It's all about October 1!!!!

Leeches used for bleeding at one time were considered to cure disease, too.

Polls have a far better record than leeches in terms of predicting elections.

There is no more reliable indicator.

Not in the real world anymore.

If you know of a more reliable method of predicting election results, by all means tell us.

Based on the way the polls have gotten politicized lately, a magic 8 ball would be more accurate.

Its a nice line. But would you like to compare polling to actual election results?

Skypilot, you're like a pimple that won't come to a head.

Polls have a far better record than leeches in terms of predicting elections.

There is no more reliable indicator.

If you know of a more reliable method of predicting election results, by all means tell us.

Based on the way the polls have gotten politicized lately, a magic 8 ball would be more accurate.

Its a nice line. But would you like to compare polling to actual election results?

I'm someone who looks at the evidence.

Last chance....would you like to compare polling data to actual election results?

Even Trump called Ford's account credible. As did Senator Flake. Listening to a credible witness about something as serious as attempted forcible rape is hardly 'character assassination'.

Especially after the nominee has been caught lying repeated. Including under oath. Kavanaugh's credibility is shit. Which might explain why Kavanaugh refused to back an FBI investigation.
Why do you think i care what trump says? Or flake?

You should care about a credible witness. Which Ford was. And you should certainly care about attempted forcible rape. And Kavanaugh lying repeatedly.

Again, listening to a credible witness about something as serious as attempted forcible rape is hardly 'character assassination'.
I think she is full of shit. I dont consider her credible. I dont care what other peoples opinions are.

OK. Forget Ford for the moment. Kavanaugh lied. That alone is reason to deny him a place on the court.
I have heard people say he lied but i dont know anything about it. What did he lie about?

You would be an awesome guy if you didn’t play dumb like that.

True story.

Current justices of the Supreme Court
  • Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice. since October 23, 1991. Age70.
  • Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice. since August 10, 1993. Age85.
  • Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice. since August 3, 1994. Age80.
  • Samuel Alito, Associate Justice. since January 31, 2006. Age68.
List of Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Justices_of_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_Stat...

Alito began serving at the end of January, immediately after he was confirmed by the Senate.
Thomas was confirmed October 15 1991 and was sworn in October 23.

What is the all fired urgency? They do not have to WAIT 'til next year. Whoever begins can't rule on cases the court has already heard, true, but since the term is just beginning, it shouldn't be that big a backlog of cases.
Its an urgency because republicans know trump wont get an appointment in if dems take the senate.
Its an urgency because dems dont want trump to get in another appointment.

Political bullshit.

Is there anyone who doesn't understand that this circus is all about delaying a Senate confirmation vote on Judge Kavanaugh until after October 1, when the Supreme Court begins its new session? If he is not confirmed before then, he will have to sit out the entire session and not have a vote on any cases to be decided.

EVERYTHING the Democrats have done has been towards this end. It has NOTHING to do with an honest search for the truth, since they have already stated that a mere accusation is sufficient grounds to disqualify Judge Kavanaugh.

After Dr. Ford gets all the mileage and publicity she can out of her unsubstantiated allegation, she will "graciously" withdraw it "for the good of the country."

And many of you will swallow this crap.

Na, I hope Kavanaugh pushes it. MKe that old ho go to court and prove her shit. That’s what Chuck Schumer did and the allifqtions went away fast.

I'm someone who looks at the evidence.

Last chance....would you like to compare polling data to actual election results?
look at sure.

understanding seems to be the issue.

Don't worry Skypilot, the FBI has everything under control.

With Kavanaugh refusing to call for the FBI investigation either.

That wasn't his call to make.

His call or no, he refused to call for one.

Ford did. She actively sought an FBI investigation. Per members of the Senate Panel, the only person who didn't want an FBI investigation was Kavanaugh.

I guess that you missed his opening statement and didn't watch the whole hearing from the beginning.

When asked directly if he would call for an FBI investigation, Kavanaugh was evasive and dodged the question. It was asked to him repeatedly.

Kavanaugh refused to call for such an investigation. Ford did, from the beginning.
He wasn't evasive. He said he would welcome whatever the committee wanted to do. I don't think the guy should get the nomination, but on this one, I think it's unfair to keep criticizing him for this. The Republicans on the committee---the ones who supported him--did NOT WANT an investigation. They had made no secret about that. Why would Kavanaugh call for an investigation and piss off all eleven people who were willing to vote him in?
He said he would welcome WHATEVER the committee wanted to do. I think that covers it sufficiently. I highly doubt if he meant it, but that is what he said.

Trump said today that if Kavanaugh lied, he shouldn't be on the SC.

I wonder if he's paid attention to the last times that Kavanaugh lied to Congress?

I wonder if he's paid attention to the last times that Kavanaugh lied to Congress?

You can't go by what Trump says. He'll do what ever he wants to do no matter what he said before. It's what spoiled children do.

You can't go by what Trump says. He'll do what ever he wants to do no matter what he said before. It's what spoiled children do.

Yeah, but it still doesn't excuse Kavanaugh lying to Congress earlier this decade.

Yeah, but it still doesn't excuse Kavanaugh lying to Congress earlier this decade.

Of course it doesn't excuse that, but looking for Trump to do the honorable thing is a waste of time.

Forum List

Back