Is Obama setting a trap for Republicans?

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
'Damn if you do and damn if you don't'. The president just can't win with the suspicious mindset of the media.

Is Obama setting a trap for Republicans? - CBS News

So it is only fitting that Republicans are suspicious of President Obama's warming trend. One minute he's dismissing us and the next he's picking up the tab for dinner? In short, goes the theory, Obama's charm offensive is a trap. The president is putting on a good face for the public in order to set up his opponents for the 2014 elections. When no budget deal is reached, the president will be able to say that he tried but the Republicans rebuffed him and should be thrown out of office...

When he starts bowing to Republicans, I'll believe his sincerity.

'Damn if you do and damn if you don't'. The president just can't win with the suspicious mindset of the media.

So it is only fitting that Republicans are suspicious of President Obama's warming trend. One minute he's dismissing us and the next he's picking up the tab for dinner? In short, goes the theory, Obama's charm offensive is a trap. The president is putting on a good face for the public in order to set up his opponents for the 2014 elections. When no budget deal is reached, the president will be able to say that he tried but the Republicans rebuffed him and should be thrown out of office...

As a politician, Obama is a Rock Star. He may well get control of the House back for the Dems. I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing. At this point, I'm leaning to good if it gets Republicans to remove their heads from their own assholes.

In reading this article, my impression is the writer is intent on making something out of nothing. For the most part, you could change the name of the president to Bush, Clinton, or even Reagan.

As a politician, Obama is a Rock Star. He may well get control of the House back for the Dems. I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing. At this point, I'm leaning to good if it gets Republicans to remove their heads from their own assholes.

Trap or no trap, one thing Obama has not been good at is mending this giant, unnecessary void that has pitted (what could be) like minds against one another.

The notion that everything is so black and white is a fallacy (in terms of political ideology), and I could never stand behind a politician that perpetuates this...

Trap or no trap, one thing Obama has not been good at is mending this giant, unnecessary void that has pitted (what could be) like minds against one another.

The notion that everything is so black and white is a fallacy (in terms of political ideology), and I could never stand behind a politician that perpetuates this...
I think all presidents, as well as most politicians paint everything in black and white. They don't want to confuse the public with the facts. Their purpose is to convince not to inform.

During the 2008 Nomination campaign, Obama and John Edwards were nearly identical candidates, yet Obama got four times as many votes. Rock Stars are made, not born. As to Republicans, it appears that you are quite familiar with contortionist positions.

:boohoo:

Forum List

Back