It's odd that Berkeley has "FREE SPEECH WEEK"Why only 1 week? Why no free speech the other 51 weeks?

"Free speech week" is the name of an event organized by Milo to annoy and piss people off.

It is not a UC Berkeley orgainized event.
Yeah, silly to think a leftist university would allocate even an entire second as a free speech period.

:lol:

This isn't about "free speech", it's about provoking confrontation.

Freedom of speech isn't restricted at UC Berkeley. You, or anyone else, can walk into Sproul and rant about whatever you want, whenever you want.

What Milo is demanding is that the school provide him a venue to speak at - and I'll respect that demand as soon as Bob Jones University gives Gloria Steinem a venue to speak there.
Yes, free thought is a trigger mechanism for the left to become violent.

"Free speech week" is the name of an event organized by Milo to annoy and piss people off.

Yeah, silly to think a leftist university would allocate even an entire second as a free speech period.

Freedom of speech isn't restricted at UC Berkeley. You, or anyone else, can walk into Sproul and rant about whatever you want, whenever you want.

What Milo is demanding is that the school provide him a venue to speak at - and I'll respect that demand as soon as Bob Jones University gives Gloria Steinem a venue to speak there.
And let us know when a leftist requests to speak at Bob Jones U.
We all know they'll speak with no riots.

"Free speech" is quite literally prohibited at Bob Jones University - a student there could be expelled for even suggesting to invite someone like Steinem.

You do understand there's a difference between a publicly funded university and a private one, right?

You do understand there's a difference between a publicly funded university and a private one, right?

I do.

Do you understand what the difference is?

Yes..Berkeley is a public university largely subsidized with California taxpayer money.

What is the point you are trying to make?

Yes..Berkeley is a public university largely subsidized with California taxpayer money.

The point I'm making is that we see through your bullshit.

I do.

Yes. But you obviously do not.

You are replying to COSMOS, not me, correct?

Let's just be clear on that.

I do.

If you believe that the fact that UC Berkeley is a public university means that they have to allow anyone who wants a venue to speak at, then you seriously don't understand.

You are replying to COSMOS, not me, correct?

Let's just be clear on that.

That's a cute try - but no, I'm talking to you.

"Free speech" is quite literally prohibited at Bob Jones University - a student there could be expelled for even suggesting to invite someone like Steinem.
Link ?

Seriously, why is free speech only for a special week at Berkeley?

It's not. That's the point that you're either willfully ignoring, or just too stupid to understand.

"Free Speech Week" is the name of the event that Milo has organized, not a UC Berkeley event.

Why the personal attacks? That's very snowflake of you. Did I attack you personally at any time?

It's FREE SPEECH WEEK at Berkeley. Classes are cancelled and mental health counselling is available to students who are upset that Jews and queers and women are allowed to speak.

That is pathetic.

Riots, cancelled classes, and shrinks for snowflakes who cant handle a queer and a jew and a woman speaking freely. WOW

I do.

If you believe that the fact that UC Berkeley is a public university means that they have to allow anyone who wants a venue to speak at, then you seriously don't understand.
Unlike Bob Jones, Berzerkly bans free speech.

Forum List

Back