It's odd that Berkeley has "FREE SPEECH WEEK"Why only 1 week? Why no free speech the other 51 weeks?

:lol:

This isn't about "free speech", it's about provoking confrontation.

Freedom of speech isn't restricted at UC Berkeley. You, or anyone else, can walk into Sproul and rant about whatever you want, whenever you want.

What Milo is demanding is that the school provide him a venue to speak at - and I'll respect that demand as soon as Bob Jones University gives Gloria Steinem a venue to speak there.

You do understand there's a difference between a publicly funded university and a private one, right?

I do.

Do you understand what the difference is?

Yes. But you obviously do not.

If you believe that the fact that UC Berkeley is a public university means that they have to allow anyone who wants a venue to speak at, then you seriously don't understand.
Unlike Bob Jones, Berzerkly bans free speech.

No, it doesn't.

Step on the Berkeley campus, and say whatever you want. Nothing will happen.

On the other hand, if you say "fuck" on the Bob Jones campus, you'll be expelled.

Berkeley Fight song:

"QUEERS AND JEWS AND WOMEN....OH MY!!!"

tumblr_mvxn91Q3nQ1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Yeah, silly to think a leftist university would allocate even an entire second as a free speech period.

Freedom of speech isn't restricted at UC Berkeley. You, or anyone else, can walk into Sproul and rant about whatever you want, whenever you want.

What Milo is demanding is that the school provide him a venue to speak at - and I'll respect that demand as soon as Bob Jones University gives Gloria Steinem a venue to speak there.

You do understand there's a difference between a publicly funded university and a private one, right?

I do.

If you believe that the fact that UC Berkeley is a public university means that they have to allow anyone who wants a venue to speak at, then you seriously don't understand.

I don't think I said that, did I.

"Free speech week" is the name of an event organized by Milo to annoy and piss people off.

It is not a UC Berkeley orgainized event.
Yeah, silly to think a leftist university would allocate even an entire second as a free speech period.

And let us know when a leftist requests to speak at Bob Jones U.
We all know they'll speak with no riots.

"Free speech" is quite literally prohibited at Bob Jones University - a student there could be expelled for even suggesting to invite someone like Steinem.
Link ?

http://www.bju.edu/life-faith/student-handbook.pdf

I do.

Unlike Bob Jones, Berzerkly bans free speech.

No, it doesn't.

Step on the Berkeley campus, and say whatever you want. Nothing will happen.

On the other hand, if you say "fuck" on the Bob Jones campus, you'll be expelled.
Yeah right. From the Left Angeles Times.
UC Berkeley Chancellor Carol T. Christ: 'Free speech has itself become controversial'

Safe Zone Violation!

The birthplace of free speech is now offering mental health assitance for those Berkeley students who are traumatize by people speaking about things they disagree with.

Can I get a shrink because I think there should be 2 bathrooms, not 32 bathrooms? I disagree with that premise, but I am not suffering PTSD from hearing an opposing opinion.

"Free speech" is quite literally prohibited at Bob Jones University - a student there could be expelled for even suggesting to invite someone like Steinem.
Link ?

So you lied. No where does it say that.

it's "DON'T MURDER YOUR FAMILY WEEK" at my house...the wife and kids are thrilled.

I apologize for my heteronormative behavior, maybe mental health counselling is available for anyone who is threatened.

Link ?

69 pages in less than 5 minutes.

You're quite the speed reader, aren't you?

But I think you missed page 66. Wanna try again?

Link ?

Page 66 the leftist thinks free speech is banned:

Entertainment

Television and movie viewing is to be in keeping with university guidelines. Because of copyright issues, commercial videos are not shown on the bus.

With the sponsor’s consent, personal music devices and headphones may be used if content is in keeping with the University’s music policies.

Transportation

Whenever possible, university travel should be conducted using university vehicles. Vehicle requests should be made two weeks in advance. University insurance covers employees and student representatives who are authorized through the vehicle request process as drivers or occupants of university vehicles. Additional information is available here.

Link ?

Entertainment

Television and movie viewing is to be in keeping with university guidelines. Because of copyright issues, commercial videos are not shown on the bus.

With the sponsor’s consent, personal music devices and headphones may be used if content is in keeping with the University’s music policies.

Transportation

Whenever possible, university travel should be conducted using university vehicles. Vehicle requests should be made two weeks in advance. University insurance covers employees and student representatives who are authorized through the vehicle request process as drivers or occupants of university vehicles. Additional information is available here.

Apologies. Page 61

A Christian’s entertainment choices should reflect Christ and encourage him or her to be more like Christ. While it can be beneficial to be culturally literate, every Christian should selfcensor his or her entertainment choices. Below are common categories of elements that are biblically objectionable and should be censored:
• Profanity
• Scatological realism—pertaining to excretory functions
• Sexual perversion—adultery, fornication, homosexuality
• Erotic realism—explicit descriptions of sexual acts
• Lurid violence
• Occultism
False philosophical or religious assumptions—the most dangerous, yet the most overlooked, of all objectionable elements

Entertainment

Transportation

Apologies. Page 61

A Christian’s entertainment choices should reflect Christ and encourage him or her to be more like Christ. While it can be beneficial to be culturally literate, every Christian should selfcensor his or her entertainment choices. Below are common categories of elements that are biblically objectionable and should be censored:
• Profanity
• Lurid violence
• Occultism
False philosophical or religious assumptions—the most dangerous, yet the most overlooked, of all objectionable elements
Good for them. They don't want students teaching Islamic jihad to other kids.

Nothing to do with any guest speaker requirements. Nor the fact no leftist requests to speak there because they know it's a Nothing burger.

Entertainment

Transportation

Apologies. Page 61

• Profanity
• Lurid violence
• Occultism

Nothing to do with any guest speaker requirements. Nor the fact no leftist requests to speak there because they know it's a Nothing burger.

You mistake how these things work. Speakers do not "request" to speak at schools.

They are invited, either by student groups, or the school as a whole. In Berkeley's case, it's a small conservative campus newspaper that "invited" him.

Do you believe that Bob Jones University would allow one of their student groups to invite Gloria Steinem?

Nothing free about it.

"The school, in an unprecedented move that has ruffled the feathers of other student groups on campus, has agreed to pick up staffing and event fees. All told, the school will spend at least six figures to bring Shapiro to campus, Mogulof said."

What if these pseudocon performers show up and nobody on the left cared enough to go?

Here are the Four US Victims of Acid Attacks in France This Past Weekend

So, here the GATEWAY PUNDIT has an article about 4 American female college students who suffered an acid attack in Paris.

According to the Progs on this board....this attack DID NOT HAPPEN....because its being reported on by "THE GATEWAY PUNDIT."

It's fake news. There was no attack.

It would be easier if Progs would just list their trusted news sources.

What are they? Specifically. Just list the Prog trusted news sources.

Entertainment

Transportation

Apologies. Page 61

• Profanity
• Lurid violence
• Occultism

You mistake how these things work. Speakers do not "request" to speak at schools.

They are invited, either by student groups, or the school as a whole. In Berkeley's case, it's a small conservative campus newspaper that "invited" him.

Do you believe that Bob Jones University would allow one of their student groups to invite Gloria Steinem?

Queers and Jews can't speak freely on Berkeley campus. Reminds me of NAZIS.

What specifically did Ben Shapiro say that was a violent act against Berkeley students?

Here is the transcript, what speech is violence?

What specific sentences should he have NOT been allowed to say?

The Complete Transcript: Ben Takes Berkeley

The Complete Transcript: Ben Takes Berkeley
ben_takes_berkeley.jpg

screenshot from YouTube
ByDAILY WIRE
September 15, 2017

On Thursday night, Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro gave his long-awaited speech at the University of California, Berkeley. It was a frontal assault on both political extremes, the hard-Left, as exemplified by Antifa, and the alt-right. The speech titled, "Say No To Campus Thuggery," was also a call for Americans to see each other as individuals, rather than as members of various identity groups, and was also threaded with one of Shapiro's constant themes: the need for people to stop viewing themselves as victims and take control of their own lives.

The complete transcript is below:

Thank you. Thank you so much. I only wish the administration had allowed us to fill up the rest of these seats, which we certainly would have.

One fan shouted out, “I love you, Ben!” Shapiro responded, “Love you right back!”

He continued:

First of all, I have to thank Berkeley; I have to say, conservatives have done something amazing; they have achieved something incredible: if you look outside there is K-bar everywhere, they’ve built, basically these structures that keep Antifa from invading the premises. So that means that Berkeley has actually achieved building a wall before Donald Trump did.

Edited for copyright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Entertainment

Transportation

Apologies. Page 61

• Profanity
• Lurid violence
• Occultism

Hell no. Why should they? The whole point of a private school is to keep the rotten influences out and to promote the values of the school.

What specifically did Ben Shapiro say that was a violent act against Berkeley students?.
Your question may be rhetorical, but of course, the answer is that it doesn't matter.

If a snowflake claims to "feel" bothered or triggered or threatened in any way, they can miss classes, get counseling for mental micro aggressions and assistance in identifying the nearest "safe space" to which they can run and hide when exposed to an opposing view.

What is actually said by this guy is irrelevant.

That's what the Regressives have done to our kids. This is what they're turning our kids into.

Forum List

Back