Israel elections: Netanyahu set to win as rival concedes

Trump gave him a boost as Trump might be even more popular outside the U.S than at home. If U.S media were fair, especially in their description of other nations failures (such as Canada); he would be very popular at home. As it were, he has to earn high marks the old fashioned way, by delivering on his promises.

Bibi and Trump have become close, and Israelis voted in at least some part due to this. Let's see if media covers this angle as they should.

With the Likud party having won an impressive 35 Knesset seats in Tuesday’s elections, it seems likely that Benjamin Netanyahu will be asked to form the next Israeli government, giving him a fifth term as prime minister. To Shmuel Rosner, the reasons for his continued success are straightforward:

[Netanyahu] seems to have succeeded again this time for the same reason he has dominated Israeli politics for most of the past 25 years: because when it comes to Israel’s national security, he is a leader with strategy and vision. And that is what many voters want.

In the mid-1990s, during his first term as prime minister, Netanyahu rejected the assumptions underlying the peace process with the Palestinians. At the time this was considered daringly right wing. Today, it is considered common sense in Israel, including by Netanyahu’s political rivals. Likewise, Netanyahu was one of the first politicians to recognize Iran as the main threat to Israel’s survival, and fought fiercely in international forums to get the world’s attention to this problem. Today, this view is also widely appreciated across the Israeli political spectrum.

The list goes on: in 2005, he warned that withdrawing Israeli troops from Gaza would end in disaster—and it did.

Benjamin Netanyahu Wins Elections because—to Most Israelis—He’s Right about What Matters

With the Likud party having won an impressive 35 Knesset seats in Tuesday’s elections, it seems likely that Benjamin Netanyahu will be asked to form the next Israeli government, giving him a fifth term as prime minister. To Shmuel Rosner, the reasons for his continued success are straightforward:

[Netanyahu] seems to have succeeded again this time for the same reason he has dominated Israeli politics for most of the past 25 years: because when it comes to Israel’s national security, he is a leader with strategy and vision. And that is what many voters want.

In the mid-1990s, during his first term as prime minister, Netanyahu rejected the assumptions underlying the peace process with the Palestinians. At the time this was considered daringly right wing. Today, it is considered common sense in Israel, including by Netanyahu’s political rivals. Likewise, Netanyahu was one of the first politicians to recognize Iran as the main threat to Israel’s survival, and fought fiercely in international forums to get the world’s attention to this problem. Today, this view is also widely appreciated across the Israeli political spectrum.

The list goes on: in 2005, he warned that withdrawing Israeli troops from Gaza would end in disaster—and it did.

Benjamin Netanyahu Wins Elections because—to Most Israelis—He’s Right about What Matters
Israeli Minister: Main threat is the Israeli security policy, not Hamas, Hezbollah or Iran

Israeli Minister: Main threat is the Israeli security policy, not Hamas, Hezbollah or Iran

He said that. What do you say?

I say these tensions are unnecessary. You want right to exist? Respect others´ right to exist, then. Propose a two-state solution under the condition that Hamas dissolves. If that doesn´t work out, occupy the Gaza strip and remove Hamas. Make peace with Syria. There will be a solution. I guess the water in the occupied Golan Heights (70 % of Israel´s supply as far as I know) is also enough for the Syrians in the region. Make a deal with Iran. Their current President is moderate and would be happy to have this issue solved. Respect Lebanon´s sovereignty and the tensions with Hezbollah will end.

I say these tensions are unnecessary. You want right to exist? Respect others´ right to exist, then. Propose a two-state solution under the condition that Hamas dissolves. If that doesn´t work out, occupy the Gaza strip and remove Hamas. Make peace with Syria. There will be a solution. I guess the water in the occupied Golan Heights (70 % of Israel´s supply as far as I know) is also enough for the Syrians in the region. Make a deal with Iran. Their current President is moderate and would be happy to have this issue solved. Respect Lebanon´s sovereignty and the tensions with Hezbollah will end.

Sounds great.

And pigs can fly.

Sounds great.

And pigs can fly.
So you are happy with the current non-solution?

Sounds great.

And pigs can fly.

Don't try that one. I've girded my loins against provocateurs like you.

How is Israel not respecting Lebanon's sovereignity? Israel moved all its troops out of Lebanon in the year 2000, at great peril to itself.

Sounds great.

And pigs can fly.

Screw you then. I am just arguing. You jews and your never ending accusations...

How is Israel not respecting Lebanon's sovereignity? Israel moved all its troops out of Lebanon in the year 2000, at great peril to itself.
They are violating Lebanon´s airspace daily and attempt to steal their off-shore recourses.

Sounds great.

And pigs can fly.

Screw you then. I am just arguing. You jews and your never ending accusations...

Ah.

Forum List

Back