acceptable?

[To the first person who says, "What about Trump?" I swear to God I will find out where you live and cut off/out your reproductive organs].

"When the president was asked what he thought had happened. Donald Trump said, and I quote, “There were very fine people on both sides.” My god. That’s what he said. That is what he said and what he meant."

The Left has REPEATEDLY characterized this statement, which referred to people who wanted to retain, and wanted to remove, statues of Confederate war heroes, as President Trump calling neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists, "very fine people." As the text of Trump's comments make clear, this is a Leftist lie. Not a difference of opinion, a lie. Even Snopes has weighed in (as others have brought up in this forum), to say, in effect, "Cut the shit. This is a lie."

My view is that politicians do NOT have the right to LIE. They can omit facts, slant a viewpoint, render an unpopular opinion, or tell their side of the story, but lying is unacceptable under all circumstances.

So this Biden fellow, who wants nothing more than to be remembered as a "fine statesman" in a couple weeks when he gives up the ghost, has chosen to pepper his final major public speech with lies.

Is lying acceptable?

[To the first person who says, "What about Trump?" I swear to God I will find out where you live and cut off/out your reproductive organs].
Are you fucking serious ?

Is it Acceptable to Repeat a Blatant Lie in a Political Speech?​

In a word, NO, of course it shouldn't be. But the fact that there is no rule against it goes to show that our elections are fundamentally crooked. Our elections are like a pack of hyenas all fighting over one dead chicken--- whoever steals it last and gets the biggest piece, wins.

IF OUR ELECTIONS WERE REALLY MEANT TO BE HONEST AND LEGIT:
  1. There would be a 1 million dollar fine to the party for every blatant, demonstrable lie made at speeches and rallies.
  2. There would be a $100,000 fine to the individual making it.
  3. All such speeches would be policed by an independent body of fact checkers.
  4. Any such lie made in a political ad (TV, etc.) would get a 5 million dollar fine.
  5. All ads and speeches would have to be approved and fact checked by an independent body.
  6. Elections would be administered by an independent body which would factually list the verified key points about each candidate to the voters.
Mind you, this would apply to blatant lies presented as facts and not mere spin nor opinion.

The Left has REPEATEDLY characterized this statement, which referred to people who wanted to retain, and wanted to remove, statues of Confederate war heroes, as President Trump calling neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists, "very fine people."
Truth be told, General Lee of the Confederacy, considered a war criminal by the Left, was actually AGAINST the Civil War, Fought to end it as soon as possible, and only went with the South because of where he was born and knew he was expected to go to the South.

My view is that politicians do NOT have the right to LIE. Is lying acceptable?
They DON'T have the right to lie. But the very fact that they write 10,000 new regulations against your life every year yet have never written any such rule governing themselves goes to show that they never intend to tell the truth and WANT our elections full of graft, innuendo, cheating, sneakery, theft and lying.

When the president was asked what he thought had happened. Donald Trump said, and I quote, “There were very fine people on both sides.” My god. That’s what he said. That is what he said and what he meant."

Keep in mind that this was a White Supremacist Rally where every speaker was a White Supremacist. There were no Civil War Historians on the agenda.
I am sorry, but if you attend a White Supremacist Rally and listen to all the speakers, you are not a very fine person.
Sleep with pigs and you end up smelling like them

Is lying acceptable?

HIs speech was NOT disgusting. You and other dead from the fucking neck MAGA MAGGOTS believe every lie that P01135809. You love his lies and you repeat his lies. Fucking Hypocrite that you are.

Is lying acceptable?

What about Trump, tough guy?

Is lying acceptable?

Confederates weren't white Supremacists?

Here is the poster

1724264138042.jpeg

Google the speakers and tell me which ones Trump thinks are very fine people

Is lying acceptable?

Trump was defending the right of a confederate monument to stand.

Is lying acceptable?

Absent lies and word change definitions, libs would be utterly silent

Is lying acceptable?

Dude, Fat Elvis was defending the white supremacy people who marched in Charlottesville that day and continues to court the white vote.

Just stop with the lies and become a better person by leaving the cult.

It was more than Trumps statement that there were very fine people on both sides

There was nationwide outrage over this White Supremacy Rally
Trump said nothing for days when asked to condemn it.
Finally he gave his meek……very fine people on both sides

Of course it is. You duopoly dumbfucks keep voting for them, so why wouldnt they?
You guys vote for liars so much, its a literal competition between you idiots deciding on which one lies less. Thats your standard. And even then you dont apply it. You just argue LOL.

Forum List

Back