Jesse Jackson Jr. going to prison; says he 'manned up'

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
It's about time one of these crooks got jail time.

Washington (CNN) -- Former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., once a rising Democratic star whose political fortunes imploded over the use of campaign finances to support lavish personal spending, was sentenced to 30 months in prison on Wednesday.

"I misled the American people," Jackson, 48, said before U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposed the term, which also included an order for restitution and community service.

The ex-Illinois lawmaker's wife, Sandi, received a 12-month sentence for her role in her husband's misuse of roughly $750,000 in campaign funds over several years.

"I don't have to tell you this is a very sad day and a very difficult case," Judge Jackson said, calling it an example of organized and joint misconduct and a violation of the public trust.

"You knew better," she said.

Jesse Jackson Jr. going to prison; says he 'manned up' - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., once a rising Democratic star whose political fortunes imploded over the use of campaign finances to support lavish personal spending, was sentenced to 30 months in prison on Wednesday.

"I misled the American people," Jackson, 48, said before U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposed the term, which also included an order for restitution and community service.

The ex-Illinois lawmaker's wife, Sandi, received a 12-month sentence for her role in her husband's misuse of roughly $750,000 in campaign funds over several years.

"I don't have to tell you this is a very sad day and a very difficult case," Judge Jackson said, calling it an example of organized and joint misconduct and a violation of the public trust.

Manned up.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I wonder if his daddy will ever man up.

I wonder if his daddy will ever man up.

Yeah right. :lol:

In a statement read in court, Jackson said he wanted to be held accountable for his actions and he knew what he did was wrong.

He also asked the judge to not punish his wife for what he said "was a subset of what I did."

"I ask that my kids not suffer from my actions," Jackson said of his two children, 9 and 13. "If probation is not available to my wife, give me her time."

^^ Love that comment. What a champ. Guess they should have thought of their kids before committing a crime...huh. :eusa_hand:

This man is a typical Democrat and what the Democrat party is FULL OF...

How anyone can belong to this party full of crooks and corruption...look at Detroit..

Forum List

Back