Jeff Bezos Picks 18-Year-Old Dutch Student for Blue Origin Rocket Launch

Contemplate for a moment how many lives this pinhead could have changed with this money...how many single parents he could have set up for life (not to mention their kids).... how many endangered species he could have helped save...how many of the homeless he could have sheltered.

I just got two blasts on my phone celebrating this vanity stunt that will deliver nothing to mankind. It's not his responsibility, I know... It just sucks that we as a people place spend so much time celebrating celebrity instead of real contribution that gimmicks like this are on the radar of someone with too much money to spend and no idea how to spend it.
You're an idiot.

The Emperor of China ordered all Chinese exploration ships destroyed.

You would do the same.

And you derived this from what I wrote how exactly?
Your complaint that the money could have been better spent solving problems on Earth.

That kind of thinking is why the American space program has been stalled since the Moon landings.

Your complaint that the money could have been better spent solving problems on Earth.

That kind of thinking is why the American space program has been stalled since the Moon landings.

A private individual can do what he wants with his own money as long as it doesn't violate the law.
A government can't. Yes, this maniac's money could have been better spent solving problems on earth.

"A senior Democrat has proposed a new tax on commercial space flights, shortly after Jeff Bezos touched down Tuesday from his brief, high-profile jaunt to the edges of space"

On one hand, this is stupid and repugnant; on the other, this is what Bezos gets for supporting Democrats

your welcome. i buy 3 audiobooks a week from amazon's audible. the best customer!

this is distinctly an American event, my friends. nowhere on earth but America can these Space Barons rise, thrive, and succeed

i'm excited to follow their journey into the future

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

" Lehrer famously remarked that satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In a similar vein, I’ve increasingly found it difficult to come up with creative new ways of writing about the depredations of American inequality and the billionaire class that has been able to enrich itself so obscenely while hundreds of thousands have perished from a deadly disease. How, exactly, are you supposed to describe this stuff except in the most prosaic and literal way?

People in the world’s richest country are quite literally going hungry and the economy is somehow creating new billionaires while making the existing ones even richer. Seven million people are about to face eviction and the wealthiest man in human history just bought himself a personal yacht that costs the equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster, $500 million now being basically pocket change for a guy like Jeff Bezos."

Love him or hate him, we can learn a thing or two from Jeff Bezos…⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Because despite being worth an incredible $198.3 billion and being the CEO of Amazon⁣⁣
⁣⁣
...Jeff Bezos is proof that successful guys can and SHOULD get into shape.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
In case you haven’t noticed, Jeff is in incredible shape. Here’s how he does it:⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✔️He always sets aside enough time for a good sleep⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✔️Whenever he can, he avoids early morning meetings to make time for a healthy breakfast and hanging out with his kids⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✔️If he must have an early meeting, he orders healthy, high protein food to go⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✔️He works out⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✔️ He conditions his mindset daily⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✔️He always does the dishes after dinner (disciplined).⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Of course, he’s one of the wealthiest people on earth. So he can afford certain luxuries we cannot.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
But IF a man as busy as Bezos can make time for his family, nutrition, and exercise…⁣⁣
⁣⁣
And you cannot?⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Then you need to analyse what’s going wrong.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
9/10 you need structure and accountability.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Two things I’ll give you in abundance…⁣⁣
⁣⁣
If you’re an aspirational leader - in your business or in your family - let’s talk about what you need to get you thriving.⁣⁣

Forum List

Back