It's a Refugee crisis, not an Immigration issue.

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
I keep hearing all this clamor about immigration.

Now its Children from Central America, crossing our border, and this is described as an Immigration issue.

It is a Refugee crisis.

We went to war with Serbia over a Refugee crises.

It seems to me there are failed countries, like Mexico, and most of Central America, why are we not addressing this issue, as its Refugees fleeing, not Immigrants coming.

Sorry, it's an illegal alien crisis.

Like, from outer space?

Illegal Alien hardly even registers to me, that term is so far removed from the actuality of reality and all the details of what exactly is happening.

There is a prescribed process, and many have no sympathy, nor empathy with those who do not follow same. I have fears; the new "flood", "tide", or "flow", whichever term you prefer, are easy targets for all types of criminal enterprises.

This mess has been purposefully caused.

Absolutely! And Obama's policies are being touted by the media in Central America as basically the chance of a lifetime to move to the US.

America is fucked.

Central America Newspapers Tout Open US Door for Illegal Minors

Wednesday, 11 Jun 2014 08:47 AM

By Todd Beamon

Newspapers in El Salvador and Honduras are promoting policies by the Obama administration that defer deportation to minors brought to the United States as children by their parents — known as "Dreamers" — and those that are housing illegal children at military bases in the South and West.

"Almost all agree that a child who crossed the border illegally with their parents, or in search of a father or a better life, was not making an adult choice to break our laws, and should be treated differently than adult violators of the law," Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson is quoted in a story about a new two-year extension of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy published by Diario El Mundo in El Salvador.

Central America Newspapers Promote Obama Policies on Illegals

This mess has been purposefully caused.

Absolutely! And Obama's policies are being touted by the media in Central America as basically the chance of a lifetime to move to the US.

America is fucked.

Central America Newspapers Tout Open US Door for Illegal Minors

Wednesday, 11 Jun 2014 08:47 AM

By Todd Beamon

Newspapers in El Salvador and Honduras are promoting policies by the Obama administration that defer deportation to minors brought to the United States as children by their parents — known as "Dreamers" — and those that are housing illegal children at military bases in the South and West.

"Almost all agree that a child who crossed the border illegally with their parents, or in search of a father or a better life, was not making an adult choice to break our laws, and should be treated differently than adult violators of the law," Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson is quoted in a story about a new two-year extension of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy published by Diario El Mundo in El Salvador.

Central America Newspapers Promote Obama Policies on Illegals

The children, a few adults arecoming in through Texas, yes, it does look puposeful, and Gov. Perry wants 500 million......

Now its Children from Central America, crossing our border, and this is described as an Immigration issue.

It is a Refugee crisis.

It seems to me there are failed countries, like Mexico, and most of Central America, why are we not addressing this issue, as its Refugees fleeing, not Immigrants coming.

So that's the pro open borders people's narrative?
Thanks.

Whatever you term it, the states have concurrent jurisdiction:

State Arrest Authority

The preliminary question is whether the states have inherent power (subject to federal preemption) to make arrests for violation of federal law. That is, may state police, exercising state law authority only, make arrests for violations of federal law, or do they have power to make such arrests only insofar as they are exercising delegated federal executive power? The answer to this question is plainly the former.

The source of this authority flows from the states’ status as sovereign entities. They are sovereign governments possessing all residual powers not abridged or superceded by the U.S. Constitution. The source of the state governments’ power is entirely independent of the U.S. Constitution. See Sturges v. Crowninshield, 17 U.S. (4 Wheat.) 122, 193 (1819). Moreover, the enumerated powers doctrine that constrains the powers of the federal government does not so constrain the powers of the states. Rather, the states possess what are known as "police powers," which need not be specifically enumerated. Police powers are "an exercise of the sovereign right of the government to protect the lives, health, morals, comfort, and general welfare of the people…" Manigault v. Springs, 199 U.S. 473, 480 (1905). Essentially, states may take any action (consistent with their own constitutions and laws) unless there exists a prohibition in the U.S. Constitution or such action has been preempted by federal law.2

It is well established that the authority of state police to make arrests for violation of federal law is not limited to those situations in which they are exercising delegated federal power. Rather, such arrest authority inheres in the States’ status as sovereign entities. It stems from the basic power of one sovereign to assist another sovereign. This is the same inherent authority that is exercised whenever a state law enforcement officer witnesses a federal crime being committed and makes an arrest. That officer is not acting pursuant to delegated federal power. Rather, he is exercising the inherent power of his state to assist another sovereign.

State and Local Authority to Enforce Immigration Law: A Unified Approach for Stopping Terrorists | Center for Immigration Studies

It is a Refugee crisis.

If you want to bomb Cental America into the stone age to solve this problem, then feel free to write your Congressman. That's what we did to Serbia. If you want to reward this illegals with food, clothing, housing, medical care, and amnesty, then do it on your own dime. Why should I pay or any of that?

There are some really unhinged people here making really stupid comments.

The OP, on the other hand...is not one of them.

I'm not sure where the OP is going with it.....but treating these kids as though they are fleeing unimaginable circumstances....and need our help....is the appropriate response.

Nobody planned this. It is not a voter registration drive. You fucking lunatics.

I'm not sure where the OP is going with it.....but treating these kids as though they are fleeing unimaginable circumstances....and need our help....is the appropriate response.

Nobody planned this. It is not a voter registration drive. You fucking lunatics.

There are a billion people that need our help, you unmitigated ahole...where do you draw the line?

You're naive. Democrats need people like you.

There are a billion people that need our help, you unmitigated ahole...where do you draw the line?

Yes...anyone who suggests helping kids must be an "unmitigated ahole".

It seems you would draw the line at "0". If we cannot help all...we should help none. Right? Really simple. The stuff of a simpleton.

This is a "man caused disaster" if there ever was one. The man who caused it is named Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back