🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Islamic lie #869: Israel supported apartheid South Africa

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
In the 1950s and 1960s, Israel established intensive cooperation with newly independent Sub-Saharan states, and took a critical stance on apartheid. In 1963, Israel imposed an arms embargo in compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 181, and recalled its ambassador. During this period, Israel contributed an annual $7,000,000 in medical, agricultural, and other aid to Sub-Saharan states.[3] In 1971, Israel offered $2,850 in aid to the Organization of African Unity. The aid was rejected, but the offer caused tension between South African Jews and their government.[4]

Foreign relations of South Africa during apartheid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alot of Muslim countries turn a blind eye to the Sudanese genocide in Darfur and the Nuba Mountains, but of course nobody talks about that.

Alot of Muslim countries turn a blind eye to the Sudanese genocide in Darfur and the Nuba Mountains, but of course nobody talks about that.
Muslim countries have done and will continue to do business with the worst elements. One need only ask, "who are the pariah nations in the world today?" and behind every one of them, are a group of supporting Muslim countries.

Revealed: how Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons
Secret South African documents reveal that Israel offered to sell nuclear warheads to the apartheid regime, providing the first official documentary evidence of the state's possession of nuclear weapons.

The "top secret" minutes of meetings between senior officials from the two countries in 1975 show that South Africa's defence minister, PW Botha, asked for the warheads and Shimon Peres, then Israel's defence minister and now its president, responded by offering them "in three sizes". The two men also signed a broad-ranging agreement governing military ties between the two countries that included a clause declaring that "the very existence of this agreement" was to remain secret.

The documents, uncovered by an American academic, Sasha Polakow-Suransky, in research for a book on the close relationship between the two countries, provide evidence that Israel has nuclear weapons despite its policy of "ambiguity" in neither confirming nor denying their existence.

The Israeli authorities tried to stop South Africa's post-apartheid government declassifying the documents at Polakow-Suransky's request
Revealed: how Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons | World news | The Guardian

I suppose if anyone surmised that an Israeli-SA co-effort to develop nuclear weapons might imply support by the first nation to the second, that person would get "negged" here.

Care to speculate?

Secret South African documents reveal that Israel offered to sell nuclear warheads to the apartheid regime, providing the first official documentary evidence of the state's possession of nuclear weapons.

The "top secret" minutes of meetings between senior officials from the two countries in 1975 show that South Africa's defence minister, PW Botha, asked for the warheads and Shimon Peres, then Israel's defence minister and now its president, responded by offering them "in three sizes". The two men also signed a broad-ranging agreement governing military ties between the two countries that included a clause declaring that "the very existence of this agreement" was to remain secret.

The documents, uncovered by an American academic, Sasha Polakow-Suransky, in research for a book on the close relationship between the two countries, provide evidence that Israel has nuclear weapons despite its policy of "ambiguity" in neither confirming nor denying their existence.

The Israeli authorities tried to stop South Africa's post-apartheid government declassifying the documents at Polakow-Suransky's request
Revealed: how Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons | World news | The Guardian

YAWN........ Notice how PRO- Palestinians change the subject? lol:cuckoo:

Israel Denies It Offered South Africa Warheads
By ISABEL KERSHNER, NY Times
Published: May 24, 2010

JERUSALEM — The office of Israel’s president, Shimon Peres, strongly denied Monday that Mr. Peres, as Israel’s defense minister, offered to sell nuclear warheads to South Africa in 1975, as reported by The Guardian.

Dan Meridor, Israel’s deputy prime minister and minister of intelligence and atomic energy, told reporters on Monday that he had no particular knowledge of what went on in the 1970s, as he was “not in business” then, but that he believed Mr. Peres.

Yossi Beilin, a former leftist minister, also dismissed the newspaper article and the book on which it was based, “The Unspoken Alliance: Israel’s Secret Relationship With Apartheid South Africa,” by Sasha Polakow-Suransky.

“The article does not concretely say that Israel wanted to sell nuclear warheads. It is a conclusion,” Mr. Beilin told Israel Radio. “The book itself does not say this explicitly, and I think that the president’s denial puts an end to the subject.”

The president’s denial was unequivocal, stating that “there exists no basis in reality for the claims” that “Israel negotiated with South Africa the exchange of nuclear weapons.” The Guardian article, the president’s office added, was “based on the selective interpretation of South African documents and not on concrete facts.”

In an interview with the South African Press Association, Pik Botha, who served as South Africa’s foreign minister in the waning years of apartheid, also questioned the article’s claims. “I doubt it very much,” said Mr. Botha, who is not related to P. W. Botha. “I doubt whether such an offer was ever made. I think I would have known about it.”

Celia W. Dugger contributed reporting from Johannesburg.

YAWN........ Notice how PRO- Palestinians change the subject? lol:cuckoo:
All they have are lies.

blind eye? I got an arguement----sometime ago ---in an islamic chat room ---or maybe
it was a messageboard---I don't remember ----in which the 'able to see' muslim
told me that the sudanese christians had fomented a rebellion so killing them was----
a good idea-----he cited the death toll in the american civil war
When you deal with islamic logic you have to have a FLEXIBLE mind-----which can
bend over backwards

blind eye? I got an arguement----sometime ago ---in an islamic chat room ---or maybe
told me that the sudanese christians had fomented a rebellion so killing them was----
bend over backwards

Blind eye, direct support, or both. I know Sudan always has the support of the Arab countries when the issue is brought up at the UN.

bend over backwards

Blind eye, direct support, or both. I know Sudan always has the support of the Arab countries when the issue is brought up at the UN.

oh gee----I missed it -----was otherwise occupied those years-----I did not even
know that the UN touched on the issue-----my impression was that aside for private
groups the WHOLE world was ignoring the genocide-----were any resolutions are
called to ACTION introduced in all that time?

bend over backwards

oh gee----I missed it -----was otherwise occupied those years-----I did not even
know that the UN touched on the issue-----my impression was that aside for private

Not a damn thing really, just a couple strongly worded memos to Sudan to stop bombing and raping the people in Darfur. The Bush administration at the time tried diplomatically with Colin Powell leading but not much happened.

In the 1950s and 1960s, Israel established intensive cooperation with newly independent Sub-Saharan states, and took a critical stance on apartheid. In 1963, Israel imposed an arms embargo in compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 181, and recalled its ambassador. During this period, Israel contributed an annual $7,000,000 in medical, agricultural, and other aid to Sub-Saharan states.[3] In 1971, Israel offered $2,850 in aid to the Organization of African Unity. The aid was rejected, but the offer caused tension between South African Jews and their government.[4]

Foreign relations of South Africa during apartheid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roudy, once again fails to tell the whole truth !!! While the Relationship between Israel and South Africa has been warm and cool at various times in their history it was mostly warm during the time of Aparthied:

By the mid 1970s, Israel's relations with South Africa had warmed. In 1975, the Israel–South Africa Agreement was signed, and increasing economic co-operation between Israel and South Africa was reported, including the construction of a major new railway in Israel, and the building of a desalination plant in South Africa.[14] In April 1976 South African Prime Minister John Vorster was invited to make a state visit, meeting Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.[12] [15] Later in 1976, the 5th Conference of Non-Aligned Nations in Colombo, Sri Lanka, adopted a resolution calling for an oil embargo against France and Israel because of their arms sales to South Africa.[14] In 1977, South African Foreign Minister Pik Botha visited Israel to discuss South African issues with Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Foreign Minister Moshe Dayan.

The Israeli interest in South Africa in 1980s sprang in part from the presence of about 110,000 Jews in South Africa, a figure which included more than 15,000 Israeli citizens.[16]

In 1981, Israeli Defence Minister Ariel Sharon visited South African forces in Namibia for 10 days,[17] later saying that South Africa needed more weapons to fight Soviet infiltration in the region.

Israel?South Africa relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Israel South Africa Agreement (ISSA) was a secret defence co-operation agreement originally signed in 1975 between Israel and the apartheid government of South Africa.[1]

The agreement covered many different areas of defence co-operation at a time when both countries were unable to source weapons and defence technology freely on the international market, primarily because of arms embargoes in place at the time.[2]

Israel?South Africa Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Roudys own source;

After the 1967 Six-Day War, however, and particularly in the 1970s when other African states broke relations with Israel in the aftermath of the Yom Kippur War, Israel largely cut off humanitarian aid to sub-saharan Africa and became Pretoria's strategic partner, establishing strong economic and military relations with the 1975 Israel–South Africa Agreement, which included alleged nuclear collaboration.

I would suggest that people be very careful of source material in posts some people have a tentency to truncate them and it is up to the reader to verify their accuracy.

during the period of time Caturday mentions-----he FAILS to note that the islamo nazi pigs had organized a COMPREHENSIVE boycott of any and
all businesses doing any business at all with Israel THUS in order to do business with israel ----large congomerates had to give up the HUGE MARKET CONTROLLED BY ISLAMO NAZI PIGS -----most caved.
back then in Israel----one could not get any products from the then giant
PEPSI CONGLOMERATE or NESTLE and lots of the other FOOD
PRODUCERS The islamo nazi pigs were trying to starve the young
country and its world war II and islamic oppressed refugees to death---
so Israel traded with south africa------it helped them survive the starvation siege --------a fact which annoys caturday because imagining jews dropping
dead of starvation in the gutters is his fave wet dream

during the period of time Caturday mentions-----he FAILS to note that the islamo nazi pigs had organized a COMPREHENSIVE boycott of any and
all businesses doing any business at all with Israel THUS in order to do business with israel ----large congomerates had to give up the HUGE MARKET CONTROLLED BY ISLAMO NAZI PIGS -----most caved.
back then in Israel----one could not get any products from the then giant
PEPSI CONGLOMERATE or NESTLE and lots of the other FOOD
PRODUCERS The islamo nazi pigs were trying to starve the young
country and its world war II and islamic oppressed refugees to death---
so Israel traded with south africa------it helped them survive the starvation siege --------a fact which annoys caturday because imagining jews dropping
dead of starvation in the gutters is his fave wet dream

Rose;
Quit trying to flame the posts that you write. I have never indicated that I wish anyone to die let alone Jews. But I have to tell you as you have been told before many time you and Roudy that it is responces like this that engender feelings of disquiet. You do not garner any rational support by slandering other people. I have also told you before not to put words into my mouth because all you do is make foolish assumptions when you do so. However it is nice that you confirm Israeli support for Aparthied South Africa. I have a question for Roudy, what do you think MLK would think of this ???

Not a damn thing really, just a couple strongly worded memos to Sudan to stop bombing and raping the people in Darfur. The Bush administration at the time tried diplomatically with Colin Powell leading but not much happened.
Look what is happening in Lebanon.

Not all colors welcomed in Lebanon's cultural tapestry - CNN.com

Forum List

Back